PDA

View Full Version : Cant get any of the GeorgeS's tools to work

scampbell70
07-02-2011, 09:30 AM
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I just compiled my server yesterday and downloaded the newest DB from the repo. I have everything working very nicely but I want to start customizing things. I downloaded the newest eqitems editor and set my DB when I click the EQITEMS.exe a window opens with a ratman on it and I click lets start and the window goes away and thats it nothing else happens.

I also downloaded the quest editor and when I run register_ocx as administrator I get The modules "a.ocx" "imagelist.ocx" failed to load. The specifed modules could not be found.

The module "MSCOMCTL.OCX" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.

The module "EZFTP.OCX" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80040200.

The module "cmcs21.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80020009.

If I click on quest exe the window does open and I click lets start and it gives me Run-time error '339':
Component 'a.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I have the quest editor and eqitems programs in there own folders on my desktop called quests and eqitems. Any idea how to fix this?

lerxst2112
07-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Open an administrator command prompt.
Navigate to the directory where the ocx files are.
Type for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i

You should get several dialog boxes that say the registration succeeded.

scampbell70
07-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Thank you that seems to have fixed it. The only thing I see wrong now is that I am getting a gif file not found error running eq items when I try to equip a bot.

run-time error '53' file not found resources/icons/item_3001.gif

other than that it seems to be running perfect.