PDA

View Full Version : Merchant disconnections/crashes with 3.9

Drawde
10-05-2002, 06:49 AM
Firstly, good work with all the additions and improvements in 3.9, sorry to have to report
another bug/problem!
However I've found that though merchants are fixed in 3.9 in one way - their item lists will always appear
when you click on them - they will, however, now cause the zone server to crash, returning you to the character select screen,
about 2-3 seconds after the list comes up. Occasionally this doesn't happen, and you can buy/sell things normally, however
75% of the time it will disconnect you. This is unrelated to which merchant you're interacting with, it might work once then
crash the next time you click on the same merchant.
The zone crash appears to be the same as the one caused by a merchant list containing an invalid (not in the
DB) item ID - i.e the zoneserver shuts down and its window is closed. However this doesn't appear to be the cause
of the problem, all the items in the list are valid and as I've said, it works without crashing 25% or so of the time.
Anyone else having this problem?

Also, the loot problem (i.e the first item in the list is always dropped, with a 100% chance) still seems to be present.
This may be a DB problem but I can't see why since the loot DB structure has not changed for some time and it definitely
worked OK with previous versions. I've made only very minor changes to my DB loot tables recently, so it's unlikely that
I've "broken" them, plus other people are reporting similar problems with other DBs.

Since merchant lists and loot are the main thing I was going to work on for my next DB release (with all the new and updated
items now in the DB as standard) this is certainly giving me some problems!

Another minor bug that may again simply be DB-related is that mobs will always assist you in battle if their faction value
is non-KOS. (This is with an account status of 0) - i.e indifferent, dubious etc. creatures/NPCs will assist you if you're
fighting something nearby.

DeletedUser
10-05-2002, 07:06 AM
Doing Something Wrong

Doing Something Wrong

Not a bug, not implemented

Drawde
10-06-2002, 07:43 AM
Hmm.. after trying out some test merchant lists with only a few items in them, they work OK every time, so it is definitely a problem with my DB, not a bug.
What I think it may be is items with zero value (many items that had a value in earlier item DBs don't with the newest DB).
Anyway I'm completely revising my merchant lists, now that all the EQLive items are available.
No luck with sorting out the loot problems yet though.

About NPCs helping you, though, I definitely remember in earlier EQEmu versions that only allied (faction 1000+) NPCs would assist you in combat, so it isn't a missing feature.

DeletedUser
10-06-2002, 11:02 AM
First I thought you were talking about consider, of how factions change when you attack. Second, I believe its something wrong with the DB, because ive attacked an NPC and then others around this NPC helped him, not me.

Ztaar
10-07-2002, 02:53 AM
at least you haven't been killed in Qeynos Hills by a ......... a boat !

:)

Trumpcard
10-07-2002, 03:13 AM
We need to go through the database and yank out all the invisble mesages until we can get them onto a non-existent faction.

I kicked the crap out of the Maestro the other night in Hate, but that damn warning message mopped the floor with me.