PDA

View Full Version : Magelo profile converter

Kaiyodo
09-29-2002, 03:21 AM
I've just uploaded the first version of my Magelo profile converter to http://www.geocities.com/kaiyodouk/ . It grabs all of the items from a profile and applies them to one of your EQEmu characters. It's very important that the items in the profile exist in your database! You won't have a lot of luck with it if you have an under populated item database.

Hopefully it should save you having to #summon all of your items by hand when you get a new DB. You can either store your own profile in Magelo, or steal someone else's like I did :D

I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. There's a readme in the zip to tell you how to use it but it should be pretty self-explanatory.

K.

Wiz
09-29-2002, 06:27 AM
Nice little thing. :)

Now we just need a EQemu magelo for our custom items. :p

Anil-Galdur
09-29-2002, 06:51 AM
This looks really cool but where can I get magelo profiles from as the website doesnt post em.

devn00b
09-29-2002, 07:10 AM
easy..pick an uberguild...goto there website..most will have a guild member list liked to profiles...pick the uberest say rogue of the uberest guild..

Lurker_005
09-29-2002, 09:38 AM
Heh! that's pretty sweet Kaiyodo! Nice job.

Baron Sprite
09-29-2002, 12:55 PM
Cool ;)

Soupism
10-11-2002, 10:48 PM
This question might be unfounded and probably making me look like I smoke crack....

But as I am just learning about EqEmu, which I must say is very cool, a lot of references are bewildering and confusing. I'm not going to ask for a "dictionary" however.

What my question is...

Is do you need to construct a database and/or have someone #summon items for you if you are joining an already established server.

Like, say I go to my EQLive's top guild, select their MT and look at their profile and use the magelo number with this pretty little gem of a converter. Should it just do a straight swap as long as the items are in the server's database?

EDITx2- Ok, I'm just flat out lost on what to type.
Host = (Hi I didn't
Database name = Realize that this was the
User name= Same fields to be
Password = Duplicated nm)

Username being my login name to use to login to EqEMU yes? Database name would be name of the character I made and the target of the magelo switch? And host is?

Kaiyodo
10-12-2002, 01:28 AM
Soupism,

You won't be able to use this program unless you're running the server on your machine. That login information it's looking for is the MySQL database login information so it can search the database for items.

The only way to get a magelo profile onto your character on an established server is to get the server admin to run the program and assign the items to your character. Sorry :(

K.

Kaiyodo
10-12-2002, 01:46 AM
There seems to be a few problems with the Magelo converter at the moment too, I can't get the magelo server to give me my data in the right format. I'll look into it.

K.

DeletedUser
10-18-2002, 03:18 AM
was about to say, its not working too well lol. :o

DeletedUser
10-21-2002, 01:43 PM
:confused: where you ate kaiyodo, i really wanna get this program to work.

Kaiyodo
10-26-2002, 05:42 AM
I've managed to get it working again now, unfortunately I don't have a working copy of the Emu to test it on. I think the player_struct has changed size since I got the code last anyway.

Once a new version of the Emu is released I'll fix it up, I've solved the network problems which was the hard part.

K.

DeletedUser
10-26-2002, 10:49 AM
wuvu:p

DeletedUser
10-27-2002, 11:01 AM
tried it with the newest release and when I get to character select screen the world server says:

Got bogus character (name) deleting..

this was after applying the items.

I believe the character code was changed in eqemu.. that might be why.

Kaiyodo
10-27-2002, 11:04 AM
Just updated it this second to work with 0.3.11 :)

www.geocities.com/Kaiyodouk

K.

hypershadow66
08-04-2004, 09:51 AM
The website isnt working...

Cisyouc
08-04-2004, 09:59 AM
The website isnt working...
The last post to this thread was on...
10-27-2002 05:04 PM
No, I wouldn't be suprised if the links weren't working lol.

govtcheeze
08-04-2004, 10:30 AM
If you run a server, check out the magelo link in my .sig. Its a magelo for eqemu, which pulls the data right from the mysql DB.