PDA

View Full Version : Bot Cleric Heals

zaljo01
09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I have noticed that several servers that are using bots have new bot cleric heal commands such as #bot healme with their bots.
I have created my own server successfully with update 1666, however I not seeing any new cleric heal commands

Is there a way to add these bot cleric heals to my bots or is there something I am missing?

Would appreciate any help.

Cheers

louis1016
09-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately it looks like nobody has yet to update the bots in the real eqemu server code, so those of us who dont code our own custom codes currently have to use the vanilla bot system with bare minimal bot commands and horrible bot AI (clerics let you die, enchanters wont mez when you command them to, wizards keep buffing themselves instead of casting the gate spell you command them to, etc.)

The only way around this is to learn the c++ code yourself and recode the emulator to have the bots act how you want, or you can use the axclassic setup rather then the peq setup which actually has an updated bot system with all the commands you could ask for and proper bot functioning

Rykeau
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM
The only way around this is to learn the c++ code yourself and recode the emulator to have the bots act how you want, or you can use the axclassic setup rather then the peq setup which actually has an updated bot system with all the commands you could ask for and proper bot functioning

Does anybody know if there is an "easy" way to integrate the axclassic bot schema into an existing PEQ setup?

lich2594
10-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Does anybody know if there is an "easy" way to integrate the axclassic bot schema into an existing PEQ setup?

Simple answer, no there is not. Just wondering; if you like their code better... why not use it instead all together?

There are a lot of features in the current EQEmu bot code that most people don't know about, such as the bots will auto-mezz if you add the correct spells to the spells list.

Also, if you want your cleric to heal, instead of attacking, just use the command #bot group guard (this only works if you have one bot in your group of course). <- I have submitted a custom command to WildCardX that will allow you to target a single bot to guard, but I am not sure what he's doing with the bot code as of yet. Maybe we will know soonish. :D

Rykeau
10-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I really am happy overall with the PEQ setup I currently run and honestly don't want to reinvent my environment. I was simply looking at adding functionality to the bots.

In a nutshell I believe all I need to do is get a real understanding of the NPC_SPELLS and NPC_SPELLS_ENTRIES tables and how they work together with the spell files and bots.

I read your other post about auto-mez but couldn't quite understand what I was supposed to modify to make it work. I'm a noob and know it :-D

lich2594
10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
You need to add in the spell Euphoria, into the Enchanter's Bot spells list (in the 700+ spell sets). The auto-mezz doesn't work flawlessly, but it does work up to lvl 70. (It doesn't work on our server past 70, and we have a current level limit of lvl 90.)

Brewhaus
10-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Just a note that you can kinda make single bots in a group guard, they just have to be out of LOS from what you are attacking. So you can make the whole group guard, then summon the dps bots to within line of sight and issue a group attack.

WildcardX
10-01-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't understand how so many people things the bots system doesn't "guard" or heal or mez. I guess the problem must be there isn't enough non-technical documentation or people don't read the bot commands and try them out to see what they do? Or people's configurations just aren't right? Sure, the bot system has some issues like integration into the raid system and even raid ai and yes they need to be worked on more to support a post-level 70 world.

let me be clear regarding the bot ai. The bot system ai is designed as is with only a group experience in mind. If you are frustrated about taking the bot system on a raid, well you can say that is by design then lol. if you are frustrated with bots above level 65, then, again, you can be by design. And if your really mad about bot healing, the current bot ai will choose to heal the group tank OVER any dps by design. So consider this situation. You and your bot group decide you want to take down "LocalBadAss001" cause he spawned and you want to drop him. Ok, so you pull him and tell the bots to engage. Say the fight is going well and for some reason maybe your tank didn't lose a lot of hitpoints fast so the cleric bot, having full mana, decides there isn't anyone to heal and since its AI is designed for XP group situations, he/she/it/whatever decides to cast a cleric nuke. Now we all know cleric nukes take a while to cast.. Unfortunately, as the cleric is casting that nuke, "LocalBadAss001" has some better DPS and begins to putting down your bot tank or even one of the dps bots. Guess what happens next? Thats right, you jump on the forum and post a message about how much bots suck lol

Ok so I guess my point is, please check your expectations.

Also, I have decided to move ahead with the next version of bots. This version will take bots as they are and add the raid integration and the missing raid ai and I'm going to improve bot stats to be more "client" like and I want to fix the issues that exist for bots > level 65.

lerxst2112
10-01-2010, 11:32 PM
I think the cleric bots aren't that bad, but they do often favor heal over time versus a direct heal, and often run themselves out of mana by casting another hot early.

WildcardX
10-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Okay so now that the SoD client is getting supported, it seems now is the time to implement the merc system as the SoD client implements it anyway. Instead of doing a Bot 2.0 upgrade, I am going to rewrite the system again as I believe it is best for the code base in general if mercs are implemented and then bots inherit their functionality from mercs. So yes we will support mercs as consistent with eq live (I still maintain Sony stole the idea of mercs from this community...) and there will still be a bot system, but that bot system will be an optional system, as it is today and it will be built on top of mercs, instead of mercs built on top of bots and then dummied down some.

In a lot of ways, merc logic is very similar to bot logic as it is really a group only ai system.

Longdarkhair
10-03-2010, 02:49 AM
Okay so now that the SoD client is getting supported, it seems now is the time to implement the merc system as the SoD client implements it anyway. Instead of doing a Bot 2.0 upgrade, I am going to rewrite the system again as I believe it is best for the code base in general if mercs are implemented and then bots inherit their functionality from mercs. So yes we will support mercs as consistent with eq live (I still maintain Sony stole the idea of mercs from this community...) and there will still be a bot system, but that bot system will be an optional system, as it is today and it will be built on top of mercs, instead of mercs built on top of bots and then dummied down some.

In a lot of ways, merc logic is very similar to bot logic as it is really a group only ai system.
That sounds great WildcardX, can't wait to see the new Mercs and bots! =)

louis1016
10-05-2010, 10:55 PM
That sounds awesome, wildcardx, are the changes in the new source? I see all the changelogs mention adding mercs but are the regular bots updated with their functionality yet or is that still coming?

lich2594
10-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Guess what happens next? Thats right, you jump on the forum and post a message about how much bots suck lol

I love this. ;)