PDA

View Full Version : Getting doors/elevators/lifts into the emu

steve
09-28-2002, 06:14 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to log doors/lifts while on live and get them into the emu.

I imagine that you must use ShowEQ for this purpose. However, I am not sure about how to do this. the spawnlog.txt only has NPCs in it. Once I get ShowEQ to log the information, which I have yet to do, how do I go about getting it into the emu?

Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Trumpcard
09-28-2002, 11:18 PM
Alot of doors are already in the emu, they had a specific door collector program they ran to collect them. If you look in the database, you can find the data for the existing ones...

Can't remember who wrote/owns D.C though, you could probably get it from showeq from logging all packet data, not just spawn data...

steve
09-29-2002, 12:54 PM
What door collector program? Where can I get this?

astemus
09-29-2002, 07:27 PM
Would be cool if they could get triggers and lifts to work... anyone know if there are any lifts operational? I haven't run across any.

leginyah
09-30-2002, 03:20 AM
When I populated Shar Vahl I used the info supplied with the Ethernalquest Emulator. It seems that they have included a lot of data in one of the folders inside it regarding spawns doors etc. I used Eqadmin tool to add them however what you need to realise before you go plugging in all the coords is that EQadmin Tool has the coords backwards so reading the data collected by the Ethernalquest bunch reads x y z. You then have to put it in as y x z oh and the z coords are in the format of not having a decimal place so you need to work that out also ie Shar Vahl the z coord could be 1637 so you would enter in 163.7
Hope this helps you with what you are trying to achieve. I tried Putting in forges but they didnt show up right and I have not even attempted lifts.

steve
10-02-2002, 09:18 AM
Ok, so I need to use the Hackersquest tool to collect doors/lifts and then use that data to manually enter each of them into a zone?

*blinks*

Is there any other way? Any dev wish to comment on this, please?

devn00b
10-02-2002, 10:57 AM
Doors work. (if there is data for them)

Lifts do not.

Teleports do not.

Join irc chat somone /said/ they where workin on lifts. goes by the name of Dae.

weather or not he will get them working or they will be included in the emu is another story

steve
10-03-2002, 03:49 PM
Doors work. (if there is data for them)

Lifts do not.

Teleports do not.

Join irc chat somone /said/ they where workin on lifts. goes by the name of Dae.

weather or not he will get them working or they will be included in the emu is another story

I'm aware of this. My original question was, how do I get the data for the doors into the EMU? There any many zones with missing doors/lifts. Right now I don't care about lifts not working. Lifts are in gfay, they just don't work.

However, doors do work once in, it's just a matter of getting them in, is the problem. How can I collect and add doors to zones?

Shawn319
10-03-2002, 08:47 PM
Ask Daeken if you ever see him, he knows lots about that.. JK

sorry old inside joke heheh.

Trumpcard
10-04-2002, 12:34 AM
He sent me the code the other day he claims is working... I havent gotten around to compiling it yet to see if it does in fact, but I'll let you know..

LOL

Lurker_005
10-04-2002, 10:52 AM
I looked at the lift code he had, looked hacked for Gfay lifts only. granted if they move, it's a step in the right direction...