PDA

View Full Version : Task: Desert Crawl

provocating
12-13-2011, 12:07 AM
I would bored and decided I would run through some of the task system. I took my level 22 Necro to NRO and Oasis and ran around killing snakes, spiders, etc. I finally got my last piece, in my inventory it showed as this item #13262 (http://reefcrazed.dyndns.org:82/item.php?id=13262) If you look at this screenshot it was definitely in my inventory. I checked the activities table and really did not see any issue with the entry. Tried logging, but nothing.

http://reefcrazed.dyndns.org:82/screenshots/EQ000070.png

trevius
12-13-2011, 05:16 AM
If you are playing on your own server, you can figure out that issue fairly easily. It could be a typo in the task with a wrong ID, but it could also just be that there are multiple item IDs for the item with that same name. Like in cases of Bone Chips, where there might be 10 different versions of the same item, but only 1 item id might work in a particular task. You could check your task tables and check which item ID is there. If there are multiple of the same item with different IDs, you can always set a goal list for that step and include all item IDs you would want to update the task. Otherwise, if it is just the wrong id, you can correct that easy enough.

If you do find that there is an issue and correct it, you can submit your fix in quest submissions or post about it on the PEQ forums for them to resolve it there (they would be doing it either way).

Doing a search on 13th floor where PEQ gets their items from, it only shows 1 result for that item name and it matches the item you got (13262).

http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/item.php?id=13262

So, most likely, the task just needs to have that one field updated to the correct item id.

provocating
12-13-2011, 09:05 AM
This is on my agenda tonight, doing the entire thing via admin. Then I will post what the error is.

Derision
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Did you definitely loot the Giant Scarab Egg Sack in North Ro (the activity has a constraint that it must be looted in that zone, as you can see in the Task Window in your screenshot) ?

I had a look at the database rows for that task and they look correct.

provocating
12-13-2011, 10:28 AM
I looked at the rows too and they looked correct. I had migrated to Oasis because after an hour I had zero drops of those off of Scarabs. The drop rate was higher in Oasis. This has to be what is going on, I probably looted that one in Oasis. It totally makes sense now.

Kingmen30264
12-13-2011, 02:02 PM
You say that you cannot get these to drop... Well when I was testing this script out on MY server, I noticed that there are TWO North Ro's... One with a short name of nro and the other northro ... You may want to try the other one if you haven't already. It was the only way I could get them to drop for me... I think mine was nro or something... can't recall, this was MONTHS ago.

provocating
12-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Well the zones were revamped, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I probably need to fix my zone points since I have upgraded my database.

Kalastrom
12-13-2011, 05:23 PM
The zones having been revamped might just factor into it since they have different zone IDs, 'nro' is the pre-revamp zone and if that's the one your server is running then you'll most likely need that id.

provocating
12-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Still killing and trying to get it to drop, I am in NRO doing it now though :) The drop rate is low, so that is okay.

But just in case anyone needs to know how to do this. To get the zone point fixed for UF clients to zone into the new North Ro, and also other revamped zones.

update zone_points set client_version_mask = 4294967292 where client_version_mask = 2147483660;
update doors set client_Version_mask = 4294967292 where client_version_mask = 2147483660;

wolfwalkereci
12-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks for posting that provocating, the experienced people all know what their doing but those figuring it out for the first time run into small things like this.
I've been trolling the boards the last few days searching for any sql people have posted and compiling a list for myself with keywords.
I know I hate when someone asks "How do I fix 'X'." and I saw the fix previously but can't remember which post or where on the wiki it is.

cavedude
12-14-2011, 03:17 AM
If you are using the PEQ database, most of the revamped zones have not been worked with and thus are not playable (at least by PEQ's standards.) Nektulos and highpasshold are the only ones that are playable that use the client_version_mask column and it is already properly set.

I've also put Giant Scarab Egg Sack in their own lootdrop table for the nro scarabs thus increasing their drop rate. That'll be in the next SVN update for the database.

provocating
12-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Yeah I know things like Freeport are not ready yet, may never be since a lot of peeps do not like the new Freeport. NorthRo is pretty complete though right ? The adventure camp and all of that seems pretty okay.

cavedude
12-14-2011, 11:11 AM
nro is fine, but the new northro has no factions, loot, named spawns, quests, etc other than whatever was grabbed from packet dumps.

My current project in fact is working on the overhauled zones. robregen sent me his database with a lot of work done on overhauled zones, so I am working with that to merge and tweak what's in the PEQ database.

provocating
12-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Well Cavedude, you will never know how glad the community is that you are in fact back, working consistently. I wish I had the skills to help more than I do. I barely know c++ and know just enough Perl to be dangerous.

I was thinking since I know some C# I might be able to pump out a tool for admins, like what George did, but with a slight spin on it. I have been working with WPF, C# so maybe this could be something I could work on.

Anyway, I appreciate everything you and the team over at PEQ do for this community. Without the database and tweaking that is done, we would not be where we are today.

trevius
12-14-2011, 08:12 PM
BTW, if the task originally posted about is zone specific like Derision mentioned, it won't work in both versions of North Ro. It will only work in the one it was created for. So, the loot drops you get from them need to be for the right zone (can't mix and match). There would need to be a separate task (exact copy other than the zone ID) for each zone if that is the case.

provocating
12-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Correct, because the spawns are tied to that particular zone id in the database.