PDA

View Full Version : PoP compatible model viewer

Kaiyodo
09-21-2002, 10:23 AM
Just a small update to the model viewer, I finally got round to putting DDS texture support in there so it can cope with the newer models including the ones in gequip5.s3d (from the leaked PoP files).

I've also added an option to export the models to POV 3.5 format and included a MaxScript that can be used to import them into 3dsmax 4+. This script should also be able to import POV 3.5 files generated by Mitselplik's fantastic EQZoneConverter program. I've successfully loaded a couple of the new PoP zones into Max5 with that script, so it should work :)

Source to the new model viewer is on my website if you want it www.geocities.com/Kaiyodouk

Have fun.

K.

Kaiyodo
09-21-2002, 10:25 AM
And here's a render of a selection of PoP weapons from Max.

K.

DeletedUser
09-21-2002, 10:40 AM
Looks good Kaiyodo :)

Pneu
12-07-2002, 11:50 PM
I love this tool Kaiyodo it's great, thankyou for writing it.

I'd like to be able to export the existing models out into textured .3ds files, by using 3d Explorer (http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/dexp/index.htm) I can convert from .obj to .3ds but of course I don't have any textures.

Is it possible to export them to a format with textures so they can be edited?

I saw a glimmer of hope in your 3ds max import script but I cannot afford max :(

Pneumatic

Kaiyodo
12-08-2002, 04:01 AM
You might be able to use the POV files that the model viewer exports if you want to edit the models in a non-3DSMax application. They contain all the information that I managed to pull from the S3D files (geometry, texturing etc.), in fact it's those POV files that get imported by my maxscript. I've not really looked at POVRay much to be honest, but I know it's free and I know there's some sort of GUI available for it.

3DSMax is the only 3D package I know how to use with any degree of competence though, so making the viewer export other formats would be a bit painful :)

K.

ozmon2
12-08-2002, 09:57 AM
Great program! But I cant seem to get the GM Flag to work correctly on custom made items. What am i suppose to put in the GM box to make it summonable by a GM only? I looked at celestial sword and there is nothing in the GM box on it. And it is only summonable by a person with GM status. Please help if you can =)