PDA

View Full Version : Major Problem

Lord Kinboat
09-26-2002, 08:22 AM
After I have been playing at level 60 for a little while, my health starts dropping by itself, then it says you have died from pain and suffering. Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone help me stop this?

rykuparydise
09-26-2002, 12:29 PM
I'm having the same problem :\
no clue what it is either :(

Arcalyn
09-26-2002, 03:24 PM
if you really wanna find out take a look at the source code, if it happens to me, I'm gonna but not til then

if you experience something in the game it -<( IS )>- coded in the emulator's source files, just find it

Lord Kinboat
09-27-2002, 06:54 AM
The only problem with that is I dont even know what to look for.

Symarra
09-27-2002, 08:47 AM
look for Pain and Suffering......

that doesn't sound right though do it?

Hardy
09-27-2002, 02:05 PM
It is a bit hard to try and find something in the source files if you have no knowledge of a programming language....

OverlordvI
10-11-2002, 06:40 PM
happens to me also - it seems to happen when I get above 8K HP using stacking bugs (i.e., two aegolisms) - and when I have mad regeneration. Perhaps the regen is wrapping around?

Minuss
10-12-2002, 08:41 AM
Life is going down because you have 2 lore items on you... delete all your stuff and make it again, be carefull with lore items...

kathgar
10-13-2002, 02:17 AM
If the client thinks you have lore itesm or such, items on you shoudlnt' be able to use.. etc.. it starts to kill you.. simple as that

pms
10-18-2002, 06:09 AM
Seems like this happens if I die with 2 of the same lore items on me. Zoning doesn't seem to trigger it. Unfortunatly, the 2nd item goes poof and there doesn't seem to be away to get rid of the effect. Destroying the item that is left didn't seem to help. Anyone had luck besides just deleting the character ?

Lurker_005
10-18-2002, 06:52 AM
Get rid of the duplicate, and camp out. Then check it

quester
11-01-2002, 07:31 AM
Maybe this would be a good change:

Only allow GM flagged characters to create duplicate lore items (Only a GM flagged charafter really has a reason to).

If a GM flagged character creates duplicate lore items, WARN them that if they zone or die, they will be in trouble.

This is a non-issue for real GMs, because they use a different client without this code in effect. It is known as radiation. Guide and GM only items are also flagged as Radiated and if a regular player should come into possesion of them, the same thing happens.

I agree, its a small issue.. but its an issue few know about, and i've seen and talked to lots already that have been killed by it and had no clue what was going on.

If people think this is a good idea, i'll make the change while I am doing the pet stuff.

Avila
11-02-2002, 06:41 AM
I have GM items and it doesnt do anything to me.