PDA

View Full Version : Unknown spell effect 162 in Vie Series

TheDarkSentinel
05-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Hello All,

I'm having some odd problems with spell effect ID 162. The whole vie line and anything using this ID simply doesn't function. When you cast the spell it spits out the error above and notes the spell you cast plus it's ID. The spells do not seem to be working.

I'm pretty baffled by the problem. I've got the same spell file and I've used the spell importer to update the tables appropriately. I've checked the spdat.h and I can see 162 is defined as SE_MitigateMeleeDamage.

Totally lost. Can anyone offer a suggestion or help? I've been all over the forums and I cannot find anyone with a similar problem.

Possibly Relevant Info:
PEQDB: Rev1410
Server: Rev1488 (Compiled it myself on 5/16/2010)

Thanks,
Sentinel

Secrets
05-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Hello All,

I'm having some odd problems with spell effect ID 162. The whole vie line and anything using this ID simply doesn't function. When you cast the spell it spits out the error above and notes the spell you cast plus it's ID. The spells do not seem to be working.

I'm pretty baffled by the problem. I've got the same spell file and I've used the spell importer to update the tables appropriately. I've checked the spdat.h and I can see 162 is defined as SE_MitigateMeleeDamage.

Totally lost. Can anyone offer a suggestion or help? I've been all over the forums and I cannot find anyone with a similar problem.

Possibly Relevant Info:
PEQDB: Rev1410
Server: Rev1488 (Compiled it myself on 5/16/2010)

Thanks,
Sentinel

It simply means the spell effect is not implemented. We'd need more information on how it is supposed to work for us to implement it, as well as a person to code it. It's no issue of your server; it simply means that type of spell effect is not supported in code yet.

TheDarkSentinel
05-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Thank you! It's been driving me nuts. I thought for sure I had done something wrong.

Sentinel

RStefan01
06-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Just to describe how the spells work, using Aegis of Vie as an example, the effect is:

Mitigate Melee Damage by 10%, 2496 total

The spell would absorb 10% of incoming melee damage, up to a total of 2496. The buff would expire either when its duration ran out, or when it absorbed its damage limit (2496 in this case). Paladins (Guard of Righteousness line) and SK's (Soul Shield line) also have similar abilities that use the same functionality. I believe there is also a Bard song line that uses this, and an enchanter spell that works the same way but for spells instead of melee. It's been a while ;p