PDA

View Full Version : Bug and Feature (Request/Question)

steihl
09-29-2002, 12:53 PM
Ok. Don't know if this is a dev bug. But the roaming thing that has a different name: 'amid the' was one of the names I saw, that just comes out of nowhere, and kills you, and continues to kill you, no matter what you do...does ANYONE know what this is? Why it attacks? How to stop it? GM Status, and #invul don't do anything. It still kills you. Also, since PoP is out, anyone found a way to unlock it? Are the AA's for it functional? Just a question. ^^
--adding:
Pretty sure this is related to AA points. Also, seems that waiting it out an hour or two corrects the problems with the insta death thing.

--steihl

DeletedUser
09-30-2002, 02:04 AM
I think someones toying with you :)

steihl
09-30-2002, 08:40 AM
Be kind of hard on #invul on and #gm on on my own server. Its' definitely something in the eq source. It might also deal with equipping duplicate lore items as I've noticed.

Kolo
09-30-2002, 11:41 AM
It may be the fact that the emulator shows all the "hidden" characters. These are invisible, usually 60+ characters that roam the worlds of norrath spouting things like "the air seems cold here". They act as regular mobs when you attack another one near it, it will attack.

T7g
09-30-2002, 12:53 PM
PoP AA menus are in the client, heres how to access them.

Create a char, level it to 60 or whatnot.
Execute #setaapts 500
Relog
When you log back in you should see two new tabs in the AA advancement window. PoP something and PoP something else.

Pretty interesting reads.

Also on live today someone I knew had a PoP skill in his arch list, no idea why.