PDA

View Full Version : Need help with emu

Grosbaloo
02-07-2002, 10:37 AM
I have read and done everything the windows install manuals says to do to make the emu work.Then I start world and boot5zones and it all says its connected and no errors happen, then I try to start eqw and the window pops up but after like 5seconds of loading, it then stops and never loads anything in the window, it keeps showing whatever is in the background...

anyone knows what I need to do? and also when I tried to change my status to 200 in mysql it keeps giving me an error and I can't change my status or anything in mysql:(

I would appreciate any help someone could give me about this because I really want to use the emu and all my friends have it and it works just fine:(

Baltar
02-07-2002, 11:06 AM
what stage is it freezing at? Are you logining into the mini login fine? Can you create a character? Can you enter world?

Baltar

Grosbaloo
02-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Cannot do anything, I can start the minilogin and the world and boot5zones just fine and they all connect but when I start eqw.exe the window in which the game should start comes up and my comp loads for a few secs, then stops loading and nothing happens afterwards so I have to close the eqw by clicking the X in the corner, cant do anything else in it, can't do a char, can't connect to a server I can't even reach the login. Never seen how it's suposed to work but if it starts just like normal EQ well I never reach the time when it shows Verant and some other thing, nothing ever shows in the window...

Not sure if this is gonna help you find whats wrong with my emu but thx for trying:)

madborg
02-07-2002, 06:54 PM
[this thread should be moved to win32 support]

first you need to eliminate one variable -- the client.

Shutdown the server on your side and just go through you client checklist. You will be connecting to the loginserver at gotfrags:

-save a copy of eqhost.txt and change it to point to the gotfrags
login server (see the client installation guide in the sticky section)

[here is the guide]
http://eqemu.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8

-also create an account on gotfrags (info is in the client installation guide)

-make sure you are in 16-bit display mode

-make sure you are using eqw 2.2 or if you are using full screen then type "eqgame.exe patchme".

from eqw to "connect" is all under client control.
From "connect", login with the gotfrags account name and password

next screen should be the server list; select a server (such as gotfrags) and create a char, then enter.

If everything works fine, then you know your client is working fine and that you have an account on the login server. The rest becomes fairly easy to handle.

Grosbaloo
02-08-2002, 11:38 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! it's working it's working!!!

hehe this is really cool!!

Thx again!!

Shawn319
02-09-2002, 07:02 AM
[this thread should be moved to win32 support]

Moved :)