PDA

View Full Version : Having issues.

Nerdgasm
04-30-2014, 10:22 PM
So, it was working a couple months ago, I changed added another router and put this computer on that router, re-opened the ports I think I was required to open and it's not letting me connect.

Akkadius
04-30-2014, 10:23 PM
So, it was working a couple months ago, I changed added another router and put this computer on that router, re-opened the ports I think I was required to open and it's not letting me connect.

EOC is working just fine, there is something you need to troubleshoot on your end.

Nerdgasm
04-30-2014, 11:12 PM
I'll send you a message Akka with how the details look, maybe you can help.

Nerdgasm
04-30-2014, 11:49 PM
Alright, I sent you the picture, maybe you can make something of it, before I connected the sub router it was fine, but we went from 3 people logging online to 8.. So, we connected another router up, I'm now on that router... All information is posted.

Cassieze
04-30-2014, 11:55 PM
Could it be your subaddress?

When the power went out at my house yesterday it reset the subaddress on this computer which doesnt get automatically updated by the router.

Make an exception for port 3306 to your exact current ip (or the ip with the database) on the new router

lerxst2112
04-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Do both routers have external IP addresses or is one router connected to the other router?

If the router you're connected to has an external address then opening the ports on it should work, but if the routers are connected in series so you're on the internal router you will need to do some more work.

On the router that has the external address set the internal router to be the DMZ host, then do the port forwarding on the internal router and you should be ok.

Having two routers generally doesn't make things any easier. If you ran out of ports to plug things into it would be better to get a switch and use that to give you more ports.

Nerdgasm
05-01-2014, 01:28 AM
Ones connected to another, I've gone to both the Belkin and Comcast's router ip's, both have allowances to every port required to run the EoC. I might not have the internal as the DMZ host...

Akkadius
05-01-2014, 02:00 AM
You don't really want to use two routers... That is really messy especially with home grade routers, I wouldn't even try.

Like Lerxst said, if you need more ports use a switch. Switch will just do L2 MAC switching and the router can take care of the routing.

There should be nothing between you and the router facing the internet besides maybe a switch.

<Internet Cloud of Magical Fairies> <Router> <PC>
OR
<Internet Cloud of Magical Fairies> <Router> <Switch> <PC>

Nerdgasm
05-01-2014, 03:06 AM
Never thought of throwing a switch in the mix. I'll have to go pick one up. I just happened to have a router on hand and figured why the hell not. I spose I could if I really wanted to just reconnect my computer back up to the router that is upstairs versus the one that is down here and it'd work that way - It would seem to be easier to just get a switch... I also lost the password to the Comcast router... Lol. Luckily they are easily factor reset.

I'll go pick up a switch tomorrow and try again I spose. Thanks!

Nerdgasm
05-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Was actually very easy to fix. I Was going to get a switch then I saw for a decent one it was like, 80 bucks... so I said screw that and change a couple settings in both routers and eventually it worked. So, yay. Thanks guys.

lerxst2112
05-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Hmm, both switches I use were less than $20 on sale at NewEgg. Anyway, glad you got it working. :)