PDA

View Full Version : eqitems.exe comes up, then poof

dranovir45
04-09-2011, 08:27 PM
As soon as i click Lets Get started, it just poofs, nothing pops up.

http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h379/Nanarson_Lord/?action=view&current=dbinilookslike.png

I did, download that OBDC drivers thing nad just did the custom install, nothing really happened and i cant find it anywhere to do anything else with it past that, could that be a problem?> i mean i get the editor thing up, but as soon as i get Let's Get Started it just poofs

Any help please.

dranovir45
04-09-2011, 08:58 PM
And even when i "manually" try to put these in, it doesnt work - and it is set to admin command prompt, this is exactly whats happening, and even at manual like i said, wont fix the problem.

http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h379/Nanarson_Lord/?action=view&current=EachFails.png

I have an OBDC Data Source Administator thing i found , dont know how to use it exactly though

joligario
04-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Is that really where you installed Everquest?

dranovir45
04-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Is that really where you installed Everquest?

Thought it was supposed to be like from where ur world.exe and such is.

I tried with ; C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\everquest didnt change the outcome

Wolfling
04-10-2011, 03:13 AM
The eq dir dosn't really matter for item editing, only spells

But your problem is db related, not the editor
is mysql running?
if so, check your login info, and what db name your world is

your screnshots show db connection failures
cannt really make sence of the configs, some are conneting to eqemulator.net

i would make sure mysql is running, and connect with navicat or whatever your using, and check the world db name (peq, eq, or whatever you used.

db.ini is trying to use peq
eqemu_config.xml is trying to use eq

joligario
04-10-2011, 05:20 AM
He fixed his original database name problem in his other thread. peq is what he used.

trevius
04-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Thought it was supposed to be like from where ur world.exe and such is.

I tried with ; C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\everquest didnt change the outcome

It is supposed to be the path to your actual everquest folder, not the eqemu server folder. Try moving EQ to something simple (without spaces) like:

C:\Everquest

Then use that in your db.ini file and see if it works.

everquest_folder=C:\Everquest

I know if your EQ path is wrong, the tools won't start, so this will simplify it, since the program files path you currently have it in has a space, which probably requires quotes, but I haven't successfully tested it with them.

dranovir45
04-10-2011, 10:53 AM
It is supposed to be the path to your actual everquest folder, not the eqemu server folder. Try moving EQ to something simple (without spaces) like:

C:\Everquest

Then use that in your db.ini file and see if it works.

everquest_folder=C:\Everquest

I know if your EQ path is wrong, the tools won't start, so this will simplify it, since the program files path you currently have it in has a space, which probably requires quotes, but I haven't successfully tested it with them.

Wait, so my eqemu (the place where all my emu items are like world.exe the zone, the files, the folders with quests/npcs etc need to be moved to something just called Everquest? Quite confusing on the fact that why would i use regular everquest that i installed for an item creator for an eqemu server?

lerxst2112
04-10-2011, 01:46 PM
The folder it is looking for is your Everquest client, not anything to do with the server.

Copy your client somewhere simple, like c:\everquest and fix the ini file to point there and try again. It's always good to have a backup copy anyway since anytime you run Steam it might decide to update that copy and leave you with something that can't connect to the emulator anymore.

dranovir45
04-10-2011, 04:32 PM
The folder it is looking for is your Everquest client, not anything to do with the server.

Copy your client somewhere simple, like c:\everquest and fix the ini file to point there and try again. It's always good to have a backup copy anyway since anytime you run Steam it might decide to update that copy and leave you with something that can't connect to the emulator anymore.

Did that, unfortunally, still no fix at all, will get to me the Lets get started thing, but as soon as i click that it doesnt start and when i manually try to input regsvr32 a.ocx
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx
regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX

They ALL fail.

Shamanistik08
04-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Did that, unfortunally, still no fix at all, will get to me the Lets get started thing, but as soon as i click that it doesnt start and when i manually try to input regsvr32 a.ocx
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx
regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX

They ALL fail.

Same with me :oops:

lerxst2112
04-10-2011, 10:50 PM
If you are using Vista or Windows 7 you must register them with an administrator command prompt.

1) In the start menu search box, type cmd, then right click cmd.exe and select run as administrator.
2) cd to the resources directory where you unzipped eqitems.
3) type for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i

If you still have errors:
1) What version of Windows are you using?
2) What is the exact error you receive trying to register them?

dranovir45
04-10-2011, 11:24 PM
If you are using Vista or Windows 7 you must register them with an administrator command prompt.

1) In the start menu search box, type cmd, then right click cmd.exe and select run as administrator.
2) cd to the resources directory where you unzipped eqitems.
3) type for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i

If you still have errors:
1) What version of Windows are you using?
2) What is the exact error you receive trying to register them?

Im windows 7, did everything u said to do, still same error, just says Failed to Load, and actually i didnt quite understand this part "3) type for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i"

Lost me 100% there

shamanistik
04-10-2011, 11:58 PM
I do it as administrator, manually and with the batch.
I run vista 64. have perl and sql 32bits. server works fine.

Error message is (translating from french so sorry..) :

regsvr32 :
Failing to load *.ocx
Check if the file is at the right location.
Or try to debug the dll file.

the thing is unfindable.

lerxst2112
04-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Im windows 7, did everything u said to do, still same error, just says Failed to Load, and actually i didnt quite understand this part "3) type for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i"

Lost me 100% there

It means type this exactly at the command prompt once you are in the right directory:

for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i

If that does not work, what is the exact error message in the dialogs that pop up?

I do it as administrator, manually and with the batch.
I run vista 64. have perl and sql 32bits. server works fine.

Error message is (translating from french so sorry..) :

regsvr32 :
Failing to load *.ocx
Check if the file is at the right location.
Or try to debug the dll file.

the thing is unfindable.

If you're typing regsvr32 *.ocx it will not work as regsvr does not understand wildcards. The line I posted will register them one at a time.

dranovir45
04-11-2011, 12:30 AM
[QUOTE=lerxst2112;198390]It means type this exactly at the command prompt once you are in the right directory:

for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i

If that does not work, what is the exact error message in the dialogs that pop up?

Ok , i typed exactly that, nothing happend those, just went to the next line c:\EQitem (where i extracted the zip to)

lerxst2112
04-11-2011, 12:38 AM
You need to be in the resources directory where the ocx files are when you run it.

shamanistik
04-11-2011, 09:32 AM
ok it worked, thanks a lot !

dranovir45
04-11-2011, 06:01 PM
You need to be in the resources directory where the ocx files are when you run it.

It worked fine for me now, wish i could find where it tells me how to change the weapon graphic to what the weapon icon appears to be

Wolfling
04-11-2011, 07:51 PM
If its just the icon as it appears in your inventory, click its picture to bring up the icon viewer, double click to select new icon, then save

If you want to change how it looks in game, find the look you want, note the IDfile IT number, and change your weapon to that number

dranovir45
04-11-2011, 08:35 PM
If its just the icon as it appears in your inventory, click its picture to bring up the icon viewer, double click to select new icon, then save

If you want to change how it looks in game, find the look you want, note the IDfile IT number, and change your weapon to that number

How would i go about looking for a weapon with that exact graphic w/o spending hours #giveitem with a name of wep ( or is there something im missing) cus these icons dont come with IDfile IT #s

BosConan
04-13-2012, 12:00 AM
ok i trying to set up these tools and when i do it manually like you say i get % was unexpected at this time

any clue

i have tried it with several tools and get the same thing

wolfwalkereci
04-13-2012, 12:28 AM
The bat file never worked for me but following the thread here this is how I do it. Example below based on my folder structure.

Start Command Prompt:
cd c:\ ENTER
cd everquest ENTER
cd emu_server ENTER
cd georgetools ENTER
cd FOLDERNAME ENTER
cd resources ENTER
for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i ENTER

I italic the folder name, replace that with whichever you are trying to get working.
I bold the keypress.
Should be easy to understand laid out like this.

BosConan
04-13-2012, 01:00 AM
that is what i did to the T but i still get
% was unexpected at this time

lerxst2112
04-13-2012, 03:35 AM
If you're getting an error like that then you aren't typing the line exactly. You can actually copy it from here and paste it into the command prompt if you click the icon in the upper left of the command prompt window and look under edit.

You should also open the command prompt as administrator or the registrations won't work. To do that click start, type cmd, and right-click it and pick run as administrator.