PDA

View Full Version : Spell set help

EqTitan
03-27-2010, 08:30 PM
First off is there a Wiki for the spells part of the editor?

I am missing a step in assigning spells apparently. This is what I do.

1. Create a new spell set ID by hitting the New List button on the Spell List Editor.
2. type in the spells I want on the right side as well as the stats
3. Hit the save to DB button
4. Then i put that spell set ID on the mob under the npc_spells_id column.

These are damage spells btw

Not sure what Im not doing right. Says they are in the DB but the mob is not casting them. Ive rebooted the server . Any help is much appreciated.

EqTitan
03-29-2010, 04:31 PM
George, where art thou ? :)

GeorgeS
03-29-2010, 10:13 PM
I checked a minute ago - created a new spell set (#22) and created a bunch of spells I copied/pasted and assigned to the npc (#37015 = orc priest).

In game summoned npc - #dbspawn 37015 (orc priest) and attacked him. He started casting all the spells on the list. Some were healing, some were DD.

So I would check by making the minlevel=1 and maxlevel=99,
set priority=1 and then summon the npc and see if that works.

btw - your workflow for creating spellsets is good

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
03-29-2010, 11:11 PM
On a slightly related topic, I upgraded the spell list editor so that when you copy >1 spell and paste anywhere in the destination list, you overwrite correctly and not like before - erasing everything. Copy 50 rows and paste 50 rows at the end will retain the original list spells, plus add your 50 spells!

Newest version is online, but I have not updated the website yet. Just download the linked file and it's the recent one from tonight

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayerZ
03-29-2010, 11:17 PM
I have created a few spell sets recently. They seem to be working fine to me.

The only thing I noticed, that it is possible for some of the original PEQ spell sets to only have procs, and no actual casted spells, while the editor will only let you save the set if there is at least 1 casted spell present.

EqTitan
03-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

happens when i try to put http://lucy.fnord.net/spell.html?id=4713&source=Live spell in a spell group
I put type as 256 , still does it, closes the whole editor out every time
This is a 2nd spell i am putting in after already saving the first to the DB btw.

Does type actually matter on these spells when setting them or just set the min / max level and priority liek u say in your previous post?

Also what is attack _proc ?

ChaosSlayerZ
03-30-2010, 03:36 PM
attack _proc is what mob procs on swing

EqTitan
03-30-2010, 04:15 PM
attack _proc is what mob procs on swing

Do u need to do anything but input the spell id into attack_proc column ?

Example from the peq db spell set id 345 a mastruq warfiend
is already set to 4570 attack proc which is chaos claws spell.

proc_chance is set to 3

No npc using this spellset is casting this proc at all, not even if i bump the proc_chance up to any other number.

ChaosSlayerZ
03-30-2010, 04:42 PM
well maybe that specific spell itself is broken. check something more common, like necro pet lifetap - works fine for me

EqTitan
03-30-2010, 04:51 PM

proc_chance is set to 3

No npc using this spellset is casting this proc at all, not even if i bump the proc_chance up to any other number.

ok i take that back, very rarely do they use it, just got one to do so....

ChaosSlayerZ
03-30-2010, 04:57 PM
note that you need to restart the server every time you change something there (like proc chance) =)

EqTitan
03-31-2010, 12:06 AM
note that you need to restart the server every time you change something there (like proc chance) =)

Ahh reading what George said originally sounded liek he just added it, spawned the mob and it worked, didn't say anything about reboot :P

Good to know, thank you

EqTitan
03-31-2010, 09:31 AM

proc_chance is set to 3

Further investigation revealed I didnt have the maps folder downloaded, after that was done Im now seeing spells atleast....

EqTitan
03-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Implementing spells now with no problem, so it wasnt your tools at all George, again great tools !!

problem fixed from this post for anyone elsae having this issue

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30517&highlight=line+sight