PDA

View Full Version : 55 auras

xxGriff
08-31-2010, 12:15 AM
receiving

unknown spell effect 351 in spell Myrmidon's Aura (id 8921)

is there a script for this quest? i have some tools to begin writing, but having some issues with GerogeS quest tool...it shuts down. i registered the ocx et al.

what i would like to know is where to begin on the above noted error message.

ChaosSlayerZ
08-31-2010, 01:02 AM
quest scripting and George tools have no relation to this what so ever.
the effect need to coded into source code.
Expert C++ knowledge is required

xxGriff
08-31-2010, 11:46 AM
[quote=ChaosSlayerZ;191336]quest scripting and George tools have no relation to this what so ever.

:rolleyes:

Caryatis
08-31-2010, 12:16 PM
If you cant even quote properly then this may not be feasible lol but auras are pretty easy to script in with perl with the new spell scripts(do some reading).

xxGriff
08-31-2010, 12:33 PM
you assume too much.

hows this then:

Caryatis
Sarnak

If you cant even quote properly then this may not be feasible lol but auras are pretty easy to script in with perl with the new spell scripts(do some reading).

ChaosSlayerZ

quest scripting and George tools have no relation to this what so ever.
Expert C++ knowledge is required

so i think the only homogonous skill being the ability to toss a barb. i clicked the quote button, damn.

so there is either a way for me to use GeorgeS quest editing tool to script the NPC in Tak for the 55 war aura -Chalice of life, or there is no relevance and i must be in possesion of "Expert C++ knowledge..." which i am guessing is not a trait inherited in my fire beetle-caste :rolleyes:

my bad for not fully articulating the full complexity of what i wanted to know.

Caryatis
08-31-2010, 04:45 PM
lol, its no skin off my ass how little effort you put into your posts bro(although the fact you went out of your way to prove you could properly do something my 4 year old neice can do is awesome lol). The idea being though, if you would like to get your issue solved, its usually a good idea to fully articulate your side so that people can help you properly.

I see three problems...

1.) The actual quest - this you would use georges tool to make(if you are retarded), this refers to Hailing some dude to get the quest to get the scroll/tome for the aura. It has no relation what so ever to the unknown spell effect or auras themselves. It is like any other quest in the game, there is a shit load of info about this and if you can't figure out the quest tool(ie its crashing), there is a whole sub forum on Georges stuff.

2.) The unknown spell effect - this requires C++ knowledge to fix(and what Chaos was talking about). If you wanted to make auras function 100% then you would need to do a shit load of work, not only C++ coding but also figure out the opcodes and shit for the aura window.

3.) Me - If you just want auras to work in a hackish way, which is pulse an effect on nearby allies or mobs, this can be accomplished easily using the perl spell coding. Of course they won't go to the aura window, but making them work 95% of the way they do on live is quite easy with perl.