PDA

View Full Version : Work in progress...

tiarabobera
04-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Hello =) am new to this, not to eq of course but have been thru the complete guide for setting up a server for windows, at first that ran fine, then it kept saying it couldn't find world.exe, everytime at first while it was running that I wanted to edit something I was drooling at the thought of using these tools mentioned in here =) which are truly awesome! Thanks George...
Anyway I went back and forth between the complete guide and George's web page, tried installing the repack and some reason it showed no items on the toons and items showed up correctly in the loot/npc editor... and #itemsearch wouldn't work.. so I uninstalled all from both guides and studied..
I don't know if this was supposed to work or not but I thought that I would share....
starting fresh .. everything even pc restored and hours of downloading windows updates sigh lol
(I had everything from the complete windows guide on external hard drive too as a copy in case I needed help)

I installed his drivers first
Then the repack
Then overwrote the perl
then swapped out the contented of the bot file of his into the peq server folder
then just copied the maps in place of, not wanting to update and again but checked it out to make sure it was ok and it was
svn check out to quests
replaced SQL folder completely with the one I used in complete set up guide (rev2506)
checked it for svn updates
installed MySQL because even though it's in the file it didn't let me access it at the command prompt which is the main way I know how to use it right now
opened command prompt
(I installed the repack to c:/repack) so
navigated to it in command prompt similar to complete set ups guide
cd c:/repack/sql
next= once there= MySQL -uroot -password
use peq;
(it said it switched database so database peq existed opposed to the complete set up guide where you'd create one)
so I ...
drop database peq;
create database peq;
use peq;
source peqdb_rev2506.sql
it loaded I said yay..
then once it was done
source load_players.sql
source load_bots.sql
then exit exit.
made sure the server folder had the configurations file as my root/pass and db peq
loaded up works beautifully.. except gate doesn't work for some reason so far that's been it, bots work fine... zones work fine, the tools and I dl all of them all work but do give error messages I turn music off where it has options to, and then it loads... and I have edited loot works... have used the server status, spell importer (reading from an old post I guessed since it imported spell_us into the server folder that I need to put spell_en into it, and I did but I've not rebooted yet (family connected to it right now)
so will see if that works for gate not working or not,
so from what I learned so far I see maps, quests, peqdb and source needs updated regularly I got all that except with George's I don't really know where the "source" folder is that I would want to us http://projecteqemu.googlecode/svn that one I'm not sure if I need to keep updates on or not according to past posts I guess I don't? Hopefully George you can understand my more plan English about it lol, not real technical speaking but it is working! really good too, so far, it's just that I feel that I might be lacking updating something? or am I good? The gate thing.. I'm trying to figure it out will find out if I'm right once I get rebooted but if you know what it is please post reply =)
Also one great thing I would love to make this offline play I read some posts about that and love the idea as this server is for an eq loving family, that's all.. I didn't want to follow the guides on offline cuz I wasn't sure if it would work the same way using Repack or not?
Thanks Again!
hugs!

tiarabobera
04-27-2013, 04:49 PM
ps I also reinstalled perl cuz it wouldn't lemme gm flag my account without the perl .dll actually installed on my pc but it hasn't hurt it to have both ways.. that I can see or tell..

tiarabobera
04-27-2013, 04:55 PM
I have not done the database support thing yet am not sure how to on that or if I need to? Also so you know I'm running windows 7 =) again many thanks!

tiarabobera
04-27-2013, 04:59 PM
for anyone who might try this, I needed to come back and note that I rebooted after all uninstalls and most installs =)

tiarabobera
04-27-2013, 05:47 PM
nope didn't fix gate..not sure what would make just gate not work?

Uleat
04-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Step 1: Cull the caffeine intake.

Step 2: Breath.

Step 3: Please state what the actual problem is. (Windows server install or George's tool issue?)

tiarabobera
04-27-2013, 06:01 PM
the only problem is that gate doesn't work, otherwise just asking if I need to do something about not updating a source file somewhere, already know where to find maps/quests/and/sql to update them correctly so that I don't mess up a good thing =) 3rd is just if there's a way for a family to play offline.. not big issues, just listing what I done to get there, which is a collision of guides... According to what I've read lots of people need a reduce in caffeine intake rofl... =P

tiarabobera
04-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Sorry re-reading I thought you'd seen and really read it,... it's a combination of the two... George's repack with the updated database rev 2506 and all his tools set up on windows 7
I read somewhere else of people complaining about not being able to update that? so I thought that would be maybe interesting.. and that being said only gate not working is pretty awesome I think. But wondering all the last post questions..

Uleat
04-27-2013, 09:46 PM
I'll definitely defer to George on his tools..I've never used them personally, but I hear they are pretty good :)

Sometimes the database schema changes and he has to update his tools, but the only major problem I can remember has to
do with Windows Media Center edition.

As to Gate, I can say that I've never used that on the Emu. I know there are several 'Home Points' that are used differently.
Have you tried to actually bind someone and then have them gate?

We no longer use the SVN repository. This link directs to the new one: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server
(You will need to use either the Git command line or a compatible interface program.)

The newest guide (still needs some personal/offline info..I believe)
http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=CategoryServer

I would not switch over to the Git source code until someone says that George's repack is ok to use with it. I'm not familiar with his
in particular, but some repacks are incompatible with newer source code, and require older revisions.

tiarabobera
04-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Thank you for responding =) yes we tried it several times with different toons didn't work, on the gate part. Not sure what is wrong there. The git-hub thing, isn't compatable cuz I tried it once with back up of original of course, didn't work, thinking of trying to compile again to use it, though. We did start having zone crashes when bots are in zone, read a post about the binaries doing that, so thinking that's happening to us... going to try again gate did work on the one I successfully compiled though so do know it's not the spell file being wrong at least =)
Thank you for your links =)
Happy Hunting

tiarabobera
04-28-2013, 09:05 PM
update redone the repack with rev2098 bots/peqrev2506 no more zone crashes so far... gate still doesn't work tho boggles head, but no big deal will search around for that answer, long as it's working :smile:
all editing tools work wonderfully =)

GeorgeS
04-29-2013, 12:45 PM
What I can do is upload my database zipped and the spell file so you can troubleshoot from that. I'll upload it tonight.

eqemu code/perl/mysql changes version often as does the database, and things don't work perfect forever.

..and I like coffee!

GeorgeS

tiarabobera
04-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Awesome ty so much, I would have to say I'd be perfectly happy with your whole thing bundled up in a repack and just update your repack/zip instead of the other ways I have tried lol =P
Everything you have works better, even when somethings wrong 4 people in the house are still on it playing =)
Yeah gotta agree on the coffee too!
Many thanks!
Hugs

Uleat
04-29-2013, 08:30 PM
I never said coffee was bad :P

I've probably put Juan Valdez's children through college!

tiarabobera
05-16-2013, 09:03 AM
I did fix gate =) it's all good now except that we updated to RoF and spells over low 70s don't seem to work, that I'm not sure about and reading other people's posts on messing up their spells makes me weary with messing with that quite yet.. used eqitems to edit a nice charm with gate and all love it. =)
hugs ty for your tools I do love them, probably have used npc loot editor the most for making merchants =)

GeorgeS
05-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Glad to hear it :)

George