PDA

View Full Version : Error While importing db r1496 1316BOTS

Garaborn
06-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi George,
New to this community.
I have been working on creating my own personal server last few days and after some fun head bashing I got pretty close.
I used your personallogin and it worked well thanks.
My problem according to my debug logs is the items wouldnt load.
I thought I would just try your database.
georges_db_r1496_1316BOTS_.rar

I am having a problem loading it. (not a mysql user).
I tried first creating a Database and importing your .sql file into it using heidisql but it failed on some syntax about a form of some sort in the code about 5% in.
I saw another post in this forum back in march that you used mysql gui 5.0 to backup and that may be required to restore (the link didnt work btw).

I went to mysql site and downloaded mysql-gui-tools-5.0-r17-win32.msi
Unfortunately, that did not recognize your file though as a backup. I tried anyways but there were two many errors.

So my question is. I am willing to try your thing from scratch.

What version of SQL should I use? I have mysql-essential-5.0.85-win32.
I installed it using recommendations from Redoggut's post with these settings...

•Choose Detailed Configuration, Click Next
•Choose Server Machine, Click Next
•Choose Multifunctional Database, Click Next
•Click next again for InnoDB Tablespace Settings
•Choose Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), Click Next
•Check Enable TCP/IP Networking making sure the port Number is 3306, Un-Check enable Strict Mode, Click Next
•Choose Best Support for Multilingualism, Click Next
•Check for both Install As Windows Service (Service name should be MySQL), and for Include Bin Directory in Windows PATH, Click Next
•Now enter your New Root Password, Confirm, and do not check for remote machine Access. Don?t select Create An Anonymous Account. Click Next
•Now click on Execute and wait for it to finish. Once it is done, click Finish.

Should I do it any differently to install it?

Thank you for your time, I appreciate your work.

GeorgeS
06-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Ok I reuploaded the entire pack again, but this time using ansi sql, so it will definitely work as I just tried it.

Here's how to source the database
(0) Extract the RAR to a folder - say on desktop called eqemu
(1) Find your mysql user and password (mine was eq/eq) when you set up mysql
(2) in your new folder called eqemu, edit the LOAD.BAT, and enter your mysql credentials (mine is eq/eq)
-u is the user name, and -p is the password. Save the file
(3) Execute load.bat. This opens a DOS like mysql box and sources the database. It takes a while (~10mins). Wait till the box disappears.
(4) Your new database is now called "peq_1496" and you can now enter your mysql credentials at the bottom of the file:eqemu_config.xml file
i.e replace eq/eq with your info - see the example below. Save the file

<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>peq_1496</db>
</database>

(5) run START.BAT to begin loading the minilogin server. Hopefully it works and loads correctly.

This is for loading the server. For starting the game, I presume you know the next steps. When you start the client, everquest asks for a user name. I used the same login eq/eq just to make it simple. There it will load in my characters..

Let me know if you have problems sourcing now

Garaborn
07-01-2010, 03:55 AM
Thanks George.
I decided to build a new server to house it.
I installed sql and perl and .net 2.0 framework.
Your load batch file seemed to work taking the 10 minutes as you said.
I couldnt see how to use the minilogin. I tried attaching privatelogin as I think that may be better for internet access which I want in the end for my friends to get in.
Do you have any extra tips on how I can switch this login to privatelogin from mini? If not do you have the syntax to create a new user account for the minilogin. BTW you included some user accounts in your dump so I purged them from the accounts folder.

I noticed some errors when I launched world but I am wondering if I need to straighten out the login first.

If I cant get this working I will likely switch over to the axclassic install pack 2. I did manage to get that working.

Thanks again for your time and tips.

Garaborn
07-01-2010, 04:08 AM
Update: WHen launching world get an early mime error.
[07.01. - 12:42:58] [WORLD__HTTP_ERR] Failed to load mime types from 'mime.types'

Garaborn
07-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Woot! Got it working and with privatelogin.exe as well.
I ran the import from inside sql command shell again and that seemed to work.
Thank you for your help!

Malnical
07-02-2010, 07:31 PM
How did you resolve the "[WORLD__HTTP_ERR] Failed to load mime types from 'mime.types'" error?

also I can't seem to get bots to work, when i try and create a bot it tells me that name is already used no matter what name i use, any ideas?

Garaborn
07-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I changed directory to where I extracted Georges backup (C:\eqemu\
Ran the sql mysql -u root -p (i never changed the default account).
after entering my password, typed
source (name of backup database.sql)
it ran and then seemed to clear up that error.
Now George may be the first to tell me I just did what he set in his load.txt file so perhaps it was just re-importing it at all that made the difference. Im still new to this.

Garaborn
07-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Oh and on your other question re bots. I haven't tried them yet but I did notice that Georges database has data in the account tables. You may wish to search the mysql delete settings to purge any accounts. Also find the character_ table. I needed to purge a characters name from their as well after deleting my accounts before I could name my toon back to what I wanted.
But again I havent tried the bots thing. There may be a different table for their names?