PDA

View Full Version : Spell Importer/Exporter fails to run...

DrakePhoenix
02-05-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm trying to check out the spells_us.txt importer/exporter tool.

I have downloaded and installed the ODBC drivers, and used the test tool to make sure that the connection works (it does). And there are no *.ocx files in the resources folder for the tool, so nothing to run there.

When I run the tool normally it never pops up an application window at all and Process Explorer reports it as having started up in the background, no window, and not responding. If I start it as Admin, I get an error message stating "DB.INI Input Invalid or Missing".

The db.ini file exists in the tool's main directory. I also tried copying it over to the tool's resources directory, but received the same error. The contents of the db.ini file are as follows (except with my actual password)...

host=127.0.0.1
user=root
password=**********
database=peq
everquest_folder="C:\Program Files (x86)\EQEmu\Combined Titanium+UF+RoF"

I've tried both with and without the "everquest_folder" line, and I've tried both with and without quotes around the eq folder path, no change in any case.

Any suggestions on how I can get this to work? This would make editing/creating spells a lot easier for me, and I'd like to be able to work with it.

Thanks,
Drake Phoenix

wolfwalkereci
02-05-2014, 12:32 PM
export_spells.pl and import_spells.pl located in \utils\scripts
If you just want to export and import spell files you could use those.
Myself I still use Nulls to view spells so I use its import export function.

DrakePhoenix
02-06-2014, 07:17 PM
export_spells.pl and import_spells.pl located in \utils\scripts
If you just want to export and import spell files you could use those.
Myself I still use Nulls to view spells so I use its import export function.

Ah, brilliant! Thanks much :cool:

Drake Phoenix