PDA

View Full Version : Two level 7 druid scrolls won't work

Mooshoo Pork
08-28-2010, 01:23 AM
I am new to the game of Everquest entirely as of about 3 weeks ago, and have never played it before. I have played some other online games, and wanted to say this game is great! Hard as hell sometimes, but fun cause it is so hard (well at least on the Classic 1999 server).

Wanted to report a bug/glitch/falsehood involved in 2 of my druid spells. First thing, Classic 1999 server has got to bo the exact opposite of any kind of monty haul/giveaway. You gain something on there, you have paid in hard hours of gaming for it. At least thats my experience with up to only having a lvl 7 druid so far. Which is why I find this problem so amazingly excruciating.

I wanted to increase my killing power so I was looking at 2 level 7 druid spells, and wrote them both down, Thistlecoat and Shield of Thistles. I have looked at them a hundred times it seems scratching my head as to why I can't scribe them. Both clearly say "DRU lvl 7". However when I go to scribe them, both have done the same thing, it shows the regular start of trying to scribe, and indicates so in the chat window. But it hesitates for about 2 seconds, and both spells issue a red writing stating I cannot scribe them until I am level 9. To top that off, the screen glitches and I am unable to put the scroll back into my inventory, or click on any NPC's or even doors to get out of the building I am in. Only way I was able to fix that was to relog with scroll in hand, not knowing if when I logged back in if it would be still in my hand or on the floor, or gone altogether. Luckily both times after relog, the scroll was in my hand, and I was able to open my inventory and put the precious 5+ plat (albeit unusable for my lvl 7 druid) scroll back into it.

Keep in mind how hard money is to come by on the 1999 server, and each of these 2 scrolls cost me 5.3 platinum totalling almost 11 plat I could have used for equipment or something else (for now this has been a complete waste of my money as I can't use them at lvl 7 which it clearly states I should be able to in writing on the scroll). When I exclaimed about the problem in game on the /ooc general shout/chat, I was informed by someone that yes there is a discrepancy on some of the scrolls, and that I should have looked in the forums or the wiki or something before I went and purchased any scrolls. I would expect that there is no rule regarding this, and I think it would be rather assinine to put this problem off as my fault for not reading every scrap of information in the forums or elsewhere about the game scrolls. In my opinion, what the scroll says in game should be what applies. Please fix this for future players, and to save others a bit of grief.

ChaosSlayerZ
08-28-2010, 11:59 AM
1. the likely problem is difference between spell level listed server side and in clients spell file - its possible your spell file is out of date with the server

2. you need to post this problem at P99 forums, not here, as we do not deal with individual server issues - in other words- this is P99 very own headache, not ours =P

Mooshoo Pork
08-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Many thanks for a quick reply, and I will go see these P99 forums.