PDA

View Full Version : Couple things im trying to implement

Bandor
12-15-2014, 09:17 PM
So let me start by saying im a complete rookie but im a decent learner imo lol. There are a couple things im trying to get help implementing to my server any help would be appreciated.

1. Making Pal's and Sk's Dual Wield. Ive researched this topic and found a code that seems to be what im looking for but have questions on it.

DELIMITER $$
CREATE PROCEDURE setSkillCap(iskill int, iclass int, ibase int, imult int, istart int, istop int)
BEGIN
DECLARE i INT DEFAULT 1;
SET i = istart;
WHILE(i < istop) DO
INSERT INTO skill_caps VALUES (iskill, iclass, i, (ibase + (i*imult)));
SET i = i + 1;
END WHILE;
END$$
DELIMITER ;

It follows to say:
Now if you want to let beastlords have double attack from level 30,

call setSkillCap(20, 15, 5, 5, 30, 71);

My question is what do I edit to get this set for Pal's and Sk's to get the ability at level 13 and do I just source the code in SQL after completing?

2. Attempting to redefine the tanking classes. Is there any way of changing the base mitigation on a per class basis? Im thinking this would be the best and cleanest way to make the Paladin a raid tank and the warrior a group tank,though im open to ideas.

3. On my server tanks wear shields. So im curious is there anyway I can modify the amount of hate generated by bash at the base level. And possibly attack aswell. And if so would this be achievable on a class by class basis or would it effect all classes?

Bandor
12-16-2014, 02:12 PM
still searching for answers havent got any clear defined results yet. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bohbo
12-26-2014, 12:42 PM
I would like to see how you do this (dual wield issue). I am thinking you are going to have to definitely edit the source code somewhere.

You can change the mitigation properties pretty well with the rules_values table. I think Pal and SK are lumped together though (Knights) but you can manipulate gap between them, monks and Warriors pretty easily there.

Bandor
12-28-2014, 01:18 AM
Found 2 rows in rule_values, Knights and PalandSHDACSoftCapReturn changed them both so that should solve that. The Duel Wield thing has been failing thus far. Ive gave pal's the skill and all that good stuff but he refuses to put the sword in his hand lol

trevius
12-29-2014, 01:50 PM
I know that adding dual wield to classes that don't normally get it is impossible on older clients because it is hard coded into the client itself. Newer clients (maybe SoD+) have a skills.txt file (or some similar name) that includes all of the skills each class should get and when. You can edit that file to give skills to classes however you want. I believe you can import/export those files using the new import/export tools available with the source (though I have not used them yet personally).

Doing this would require that all players on your server need to download the custom skills file and save it in their EQ folder. I am still not sure if certain things like dual wield are hard coded in the client, but I do know you can add at least some skills to classes that don't normally get them by editing the skills file in the client.

Bandor
12-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Been awhile since ive messed with it but I did change the skill values and such,pretty much anything with the word skill in them lol but couldnt get it to work. Seems to be a bit beyond my knowledge atm but might try again in the future.

Bandor
12-29-2014, 03:04 PM
running UF client btw