PDA

View Full Version : Beep driving me insane

enigma78
09-23-2002, 09:49 AM
This may have been asked before, but I have search high and low through the forums and cannot find an answer. Maybe I am using the wrong search words, and if that is the case I am sorry for bringing up something that has been answered before. But I must know, I am sourcing the recent update, and I need to know how to stop that annoying system beep, can I turn it off forever, make it go awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay awehslfojslfijself!!! lol Please, if someone can help me, I would be forever in their debt :)

Trumpcard
09-23-2002, 10:22 AM
mysql -f BLAH..

That should do it..

enigma78
09-23-2002, 10:45 AM
I don't understand that.
To source my db's I run mysql.exe
use eq
source db.sql

I have tried using -f variable but it will not accept it. Is there some way I can source the database from the command line using that variable you gave me?

enigma78
09-23-2002, 10:50 AM
nm I had a blonde moment, figured it out..thanks :)

kunta
09-23-2002, 02:43 PM
turn the knob on your speakers that says volume counterclockwise

stormgod
09-24-2002, 02:00 AM
turn the knob on your speakers that says volume counterclockwise

actually its the PC speaker so try to find this tiny little knob :P

DeletedUser
09-24-2002, 02:28 AM
beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...b eep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...be ep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...bee p...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep ...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep. ..beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep.. .beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep... beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...b eep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...be ep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...bee p...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep ...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep. ..beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep.. .beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep... beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...b eep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...be ep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...bee p...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep ...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep. ..beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep.. .beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep... beep...beep...

World server use to do that when you created a character, took me a while to figure out where the hell it was :)

kunta
09-24-2002, 04:15 AM
actually its the PC speaker so try to find this tiny little knob :P

OH, well thats easy too, unplug it, the pc speaker is usless...

Sweeper
09-24-2002, 04:31 AM
hey respect the pc speaker =) you gotta luv the sound when you finished unzipping somehting with winace =)

Bardboy
09-24-2002, 07:32 AM
I like to hear a "P.O.S.T." beep from my computer as it boots. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

stormgod
09-25-2002, 01:08 AM
yup its good to know your comp is in good shape with the boot beep, so no its not useless plus it tells you what is not functionning if boot is not correct (three beeps for video card for exemple ... )

Sweeper
09-25-2002, 01:58 AM
three fast ones and one long = CPU overheated, been having that alot lately =)