PDA

View Full Version : Item clicks while singing

RStefan01
06-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure if it's an issue with the titanium client, spell coding, or server database, and hopefully this is the appropriate place for this!

On live servers, I recall being able to click items while singing, but that doesn't seem to be the case on the server I play on. On live, I'd be able to have a four song melody running, and click Lute of the Flowing Waters (from Grioihin the Wise in Plane of Water). This would put up the Wind of Marr song, and I'd effectively be able to have five songs up at once.

There also seems to be an issue with clicking the Lute of the Flowing Waters. The effect Wind of Marr is instant cast, but it seems to still force you to wait three seconds before you are able to sing a normal song from your spell bar. You can however spam click the lute itself and cast Wind of Marr as often as you like, as long as you are not singing a song at the time.

I believe you could even cast items that had a cast time, but you had to do it between the start and end of cast bar on the song you're currently singing. I don't recall what happens for sure if they overlapped, but I believe it interrupted the melody.

I'm also fairly certain that you could click items while a single song was playing continuously (no cast bar), but that also doesn't appear to work. An example of this would be playing selos, and then trying to use a cloudy potion. This would allow you to become invisible with selos still playing, so the song wouldn't expire and force you to recast/reinvis.

Raspbuten
06-17-2010, 08:42 AM
I have also noticed some limitations on my server with the bard while using /melody.

In order to use AAs, (Fade, Bellow), you can't be singing at all, whether using /melody or having a single song continuously pulsing. On live you're able to do this no problem.

It seems a bit ridiculous to have to stop singing invis song just to hit fade (which breaks invis)

Also, there are some songs like Veshma's Lively Crescendo that have yet to be implemented as well as various AAs.

If we could get some more functionality, I feel bards would be better fit for most servers.