PDA

View Full Version : Loot table not working?

ryder911
02-26-2010, 01:40 PM
So im modifying the drops in crushbone - and did 3 different set of loot tables. The first two i made work fine, but the third nothing drops. I eventually even changed it to look like the second one, but still none of the npcs that have that loot table will drop anything... Has anyone experienced this / has any advice on a solution>

GeorgeS
02-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Describe the lootdrop you are making and I'll test it out.

Also reboot the server when you make a change to go live.

GeorgeS

jkennedy
02-27-2010, 11:09 PM
you need to make sure u go into the menu and get a new lootable id and a new lootdrop id i believe the other was called ive had this same problem

GeorgeS
03-04-2010, 12:08 AM
That's correct, you need to assign a new loottable id then go from there.
Loottables can be shared by NPC's, but in your case you need a unique id, which the program will generate.

GeorgeS

ghostriderdoom
03-10-2010, 11:28 PM
I can make a new npc no problem, assign a loottable id, lootdrop id and put items in the loot table with the tool. But if its a new lootable id then I have a problem. the lootdrop ID does not register I guess. I am not sure why, I do Save Loot every time.

The only fix is i have to manually go in and do

insert into lootdrop ('id', 'name') values (40013, npcname');

I am using your newest Editor and Peq DB 1265. I would love not to have to do the sql command, your tools are awesome.

GeorgeS
03-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Not sure why it does not work for you.
I just reran a few examples, and they appear to work fine.
The tools are always a few months behind the recent builds, but I'm not aware of schema changes...not sure what to do
One thing that might help , is does it write the new lootable_id at all? anything?

GeorgeS

ghostriderdoom
03-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Not sure why it does not work for you.
I just reran a few examples, and they appear to work fine.
The tools are always a few months behind the recent builds, but I'm not aware of schema changes...not sure what to do
One thing that might help , is does it write the new lootable_id at all? anything?

GeorgeS

When you say they appear to work fine, have you seen items on newly created npcs actually in game with new lootdrop ID s ? Because in the tool it looks like it works fine but in game they do not link up.

GeorgeS
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Yes it does work, in game. I just checked again.

What I do to check is this. With loot editor, I loaded Oasis zone, spawn id #37000 cistern asp, Had the program create a new spawngroup id, and a default dropdropid. I changed the item to be dropped to 100% and the item was an egg, item 13088. Clicked save

Loaded the server, then went to Oasis. Typed in dbspawn 37000, the asp spawned, and collected the egg that dropped after the kill.

So, I would check by spawning that exact npc whose loot you modified and see what drops.

usage: dbspawn npcid
GeorgeS

ghostriderdoom
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Ok, the problem with it not registering the Lootdrop ID only happens when u enter in your own IDs. I just used the tool to generate the IDs instead of manually entering them myself , relogged the server and everything works. Thanks for this great tool !!