PDA

View Full Version : possible something to move to main Q&A

ninthguardian
08-18-2010, 06:54 AM
I've just started on this adventure after playing on Shards of Dalaya for a couple months. Now I assume one can play on other EQemu servers and host their own private server on the same computer. My question from all the reading I have done so far is: Is that in fact true and does having other EQemu like files such as Shards of Dalaya pose any known risks given its all drawning and possibly affecting the same Everquest program?

Now I plan on getting on a EQemu public server hopefully here soon, but it will be weeks I'm sad to say before I could realistically create my own server. My over all goal is to run my own server once my slow learning process permits and with the aid of a couple friends beat the snot out of every available expansion.

In addition, it never was very clear what immediate limitations there is in making a private server. Such as what loot if any is on mobs. Does one have to manually populate a server? I understand I have a lot more reading and experimentation to do, but a little more heads up would make me more productive, from overcoming foolish fear of the unknown, as I am sure it would others.

ninthguardian
08-19-2010, 10:13 PM
So far: I have confirmed that one cannot play EQemu and Dayala without copying a clean install of EQ/sony folder and directing the two separately.
I doubt I'll be making any guides, but once me and bro get a server going I'll be happy to address any misconcepts and confusions I had/have.