PDA

View Full Version : v0.2.3 Problems

Wraith
02-12-2002, 06:58 PM
Well I got on the site today and saw the new verson so I installed all the files and blew away my old eq database. I sourced the new one in the package just fine.

After starting the minilogin, world and boot5zones.bat I noticed a exception being thrown in all of the zone9x windows. It says the merchant_id column is missing from table npc_types. I'm guessing with the new merchant code you needed this but it didn't make the new db.sql script.

Next problem I have is it takes around 5 min to get from the server select screen to the char select screen. I create a char then try to enter the world and it disconnects. This happens every time. So I close down EQ and notice my PC is laggy as hell. I tried bringing up the display settings on the desktop (to check to see if I was in 16 bit and I was) and it took 5 seconds or so to bring up which is horriblely long. The whole system seems laggy so I close all the zone processes, world and login processes. My system returns to normal.

Next I decide to revert back to the old minilogin, zone9x and world.exe files v0.2.2. I only copy those 3 old files to the EMU directory (Overwrote the v0.2.3 ones). I start everything up and it works like a charm. Takes about 1 min to get to the char select screen now and soon as I select enter world within like 10 seconds I am in EQ. I'm not sure if this is just me, but I thought I would mention it.

Shawn319
02-12-2002, 07:26 PM
Are you using luclin? if so turn off all the models and lower the texture quality.

It takes me about 15 +- secs seconds to get from server select to in-game ( 5-10 secs to load char select screen and 5-10 secs to load world)

Wraith
02-12-2002, 07:33 PM
I have luclin installed and all the models turned on, but I wasn't in any Luclin zones. My question would be why does everything load so fast using the previous version of the emu? I am running v0.2.2 just fine. My computer is only a p3 500 so that is probably why I don't load up as fast as you. All I know is that on my system without changing any EQ settings v2 vs v3 there is a huge load time difference and that I get disconnected right after the char select screen in the new version. In v2 I am just like you and it takes about 10 seconds to get from the char select screen into game.

Shawn319
02-12-2002, 07:35 PM
hmmm, maby something changed that makes it lag more. I havn't made my own server since 0.1.9 because i'v been spending all my time on gotfrags hehe.

maby someone elce can answer that question.

Hmm
02-12-2002, 07:39 PM
well with 2.3 the #level is currently broken.

eqadmin cant change it either.

Wraith
02-12-2002, 07:39 PM
I like to run my stuff all local so I don't tie up my phone line. Unfortunately I'm not one of the lucky people to have high speed internet avalaible :( in my area. Thanks for the quick response Shawn; I appreciate it...

Wraith
02-12-2002, 07:43 PM
well with 2.3 the #level is currently broken.

eqadmin cant change it either.

I was noticing some weird stuff with the admin tool recently. I equiped my character using the tool and when I got in game the items were all in the wrong slots. Funny thing is when I check the admin tool now it says my robe is equipped on my feet. *shrug*.

Shawn319
02-12-2002, 08:05 PM
EQ Emu Admin tool, although an extremly usefull tool (Thanks windcatcher :) ) , is made by a third party and may not always be totally acurate. I'm sure Windcatcher is trying his best to get rid of all bugs.

madborg
02-12-2002, 11:24 PM
My first question is what patchlevel of EQ do you have?

The reason why I ask is last night I had a terrible experience with EQ as a result of their latest patches. I had freezes, frequent zone crashes, initial zone lag, slow responses to my inventory clicks and so on. Part of the problem could be attrilbuted to my ISP -- don't know how many times the ISP dropped the line. The zone choking may also have been caused by my ISP because every time I entered a zone I had to stop and wait for the packet loss numbers to settle down to green. Oh and I also got GPF every single time I exited the client.

Wraith
02-13-2002, 02:58 AM
Personally I haven't patched since the last time they did a server patch (Didn't update when the server's were brought down yesterday). With v 0.2.2 the EQ code I have runs great and v 0.2.3 I can't get it to run at all.

Windcatcher
02-13-2002, 05:59 AM
Interesting. Both 0.2.2 and 0.2.3 run fine for me, especially with Admin 2.4. Of course I haven't patched today :)

- make sure db.ini and loginserver.ini are correct, with no trailing spaces on each line

- make sure you have the new 0.2.3 datbase

- make sure to check the inventories of any characters with Admin 2.4. It's been upgraded to the new SoL packet structure and the EQ client may crash if inventories are wrong.

WC

P.S. I'll check the character level setting in the admin tool tonight.

an_old_EQmage
02-13-2002, 06:25 AM
Hello guys:

installed 2.3 yesterday and played around with it didn't notice major problem, #level command works for me too. however here are some weird things that I noticed:

1. how come the character selection screen is never updated? I have a warrior all deck up in warlord's armor but it still shows him naked, or with some plat armor instead.

2. How come Tunare has male voice when I spawn her? you know those attack sound that npc make when they are attacking.

3. anyone getting weird graphic from sleeper? I don't know if it's my graphic card's problem or not, but when I spawn sleeper I only see its head, I have to move around to see the whole body, hmm...

4. Cobalt Greaves is still missing, hehe just FYI.

5. how do I make another account for my friend to join my server? I tried adding an acct with EQadmin but it didn't work. Seems like when using minilogin, no matter what station name and password you type you always can get in, it doesn't have to be eqemu/eqemu either, wondering why..

oh well that's about it for now =)

flipper
02-13-2002, 08:37 AM
1. If you stop seeing your armor in-game, just relog and it will be back to normal. I don't know how to address the character select screen issue.

3. Sleeper has been problematic for a while now. Find another mob to entertain yourself with.

4. Yup. You'll have to live with alternative pants for now...
#itemsearch champion

5. If you're using the minilogin, you can't. Only the eqemu account works for minilogin. You'll have to share that account with your buddy. If you're using gotfrags, then his account will automagically be created when he logs into your server. You can then change his account status via the #flag command or via the Eqemu Admin Tool. For instance, if your bud has a login name (ie account name) of phatloser, then to make him a GM do:
#flag phatloser 100

1. how come the character selection screen is never updated? I have a warrior all deck up in warlord's armor but it still shows him naked, or with some plat armor instead.

3. anyone getting weird graphic from sleeper? I don't know if it's my graphic card's problem or not, but when I spawn sleeper I only see its head, I have to move around to see the whole body, hmm...

4. Cobalt Greaves is still missing, hehe just FYI.

5. how do I make another account for my friend to join my server? I tried adding an acct with EQadmin but it didn't work. Seems like when using minilogin, no matter what station name and password you type you always can get in, it doesn't have to be eqemu/eqemu either, wondering why..

Yuri
02-14-2002, 07:50 PM
I finally set up a second computer as my server... using 2.3

I tried to get eqemu working after patching SOL, but no luck
I couldn't get eqw or eqgame to work with it, just kept getting kicked after hitting 'enter world' I thought it was a problem with 2.3 but it's not

I had a backup of SOL and tried it, worked like a charm...
Don't know what Sony screwed up, but i'm sticking to the version i have for a while :)

If you patched EQ and can't connect anymore, try using your backup!

Jcomer
02-19-2002, 10:19 AM
After recent trouble trying to connect to world, it finally worked, only problem is the zone9x. when i start it it loads all spells and everything fine. but when it tries to connect to the server it fails, error 10016, what does this mean???

Plz tell me what is wrong so i can fix it.

Thanks 8)