PDA

View Full Version : PEQ data base install I need "dummies" help

wrichards123
11-09-2012, 05:31 PM
ok guys, I really need a install "dummies" guide... as if I know absoulty NOTHING...

Ive got the peqhpeditor folder, Ive installed the tort SVN. I cant seem to install the apache cuz im an idiot...

can anyone please (and I know its a bit to ask) give me a detailed install instructions as if I know nothing, cuz at this point I dont anymore :(

i want to edit PEQ database. Ill be very happy to answer any trigger questions you have to help me get this up and running.... I LOVE the AX-PHP editor and have been used to that but really want to use the PEQ database to run LDONs..

again thanks in advance for any responses, really Ive read and tryed for about a week searching forums and trying to understand and install this thing.. anyway

wrichards123
11-09-2012, 07:15 PM
yea i know its asking a lot but plz help :(

c0ncrete
11-09-2012, 08:52 PM
your request isn't very clear.

what do you have currently and what is your objective?

if you're attempting to use a php editor specifically written for axclassic on a peq database, it may not work. i really have no idea. an editor geared toward specific content is generally coded for said content.

that being said, you likely want to look/ask on the AXClassic forums if you are looking for support/instructions on packages provided there.

Noport
11-09-2012, 09:27 PM
for editing the peq database use Navicat 8
Download Navicat 8.xx http://www.navicat.com/download/navicat8_mysql_en.exe

Download apache
http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi#apache24

c0ncrete
11-09-2012, 09:42 PM
yet another stellar demonstration of your lack of reading comprehension skills, noport.

i clearly stated i had no idea if it worked or not. i've also asked for clarification as to exactly what wrichards123 is requesting instead of making an assumption that the issue was related to random opcodes or unmentioned software.

regardless, i'm sure your explanations have helped considerably, as they always tend to do.

Noport
11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
as he stated i want to edit PEQ database problem solved for editing the peq database use Navicat 8
Download Navicat 8.xx http://www.navicat.com/download/navicat8_mysql_en.exe

COncrete why didn't you post a link to Navicat download I see why you replied it was in the topic header PEQ data base install I need "dummies" help
your lack of reading comprehension skills i understand that was easy.

c0ncrete
11-09-2012, 10:29 PM
since when do apache and php have anything at all to do with navicat?

he's asking for something specific, not random software suggestions. otherwise, i'd have recommended mysql workbench or learning to edit relational databases via command line or python scripting.

focus, man. focus!

Noport
11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
you have to read between the lines get the picture 80)

c0ncrete
11-09-2012, 11:07 PM
:rolleyes:

Furniture
11-09-2012, 11:24 PM
In noports defense, the OP wasnt clear, he states that he wanted to edit the peq database, although due to the nature of how he worded it, its hard to tell if he knows how to edit the database other then the php editor, noport was just helping out and pointing out that its easier to use navicat, although he does for some reason provide a link to apache

c0ncrete
11-09-2012, 11:32 PM
in noport's defense? i'm the one that originally stated the OP wasn't clear. noport has since edited his original response where he took it upon himself to comment on my attempt at assitance, which is why it looks like i'm the instigator here.

In noports defense, the OP wasnt clear, he states that he wanted to edit the peq database, although due to the nature of how he worded it, its hard to tell if he knows how to edit the database other then the php editor, noport was just helping out and pointing out that its easier to use navicat, although he does for some reason provide a link to apache

Furniture
11-09-2012, 11:47 PM
ahh ok i must have seen it after he edited, i do believe that noports opcode obsession is hilarious and i always laugh when i see his posts

c0ncrete
11-09-2012, 11:48 PM
yeah, he's just sore because a number of people have been ribbing him about it today. self included. :)

sorvani
11-09-2012, 11:50 PM
It was pretty clear to me that the OP can't do anything and I wasn't feeling nice, so I did not respond.

I LOVE the AX-PHP editor and have been used to that but really want to use the PEQ database to run LDONs..

Having never used any of the repack stuff I have no idea what the AXClassic can do. I would assume from the name it is basically Trilogy.

If you want to go beyond the repack limitations, you need to build your own server from the source. It is not all that hard anymore thanks to Akkadius.
Go find Huppy's post (January 2011) about how to build a windows server. and then read Akkadius' new post about compiling. Take your time and read carefully before doing anything. Basically Substitute all the compiling and software installation from Huppy's post for what is in Akkadius' post. The rest of Huppy's post stands.

Re Navicat: It is no longer publicly available on their website but as noted previously a direct link is still active. Instead of getting used to a tool that is going away, look around the later posts in Huppy's thread for alternatives to Navicat.

Noport
11-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Re Navicat: It is no longer publicly available on their website but as noted previously a direct link is still active. Instead of getting used to a tool that is going away, look around the later posts in Huppy's thread for alternatives to Navicat.

the punch line:
c0ncrete I see why you replied it was in the topic header: PEQ data base install I need "dummies" help your lack of reading comprehension skills i understand that was easy.

there is a good reason why i posted that link the only onees that understand why the reason and prorf is in there email box 80) and your vary welcome glad to help. there is a good reason why i don't use Huppy's thread for alternatives to Navicat link i'll keep using Navicat 8

the punch line:
you'll have to excuse sorvani he's still learning how use the internet and still working on his reading skills http://www.navicat.com if you look it says download from navicat website. click on download and then click on download center that was easy http://www.navicat.com/en/download/download.html your lack of reading comprehension skills

sorvani
11-10-2012, 12:52 PM
you'll have to excuse sorvani he's still learning how use the internet http://www.navicat.com if you look it says download from navicat website. click on download and then click on download center that was easy http://www.navicat.com/en/download/download.html

More like Navicat redid their website again to make it available. I don't use the program and yes I was too lazy to go hit their website again. But you can have this one.

wolfwalkereci
11-10-2012, 09:45 PM
In sorvani's defense navi has changed their site a few times over the last year. For awhile you could not find a download to a free or trial version of their software. (At least if it was possible I did not find the link but I didn't need it myself, was trying to help someone else get a server up)

So anyone figure out what the op wanted? ;p

sorvani
11-10-2012, 09:53 PM
So anyone figure out what the op wanted? ;p
He wants LDoN. I told him what to do a couple posts back.

lerxst2112
11-11-2012, 01:40 AM
It sounded like he's trying to run the peq database editor with no success. How that is connected to LDoN I dunno.

wolfwalkereci
11-11-2012, 02:12 AM
Ah well I'm sure they will figure it out or provide more info.

sorvani
11-11-2012, 11:24 AM
It sounded like he's trying to run the peq database editor with no success. How that is connected to LDoN I dunno.

like this.

I LOVE the AX-PHP editor and have been used to that but really want to use the PEQ database to run LDONs..

he is crossing the streams.

lerxst2112
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
To me that reads:

I've used the AX-PHP editor before and I love it, but I want to switch to using the PEQ database as that allows me to run LDoNs. I'd like to use the PEQ database editor as well, but I can't figure out how to install it properly.

He's probably missing some opcodes.

wrichards123
11-12-2012, 04:32 PM
sorry guys for the confusion and late responses.... yes I have been trying to get the PEQ editor to work. I cant seem to get it running. that is my main goal is to get the peq or an editor like the AX-php editor, I know that editor very well and am not used to raw database manipulations...

as it is I cant get the apache up and running as I cant find an installer program, I downloaded the binaries but there is no "install" program to install it as I can tell. please understand my comp knowledge is old I used to know everything untill about 10 years ago now sadly :( i use my nephews alot more than I used to ;)

anyway. I seriously would like to run PEQ which I can becouse of LDON, I want to get the PEQ editor up and running and that where Im stuck..

SO I guess what Im asking is an extremely base level step by step... Ive tryed many times, Ive read tons of posts and Im sure Im just not doing some basic step wrong....

Thank you again in advance for any help... so heres what I have up and running as I can tell.. using the EQemuGUI program to launce eq-ax or eq-peq... both run well. if you ask me trigger questions of what u info you need to ask me plz do.. Ill do anything to get peq editor running... I wish I could fuse the two ax and peq together as AX seems to have items I like that peq doest,,, anyway

thanks again guys in advance for any responses..

c0ncrete
11-12-2012, 04:50 PM
how did you get the AX-php editor to run without apache? did you use IIS or something? php is php. if you have/had a machine that runs the AX-php editor, you should be able to run the other (generally speaking). regardless, you're still not giving us a lot of information to go on.

what do you have installed right now? if you've got a running eqemulator server, we know you at least have mysql and perl. what are you running it on? windows? ubuntu? BeOS? FreeBSD? what have you tried to do? what guide are you following? etc

wrichards123
11-12-2012, 04:54 PM
I have mysql running... if thats a help. Ive got the tortiseSVN running... that about all i know.. id love to somehow get the peq-php editor up... ill answer any more questions u have.. thanks again for the responses... oh i launch the ax-php through the button in the EQEmuGUI interface/launcher, running on windows 7. ive tryed the guides on PEQ website and tyred just about every instructions in the forums on mist all EQEMU sites....

c0ncrete
11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
you're probably not going to find an "easy" solution to your problem. the launcher you are describing most likely has a portable version of both apache and php.

a quick google search for "installing php on windows 7" came up with the following walkthrough:

http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/how-do-i/install-PHP-windows-7.php

i'm not running windows 7, nor have i validated the instructions on that site.

additionally, apache and php aren't specific to eqemulator, so i would recommend not trying to involve it in your search for instructions on installing them. there is a HUGE amount of information freely available on the web on the installation of them both. get those installed first before you worry about the editor. if you can't get them installed, you likely won't be able to use the other editor.

wolfwalkereci
11-12-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm not doing anything for the next couple days if you want my help getting it all up and going. Just PM me a gtalk,aim,yahoo msg name and a time you want to go over things.

lerxst2112
11-12-2012, 06:22 PM
There are instructions for installing Apache all over the place, here's the official ones: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html

The installers are here: http://www.linuxtourist.com/apache/httpd/binaries/win32/ You want the appropriate msi file.

wrichards123
11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
ok got the apache server up, I got the IT WORKS message.. now trying to find the PEQ editor install instructions again in forums.. I somehow saw the PEQ login screen in a webwindow but the user/passwords are not found, so somewhere in the install I cant find the user/pass thing... tryed admin/password combo no go so far... im a notch farther now need to figure out the rest of the peq-php install

wrichards123
11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
heres where im stuck... i dont know how to do this simple thing:

Step 5:

Source schema.sql (in the editor's /sql directory) into your database.

also im getting password errors saying cant log into localhost

c0ncrete
11-12-2012, 08:30 PM
you'll need to be very specific as to where you are getting errors and exactly what they are (verbatim, preferably) or no one will be able to assist you.

what's telling you that your username/password is wrong? mysql? is it when you attempt to source in schema.sql?

wrichards123
11-12-2012, 08:41 PM
yea now i cant even get eq server to launch its stating bad password... man i think i screwed up something big now.... I cant seem to find the file that has the user/passsword settings... ARG!!!! so it seems I have mysql and apache running. at this point im going to experiment on my laptop and see where I can go with this... I followed the install guide for apache as was suggested it worked but think somehow the user password got screwed up there... im going to uninstall apache and see if i can at least get what I had befor up and running again, the EQEmuGUI program I can launch the "start MYsql" but am getting errors once i launch EQEmu server thats now where Im seeing bad password errors in the server window..... rebooting now

after deleting apache server, the EQEmu server seems happy again... so somehow I screwed up the apache user/password thingy

c0ncrete
11-12-2012, 08:48 PM
nothing related directly to apache (or php) is prompting you for a username or password. the database (mysql) will require a login, however.

your database user/pass will be located in your eqemulator directory in a file named eqemu_config.xml. it may not be the same as your root login information, but if you only use mysql for the emulator, it probably is.

Noport
11-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Note:ax_classic_3.10o_R42 i'm old school older then 2009 like somewhere around 2003-2004
http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/wikis/php-tutorial/installing-php-and-mysql.aspx
For all newer school peeps get to know it another great lesson from a dummy you can learn alot from a dummy! 80) WAMP ( Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP )

Note: It would help if you would copy the *.sql files to c:\mysql\bin directory then use the command line prompt
mysql -uroot -ppassword
use peq
source schema.sql

if you need more help follow this guide by: huppy http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32980

These installation instructions are not required if you are using the AX-Classic Server repack.

1a. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (For AX-Classic Server Repack Users)

To update your existing AX-Classic editor, perform the following steps:

1. Extract the axclassiceditor folder.
2. Move the contents into a subfolder of your C:\Program Files\AXClassic-PEQ\udrive\www folder.
3. Copy the settings from your known-good config.php folder into the folder you just created.
4. Browse to http://localhost/yoursubfoldername/index.php and start editing.

1b. MANUAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

To install the AX-Classic Editor, perform the following steps:

1. Browse to http://www.apache.org to download and install the Apache HTTP server.
2. Browse to http://www.php.net to download and install PHP.
3. Move the files from this AX-Classic download into your Apache server's www directory.
4. Source schema.sql from the editor's \sql directory into your database.
5. Update config.php to configure to your database.
6. In your Server Repack application, click the Tools menu, and then click HeidiSQL
7. Write down the info in the window that follows if you don't know your database login info. Click OK.
8. Make sure the connection info matches what you wrote down in the previous step. Then click Connect.
9. Click the AX-Classic database in the left tab.
10. Then click in white box to the right of line number 1.
11. Paste the text from section 2 below into that space, and then press the F9 key.
12. Browse to http://localhost/index.php and start editing.
13. The default username/password is admin/password. To add another user, click the Admin link once you login.

2. SQL INSTALLATION REQUIRED (BOTH CASES)

# Creates Editor Login Table
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `peq_admin`;
CREATE TABLE `peq_admin` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`login` varchar(30) character set utf8 NOT NULL default '',
`password` varchar(255) character set utf8 NOT NULL default '',
`administrator` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=3 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC;

# Creates default admin/password entry in above table so users can login and change it after install.
INSERT INTO `peq_admin` VALUES ('1', 'admin', '5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99', '1');

c0ncrete
11-13-2012, 09:01 AM
he's not using ax-classic or the ax-classic editor...

EDIT:
he's also already got a working mysql installation, so why would he need to complicate matters by installing a second via wamp, or xampp, or any other *amp distro?

wolfwalkereci
11-13-2012, 11:44 AM
he's not using ax-classic or the ax-classic editor...

EDIT:
he's also already got a working mysql installation, so why would he need to complicate matters by installing a second via wamp, or xampp, or any other *amp distro?

To each their own and all that but the *amp installs are for total idiots.
Noport, dude seriously... did you even read the thread. Also I guess if you felt the fucking need to copy every .sql file into the bin directory you could, or you could fucking learn to CD to the directory with prompt.

wrichards123
11-15-2012, 09:43 PM
ok w Wolfs help Im almost there, had to install alot of things...

Wolf- Im at the editing part of step 17, need help w 17 and 18...

I had to reinstall with clean start took all day but goto step 17ish... I need some help here with the "Key" I cant find the peq.varibles and not sure of the key itself.. now that Im almost there I need to get peq-php editor up.. by end of day yesterday my brain was fried.. but am ready.. ill be on again tomarrow on vent Fri, would love last bit of help for these final steps...

man mysql was a bitch this time to get one running but all seems good to go now. :) thanks

Uleat
11-15-2012, 10:03 PM
mysql can give you headaches if you don't manually delete the previous install directories.

The old configuration/db files interfere with the setup wizard.

wrichards123
11-15-2012, 10:52 PM
yea im close im stumbling on the edits of configs and such... almost there... hopefuly Wolf will drop in vent and iron the rest out with me.. thanks again wolf for the help... man dont think Id gotten this far w/o u

wolfwalkereci
11-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Sorry had the in-laws stop by for some food. I'll be online majority of tomorrow so look for me whenever you have some free time.

wrichards123
11-16-2012, 10:15 PM
well I got it all in and am working on editing everything to get it to run,,, Thanks to Wolf for getting me this far never would have on my own.. now I have to check all the edits I made and the editor should work..right now when i launch the index.php it opens browser and trys to download... working on it... the next step I need help with is configuring it all to work as a private server on my machine.... anyone have a quick link on that config? I was using the AX launcher but now this install is not, so i gotta figure out how to launce mysql,launch the server and launch eq.. and the thing about creating new acounts or such on the eqlaunchpad...anyway.. thats where im at. again thanks Wolf tons.

thanks in advance to any replys

wrichards123
11-17-2012, 01:40 PM
ok...... found this..... it solved my problem

http://forums.axclassic.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2706&p=14261#p14261