PDA

View Full Version : Warrior BOT 1hs/2hs bugged post EQEmu-Rev1180a-Bots.rar

Rykeau
03-27-2010, 04:01 AM
Not sure if this is the right thread and please forgive my novice level of troubleshooting these issues. If there is anything I can do help you in this process please feel free to let me know. On with the story...

I've been having problems with my Warrior BOTs 1 and 2hs post EQEmu-Rev1180a-Bots build. I've compiled 3 different times on 3 different dates over the last 2 weeks (including tonight after doing a fresh download from source) and in each case my Warrior BOT (Lvl 53 DWF) has bugged 1hs/2hs when equipped with any slashing weapon. Anthing from a Fine Steel Long Sword to the Ancient Frostreaver shows the title in RED instead of GREEN when looking at BOT inventory and also has no item associated stats. Not to mention damage is now at a basic damage level (between 10-18 HP damage per hit) no matter what slashing weapon is used/equipped.

If I revert my server run folder back to the EQEmu-Rev1180a-Bots build my War BOTs damage output and slash weapon usage is back to normal however now my healing bots like to help the mobs more than I care for ;)

I have tried clean databases as well but am not confident this has any relationship to the issue since simply replacing the build in my server run folder without changing my database corrects the issue.

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue with my War BOTs slashing weapons and damage would be apprecated.

Thank you in advance for your time and the great service and product you provide. I for one greatly appreciate your efforts!

Congdar
03-27-2010, 07:11 PM
I've added a new release since 1180 was pretty old. Upate to 1316 and you'll need to update your database to the latest release plus any updates after that up to 1316.

Rykeau
03-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Thank you very much. I will try this out!

Rykeau
03-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Ok - problem still exists :(

Steps I took are as follows:

Deleted EQDatabase and removed all build files from server EQ run directory. Copied new EQEmu-Rev1316-Bots build to server EQ run directory. Created new EQDatabase and sourced with peqdb_rev1265.sql database file. Sourced load_player and load_bots. Sourced 1280, 1290, and 1293 sql files. Restored tables only from backup - not entire DB. Warrior BOT has gimped slashing abilities.

Now, doing some trial and error, I've narrowed down the issue to the new zone.exe file that is compiled. If I replace the zone.exe included in the Rev1316 build with the zone.exe file from the 1180 build my War BOT slashing skills are back to normal.

Any other ideas?

Congdar
03-28-2010, 01:27 AM
I guess you'll need to be more specific about your issue. There were no bot code changes in 1181. How is the behavior in 1179? Did the gimping occur in 1181 if it worked in 1180? Did 1180 boost the skill such that 1179 and 1181 are the same?

Rykeau
03-29-2010, 06:53 PM
I'll do the best that I can to provide the information you need.

Equipping my lvl 55 DWF War BOT with an Ancient Longhandled Frostreaver while using build 1180 results in hits upwards of 1k+. Using the same BOT and same weapon in the 1316 build results in hits of a max of 28. Piercing and blunt do not seem to be impacted. The results are the same for 1hs and 2hs where the dmg output of the weapon is a max 28 per hit regardless of the slashing weapon used. I've had this issue in all builds I have tried since 1180. Again, I have narrowed it down in my case to something in the zone.exe file but being a novice at most of this I don't know what's actually compiled in that file.

I don't have a build for 1179 or 1181 but will do my best to get you more information. I did generate a bot build around 1264 that exhibited this issue and I thought it was something I did wrong (which still may be the case!) so I deleted it. I appreciate your patience as I try and figure this out. Thanks!

Rykeau
03-31-2010, 02:34 AM
I believe I've resolved the issue on my end for the slashing weapons.

For my situation it turns out it was a database related issue. The items table for some of the weapons I was using apparently had incorrect entries in the "charmfileid" field. Items 13555 (Ancient Longhandled Frostreaver) and 32801 (Ancient Frostreaver) in particular both had entries of 30235 instead of 0 which prevented the weapons from functioning properly when equipped. After changing the values in the "charmfileid" field back to 0 everything appeared to be working correctly from a damage output perspective.

Assuming this is an actual issue, the peqdb_rev1265 database has these incorrect values in the items table for at least the 2 weapons above. I will continue to research and see if there are any other items of concern.

gaeorn
03-31-2010, 03:13 AM
I believe I've resolved the issue on my end for the slashing weapons.

For my situation it turns out it was a database related issue. The items table for some of the weapons I was using apparently had incorrect entries in the "charmfileid" field. Items 13555 (Ancient Longhandled Frostreaver) and 32801 (Ancient Frostreaver) in particular both had entries of 30235 instead of 0 which prevented the weapons from functioning properly when equipped. After changing the values in the "charmfileid" field back to 0 everything appeared to be working correctly from a damage output perspective.

Assuming this is an actual issue, the peqdb_rev1265 database has these incorrect values in the items table for at least the 2 weapons above. I will continue to research and see if there are any other items of concern.

You should post this information over on the PEQ forums (http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/).

pfyon
03-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Seems it's an issue with the peq db.

mysql> select name,charmfileid from items where name in ("Ancient Longhandled Frostreaver","Ancient Frostreaver");
+---------------------------------+-------------+
| name | charmfileid |
| Ancient Frostreaver | 30235 |
| Ancient Longhandled Frostreaver | 30235 |
2 rows in set (0.02 sec)

Rykeau
03-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Posted over at PEQ forums as well - thanks!