PDA

View Full Version : REvision 2068 - bots - repack

pepsiphreak79
12-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Since this is all open source its my contribution back.

Using the forums for help on setup I have made a revision 2068 Un customized repack free for the taking
Thank you to those who helped.

This is a portable sql apache perl php from uniformserver with the eqemu rev 2068 bots core filed with the 2067 bots database and rev 2068 quests already installed

I did do a lol playing with tutoriala but didnt finish it still trying to figure out task system

be sure if your moving it to view the read me

Map dl locations are here on the forum or in the readme

Its setup to run right from c:\eqemu

but you can configure it however you like

comes with a few of georges awesome tools

There are no added quests plugins or anything else besides what the peq team released as of rev 2068

Works with fresh installs of titanium

Works with fresh install of SOF

Its up everything works pretty good Unaltered from what the peq 2068 db and core files
worked on tit and sof ;)
bots worked also

If anyone wants it heres the torrent mag link:
please help seed if you go torrent

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:021F89236BF6412818998701FF9364 5C02617864&dn=eqemu-rev2068-wbots-wcore-wdb-wquests_unmodified_repack_nomaps.zip&tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Media fire link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ka04ae5m5yu07av/eqemu-rev2068-wbots-wcore-wdb-wquests_unmodified_repack_nomaps.zip

Secrets
12-07-2011, 04:38 AM
Since this is all open source its my contribution back.

Using the forums for help on setup I have made a revision 2068 Un customized repack free for the taking
Thank you to those who helped.

This is a portable sql apache perl php from uniformserver with the eqemu rev 2068 bots core filed with the 2067 bots database and rev 2068 quests already installed

I did do a lol playing with tutoriala but didnt finish it still trying to figure out task system

be sure if your moving it to view the read me

Map dl locations are here on the forum or in the readme

Its setup to run right from c:\eqemu

but you can configure it however you like

comes with a few of georges awesome tools

There are no added quests plugins or anything else besides what the peq team released as of rev 2068

Works with fresh installs of titanium

Works with fresh install of SOF

Its up everything works pretty good Unaltered from what the peq 2068 db and core files
worked on tit and sof ;)
bots worked also

If anyone wants it heres the torrent mag link:
please help seed if you go torrent

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:021F89236BF6412818998701FF9364 5C02617864&dn=eqemu-rev2068-wbots-wcore-wdb-wquests_unmodified_repack_nomaps.zip&tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Media fire link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ka04ae5m5yu07av/eqemu-rev2068-wbots-wcore-wdb-wquests_unmodified_repack_nomaps.zip

One post is enough. I advise people to compile from source themselves unless you want a potential trojan. The only official repack is the one on google code.

pepsiphreak79
12-07-2011, 04:39 AM
yeah i moved my other posts to link to here already

and to clarify
its not an official repack nor do i claim it to be one feel free to attack it with all AV scanners

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list
is where i got the compiled core 2068 bots
http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests/
was where i got the quests
i honestly cant remember where i got the DB but it was 2027 and patches till 2067 and it gave me a hard time cause i didnt understand sql and still dont

If there is an official repack

The only official repack is the one on google code.

i havnt found it only one i think was a 2027 at the newest...

If you worry about a trojan just overwrite the binaries not the configs unless your good with configs with the ones from 2068 bots precompiled from the google code site mentioned above. and overwrite the georges tools feel fre to read the .bat files there pretty basic from parts i added the rest came with the uniserv thing

I am only trying to offer back to the community here...

Secrets
12-07-2011, 05:32 AM
yeah i moved my other posts to link to here already

and to clarify
its not an official repack nor do i claim it to be one feel free to attack it with all AV scanners

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list
is where i got the compiled core 2068 bots
was where i got the quests
i honestly cant remember where i got the DB but it was 2027 and patches till 2067 and it gave me a hard time cause i didnt understand sql and still dont

If there is an official repack

i havnt found it only one i think was a 2027 at the newest...

If you worry about a trojan just overwrite the binaries not the configs unless your good with configs with the ones from 2068 bots precompiled from the google code site mentioned above. and overwrite the georges tools feel fre to read the .bat files there pretty basic from parts i added the rest came with the uniserv thing

I am only trying to offer back to the community here...

It's a disclaimer is all. If people are aware that they should be wary about downloading software not officially approved by us, then my job is done.

EQstarr
12-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Thanks Pepsi!

I've been looking for a repack like this one. I'm going to test it out on my laptop and let you know how it went.

pepsiphreak79
12-07-2011, 01:42 PM
I made a booboo i accidently used my other quest repository that was the ax custom quest .pl files with the google project eq svn ones written over them you may get an annoyance from it so i would advise deleting the quest DB and redownloading from the repository

Not in this repack....
someone compiled revision 2083 for me after i uploaded this i dont know if they are safe yet just the exe's and the dll all other files were left from repack i was able to over write my repack binaries and run the sources for 2083 i did hav to use the perl upgrade in the uniserv to 5.12 but if you compile with 5.10 you wont have to touch the uniserve
uniserve uninstalled the 5.10 and installed the 5.12 for me seamlessly

to upgrade the perl you download the 5.12 msi if thats what your core is compiled with or the 5.14 if thats what you picked from active perl get the msi
save to C:\eqemu\UniServer\alt_diag\install_perl
run the bat file in that dir
and type Yes with the capitol Y or it doesnt update lol
it removes the old perl and puts in the new and your back to running on a portable.

only issue i had on 2083 was after setup and running i tried bots i got an error

Database Error: #1054: unknown column 'HP' in 'field list'
Database Error: #1054: unknown column 'MANA' in 'field list'

ALTER TABLE `bots` ADD COLUMN `HP` SMALLINT(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `AC`;
ALTER TABLE `bots` ADD COLUMN `MANA` SMALLINT(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `HP`;

seemes to have fixed
i dont know if this is for everyone or just me

but it may be relivent if you update to 2083 from this repack

I would release this 2083 repack but the core didnt come from the google svn or from me it came from a 3rd party ill play with it a while and if it looks ok ill ship it out

bad_captain
12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Use the sql for rev 2087 from the eqemulator svn, which adds hp and mana just after drakkindetails. otherwise the bot's stats will be mixed up.

pepsiphreak79
12-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Use the sql for rev 2087 from the eqemulator svn, which adds hp and mana just after drakkindetails. otherwise the bot's stats will be mixed up.

i acually did that i have no clue why it left them out i just manually added them and was all good

pepsiphreak79
12-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Ill put out a 2083 soon as i know its safe

If you downloaded the 2067 let me know how it works for you and how user friendly
I can try to improve before i do the 2083

Caryatis
12-08-2011, 10:34 AM
You may feel like you are giving back but you are not, especially since you don't really know what you are including. If you need somebody else to compile to source for you, then you have no business releasing repacks as you have no idea wtf you are putting out.

pepsiphreak79
12-08-2011, 12:06 PM
You may feel like you are giving back but you are not, especially since you don't really know what you are including. If you need somebody else to compile to source for you, then you have no business releasing repacks as you have no idea wtf you are putting out.
Very nice not only are some people unable to read but people like that are why others dont help out and bail out to something else.

Caryatis
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
You include the wrong quest directory and then say you had to have somebody else compile 2083 for you. Your heart is in the right place but you are not adding anything of value.

People are so damn scared of anything that is not a verbal blowjob, I wonder how you handle the real world. If people bail out because one person on the internet was not SUPER nice, then they weren't going to hang around anyway.

EQstarr
12-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey Pepsi,

Reporting back. The repack was one of the simplest and quickest ones I've ever installed. I've had a few blips here and there, but nothing too major. I did notice the issue with the quests, but no biggie. I can update the folder. It would be nice to have an uninstall feature, that will clean everything out. As it stands, you have to uninstall MySQL separately from the Control Panel.

Is this the latest version of the bots? These bots are not very helpful. They don't hold taunt and they heal the mobs while attacking them.

pepsiphreak79
12-08-2011, 10:50 PM
You include the wrong quest directory and then say you had to have somebody else compile 2083 for you. Your heart is in the right place but you are not adding anything of value.

People are so damn scared of anything that is not a verbal blowjob, I wonder how you handle the real world. If people bail out because one person on the internet was not SUPER nice, then they weren't going to hang around anyway.

Dude if you cant be constructive or usefull then go back to your rock. Right now thats just post flaming..

And as for the 2083 Not everyone is setup for compiling not everyone can even do it but they can do other things usefull...

and I HAVE NOT RELEASED the 2083

Yes the quests were a mistake they are all the peq base quests with others under them it really doesnt hurt the functionality and im going to re release as a 2083 anyway when tested further...
This is a pack only for beginners who arent setup for compiling and such and as stated above non official packs are use at own risk ect...

It does not require some lowlife comming in flamming... So thank you for your banter and welcome to my ignore list.

EQstarr
12-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes the quests were a mistake they are all the peq base quests with others under them it really doesnt hurt the functionality and im going to re release as a 2083 anyway when tested further...

I appreciated the mistake, actually. I was looking at the quest folder and found some awesome ideas for quests that weren't being used. I'm going to keep a copy of that and see if I can find any other goodies. :-)

pepsiphreak79
12-09-2011, 11:48 PM
you found my optimous prime didnt you :p lol he works if you give him an npc and rename it to that npc's name

ressurection is the one thing live EQ lacked :p once you hit 65 or whatever top lvl is now thats it no more gain :p now it goes on even more

curious how easy was it for you to setup and use? did you move it to another dir than the default?

pepsiphreak79
12-09-2011, 11:53 PM
as for the bots yeah there not my stuff it all came from the emu guys its there awesome work i just made it simple lol ....

The mysql shouldnt have needed uninstall it was a standalone you start it up and shut it down with the shortcuts nothing installs at all

its all build in you run it and stop it
Only thing i guess i may not have said was any currently running sql / apache may stop it from working cause i think you can only have 1 of each with default setups at once so no uninstall needed just run stop bat file

EQstarr
12-10-2011, 11:24 AM
you found my optimous prime didnt you :p lol he works if you give him an npc and rename it to that npc's name

Hehe, yep. That's the one I saw. That was a great idea. I love the roleplaying/story aspect of EQ, so that quest really opens up interesting possibilities of being "reborn".

As far as SQL, it must have been an unusual bug I came across. I've tried the repack on my desktop computer, and I also messed around with it in VMware. Both times I didn't have SQL in installed programs. It was just the one time on my laptop.

I had an issue where Port 3306 was being used, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. When I uninstalled SQL, I was able to get the repack going again with the launcher you have.

Have you tested out the /log and screenshot functions? It's not saving any logs that I create, nor is it saving screenshots.

Also, how can I update the repack? Where would you go to SQL in the updates? Would it be HeidiSQL?

Oh, about installing:

It was a cynch! Very easy. I copied it over to my C: drive, ran the launcher, and all was good. It took longer to copy the maps over, lol. All the computers I tried it on were done on C:. I haven't tried it in any other directory yet, but I can putz around with it in VMware and see how it is.

pepsiphreak79
12-14-2011, 07:35 PM
i just moved mine to another box just had to alter a few bats to new dir i posted them in read me thenhad to fix all the shortcuts i use and for georges tools re run the ocx registers and was good
heidi sql is what i have been using to edit the sql as for upgrading im still having issues getting the 2087 up . i don thtink it likes the sql im using that repack uses sql 5.5 and perl 5.10.. i wouldnt update the sql to far cause some of the new sql they released requires the new world and zone .exe's to work with them...

pepsiphreak79
01-02-2012, 05:29 AM
New Magnet link for torrent

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:021F89236BF6412818998701FF9364 5C02617864&dn=eqemu-rev2068-wbots-wcore-wdb-wquests_unmodified_repack_nomaps.zip&tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80/announce

EQstarr
01-04-2012, 09:56 PM
How's it coming with the latest release? I'd like to try the latest with the fixes done to the bots.

provocating
01-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Is this the latest version of the bots? These bots are not very helpful. They don't hold taunt and they heal the mobs while attacking them.

Where in the world did you get this information from ?

EQstarr
01-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Where in the world did you get this information from ?

From playing the game. The bots spawn with blue armor, a lightsource (which brightens the area each time you add another bot), don't hold taunt, and heal the mobs you are attacking. I think this version of the compilation is before the bot fixes went into place. I tried to SQL in the updates, but I still get the same result. Not sure if the update took or not. That's why I'm hoping Pepsi is able to update his compilation to the latest and release a new version. Other than the bots, the game works great. Super easy to get up and running.

provocating
01-05-2012, 01:13 AM
I can tell you for a fact, if your compile is right and your database is complete, bots are near damn perfect.

The only thing I have seen is a bug with corpse summoning and either me or BadCaptain will get to it, I may get time this weekend.

EQstarr
01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
I can tell you for a fact, if your compile is right and your database is complete, bots are near damn perfect.

Well, this thread is about a compile and package that Pepsishreak put together that makes it easier for people to get EQEMU up and running. This is what I've been testing out.

I am still trying to get my own compile to work.

dew1960
01-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for posting your repack. I have been trying to compile my own but since ActivePerl 5.10 is no longer legally avaialable and I have no way to get it, I am stuck with the current version of activeperl 5.14 which does not work right now when compiling (at least for me).

I got the server up and running after I stopped my running version of mysql service. It looks like the repack is set up for offline play. If you do another repack, can you include a folder for public setup with the files needed to replace the ones for offline and maybe a readme to explain how and what needs to be changed to make it public. Thank you again!

Sourdough35
02-02-2012, 05:26 PM
this pack is amazing super newbie friendly for someone who barely understands how this all works. i even clicked my hardware disable button on my wireless adapter while playing and it kept right on going. i can run my own server by myself, log in, log out, and super easy to set up.

question though - since this database is slightly older, is there also a simple way to update it with the latest PEQ versions? or does that require all the difficult steps in the various faqs i've read?

if it can't be updated easily can you confirm whether this version still has the incorrect quest database included? and what does that mean? im able to accept quests so it seems fine.

Sourdough35
02-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Is there a way to take this repack update the database? PEQ is up to version 2100. I believe I was able to update the emu by just dropping the updated files into the folder, but the database seems tougher.

sorvani
02-10-2012, 01:46 AM
You can compare your DB with the PEQ DB and then generate an update script to update your DB. There are tools that can do this for you out on the net. of course anything you have customized would have to be redone.

provocating
02-10-2012, 09:26 AM
http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13048

Sourdough35
02-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Well that's just fantastic. I'm sorry, I had seen that earlier but didn't know what it was. I'm quite new to all of this. Looks like I can just load in r2100 and get things going.

Now, if only I could figure out how to set up my eqemulator files to actually connect properly, I'd be set.

Sourdough35
02-11-2012, 05:19 AM
I guess I'm still confused. I know how to load up my PEQ DB from MySQL but it seems like your portable DB has to load through another instance of MySQL? Is there a different .exe I should be running from the portable folder and then trying to load the DB? I'm not sure what to do with that.