PDA

View Full Version : Importent

abarron
02-07-2002, 10:17 AM
Well I can see there is such thing as Eqemu.

I allso play alot of Asheron's Call.

Do you think you could make an ACemu?

Posibile? or Imposibile?

Kortalh
02-07-2002, 04:02 PM
It's most likely possable, but as great as it might be for AC players, I'd rather have them continue working on EQEmu rather than switching to other projects. =)

-Kortalh

Vipermmx
02-07-2002, 08:17 PM
I hope there never is such an honor for AC to have an Emu. That game is about as dull as they get. I remember playing that game and getting bored in the first 5secs. No real NPC walking around it was just like a dead world with random placed spawns. Not to mention they didnt have a pet class in that game. Bah!

DeletedUser
02-08-2002, 01:40 AM
Last I was aware AC is a randomly generated world, and the server sends the world information to the client (ground, trees, etc.) sounds like a mess....

Zeitgeist
02-08-2002, 04:08 AM
you guys have some weird ideas about ac =) i've been playing since a couple months after quitting eq (minus the 3 montsh i play ao hehehe). The world itself is stable and stored in portal.dat, changes to the world are downloaded through patches. Buildings and trees, landscape, whatever DO exist on the client. And there are TONS of NPCs, so I dunno what you're talking about. HOWEVER, the magic system is a bit odd and really cumbersome, the interface kinda blows, and everything is a bit slanted towards mages. Regardless I have fun cause I play with some fun people. Oh and the chat system really needs to be redone. Heheh...

abarron
02-08-2002, 05:18 AM
Ya cant tell me AC sucks because i was playing EQ....Quick and start playing AC for about 8 months....quit that went back to EQ for about 6 months and im kinda playing both now :D

When ever 1 gets boreing i just play the other.

makeing AC zones and dungeons sounds alot easyer then makeing them in EQ.

for 1 like every month the whole freaking world change's and about 30 new things are added ;P

truse me..try as for 1 WEEK and you just might get hooked!

Who know's maybe god willing..some day there just might be an
ACemu.

ya never know :cool:

Drawde
02-11-2002, 05:15 AM
There is an AC emulator at http://asheronscall.ath.cx
However the currently available version is very limited (just a world explorer) and only works with an older version of AC.

Shawn319
02-11-2002, 06:14 AM
If more than 1000 people play it there will be a emu for it :)

Yodason
02-11-2002, 08:40 AM
I personally wouldnt help with it....

Rico
02-14-2002, 10:56 AM
I played AC for a long time, I think the game is unbalanced. You can't survive without a caster. Let alone, without magic. I praise the gods I gave my Bowman Item magic. If it weren't for Blood Drink(Or something Blood ;) ) My bow would of been crap. The whole idea of a Patron is riddiculous. I got stuck with a lvl 20 patron who gave me 1 M note in 5 months. My cousin got a lvl 89 patron who gave him the Shiznit and dumping his extra shards on him. Definatley, unbalanced =/

Shawn319
02-14-2002, 01:59 PM
I played an axe guy for 50 levels (didnt get life untill 45 either) and i had no creature magic..

i soloed just fine.