PDA

View Full Version : Confused about dbs

Arkaiden
09-29-2002, 01:43 AM
Well, can anybody please release a db for 0.3.8 in one file? Or someone who can tell me what to source first, second ...

Would be nice to have single spawns not 20 or so ...

Arkaiden

Lurker_005
09-29-2002, 03:20 AM
From the DB Addon readme (3.6 DB Addon works just fine with 3.8) just use DB.sql from 3.8 instead

:; readme

:; 1. Source DB.SQL from 3.6 Release (if already done skip)
:; 2. Run install.bat (wait till its complete)
:; 3. Continue waiting some more....
:; 4. Start up EQEMu
:; 5. Get on server and test

Why do people get so confused when they see more than 1 file, the readme clearly says what to do?

Arkaiden
09-29-2002, 05:27 AM
i did that ...

but i still get multiple spawns and no loot in temple of veeshan...

Arkaiden

Nira
09-29-2002, 07:10 AM
The DB isnt perfect...it is a know fact that you get multiple spawns.

As for loot...there probably isnt a loot table for whatever mobs you are killing.

leginyah
09-30-2002, 03:31 AM
OK first of all Id like to thank Lurker and khuong for all the hard work put into that DB they released. Second i dont know how they sourced in the info and it must have taken a bloody long time to do it. I myself manually entered in every single spawn and merchant with correct loot tables etc plus a ton of spawns in the pit in my Shar Vahl release I missed out a grand total of about 4 npc's out of something like 400 -500. This took me nearly a month and a half to do manually for one friggin zone. So all Im gonna say is appreciate that its there and lurker and Khuong did this and if multiple spawns frustrate you dont forget there is always the #kill command or you could also just edit the DB yourself zone by zone using EQAdmin Tool or manually edit the sql file.
Either that or just run the bog standard DB.sql that comes with the release but you wont have any npcs unless you use the #spawn command.

KornusM
10-02-2002, 06:20 PM
Doest it matter where I unzip the files too? I am assuming it needs to go into the EQEMU dir? For some reason I my EQEMU ADMIN tool locks up after I run the install.

Thanks