PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Viewer

Akkadius
09-10-2011, 06:20 PM
George, how do I go about adding more models to this program. What program were you using to snapshot a certain area of the screen etc.

Let me know what you want me to do.

Thanks,
~Akkadius

GeorgeS
09-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I am currently at work, so don't have access to the tools, but what I did was use print screen (lol) so capture the EQ window, then in paint, cropped out the irrelevant stuff. Saved the image and that was that.

I think there's a text file for relating the images, but it should be easy to add in extra stuff. I will check to see if something was hardcoded in.

If you have this then you can email me with the images and I can add them to the program if you wish.

LOL, doing all those 100's of screen captures, is a mind numbing experience let me tell ya.

GeorgeS

Akkadius
09-12-2011, 01:18 PM
I am currently at work, so don't have access to the tools, but what I did was use print screen (lol) so capture the EQ window, then in paint, cropped out the irrelevant stuff. Saved the image and that was that.

I think there's a text file for relating the images, but it should be easy to add in extra stuff. I will check to see if something was hardcoded in.

If you have this then you can email me with the images and I can add them to the program if you wish.

LOL, doing all those 100's of screen captures, is a mind numbing experience let me tell ya.

GeorgeS

Good god. I would think you can run some gimp scripts of some sort.

I'll let you know.

~Akkadius

sorvani
09-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Maudigan has some gimp scripts on the Character Browser (magelo clone) page of his site.

GeorgeS
09-13-2011, 12:00 PM
An even more crazy task was when I had to cast 100's of spells to see the animations and capture them in the spell animation tool. The screen capture edits were not automated, but a simple printscreen, alt-tab to paint then past,crop and save. probably 30sec per image, but still crazy for all those pictures.

It's worth it in the end..

George

ChaosSlayerZ
09-13-2011, 06:21 PM
the job you did on the weapons viewer was a tremendous task, and a tremendous help for all developers! :)

Akkadius
09-13-2011, 06:46 PM
An even more crazy task was when I had to cast 100's of spells to see the animations and capture them in the spell animation tool. The screen capture edits were not automated, but a simple printscreen, alt-tab to paint then past,crop and save. probably 30sec per image, but still crazy for all those pictures.

It's worth it in the end..

George

George, I'll work on these.

Thanks,
~Akkadius

Akkadius
09-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Ok, my head really hurts from staring at the screen doing the same redundant thing for 2 hours. I've got over 560 new weapon entries that are perfectly formatted with 400 x 600. The compression is also pretty good weighing in 16.4MB for 560 files as opposed to the 870 files for 76.8MB in the existing editor's folder.

These are just weapons. I will do shields and other categories another time. I had most of it scripted and automated tonight. The only part I didn't have scripted and automated was the screen-shots :). I did a query for my screenshots folder to find the last modified file, grab it and rename it to the # I specified in the Perl script argument and it would format the copy command to my clipboard to run the copy command and format it as 'weapon_#'.

Gimp has the ability to mass crop/resize as I took advantage of that to script that part of it as well.

Also, what are your thoughts on putting in some other category filters like Range, 1HB, 2HB, Axes, Range, miscellaneous etc.?

Let me know George.

Here are the files:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cvlazn

Thanks,
~Akkadius

trevius
09-14-2011, 04:55 AM
Akkadius sucks!

JK, awesome work man :)

Lillu
09-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Akka and Georges = Heroes of eqemu. Thank you guys!

GeorgeS
09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Excellent, thanks for those weapon jpg's. I am revising the tool quite a bit to make it easier for people to add their own jpg's

The spell animation viewer will be fixed as well to be up to date with Null's spell editor.

GeorgeS

Akkadius
09-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Excellent, thanks for those weapon jpg's. I am revising the tool quite a bit to make it easier for people to add their own jpg's

The spell animation viewer will be fixed as well to be up to date with Null's spell editor.

GeorgeS

Status? Should I start getting shield JPG's together?

Expletus
09-17-2011, 07:58 PM
awesome job Akka. Are most of those from Underfoot client?

Akkadius
09-17-2011, 08:04 PM
awesome job Akka. Are most of those from Underfoot client?

Yeah most of them, there were House of Thule graphic files included with the Underfoot build from Steam, so those are included as well.

GeorgeS
09-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I just updated the tool, recompiled the source, and it's uploaded.
I changed the array size so it should be ok to add more graphics.
Also, send me any extra graphics you have so I can include this in the distribution file.

GeorgeS

Akkadius
09-18-2011, 05:28 PM
I just updated the tool, recompiled the source, and it's uploaded.
I changed the array size so it should be ok to add more graphics.
Also, send me any extra graphics you have so I can include this in the distribution file.

GeorgeS

George, I will work on shields when I get time. Thanks for adding those in.

trevius
09-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Looking good so far :)

Couple things I noted while going through them:
11555 is a shield
SoD models end at 11341
UF models end at 11667

Akkadius
09-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Looking good so far :)

Couple things I noted while going through them:
11555 is a shield
SoD models end at 11341
UF models end at 11667

If a shield is all you noticed out of that whole batch of 560 images, I think I did pretty good after rushing through that in about 3 hours.

It has always been nice to have that tool there for referencing images and I'm sure the additions will prove the same.

trevius
10-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Not sure if others are missing, but after updating to the new model viewer, I notice that weapon model 11139 is no longer in it. Though it was in the older revision.

GeorgeS
10-09-2011, 11:35 PM
I believe shield_11139.jpg is there - but as a shield.

GeorgeS