12-24-2014, 02:06 PM
GeorgeS,

FYI, the following fields had their names changed to correct a spelling error:

d_meele_texture1
d_meele_texture2

They were renamed to the following (the "L" in melee was moved):

d_melee_texture1
d_melee_texture2

Your NPC Tools will need to be updated to support the change. Hopefully this type of thing doesn't get changed too often, but it is nice to get some spelling corrections in (especially for people who are anal about that).

Thanks for all you do!

Bohbo
01-06-2015, 03:49 AM
GeorgeS,

FYI, the following fields had their names changed to correct a spelling error:

d_meele_texture1
d_meele_texture2

They were renamed to the following (the "L" in melee was moved):

d_melee_texture1
d_melee_texture2

Your NPC Tools will need to be updated to support the change. Hopefully this type of thing doesn't get changed too often, but it is nice to get some spelling corrections in (especially for people who are anal about that).

Thanks for all you do!

I have grown very dependent on this tool. I came to post this and thankfully Trev beat me to it. Thanks for the tool George it is a lifesaver.

Cassieze
02-05-2015, 11:15 PM
are there any workarounds currently for this?

Zodl
02-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Sort of. Standard - "I'm not responsible for any errors this may cause / back your database up" disclaimer applies.

Edit - I recommend following Trevius's advice in his reply, his understanding is deeper than mine. My server is private, and does not use the public EQ Emu logon.

If you open up your MySQL editing tool (Hiede SQL/MySQL workbench, even the command prompt will work), I can get the NPC loot editor to work by running the following commands:

login using -u root -p
*password*
use peq; (Or your database name)

alter table npc_types add column d_meele_texture1 integer;
alter table npc_types add column d_meele_texture2 integer;

I'm not sure what these values function is in the EQ database, and the tool will be referencing a shell column. You're just creating an empty column, so the tool has a place to look.

If you try to update these values using the tool, it will place them into the these shell columns that aren't used.

But I have been able to modify spawn groups this way, I plan on doing some loot editing later. Basically I expect the tool to allow you to modify anything except these two fields that have been renamed.

trevius
02-07-2015, 10:10 PM
Sort of. Standard - "I'm not responsible for any errors this may cause / back your database up" disclaimer applies.

If you open up your MySQL editing tool (Hiede SQL/MySQL workbench, even the command prompt will work), I can get the NPC loot editor to work by running the following commands:

login using -u root -p
*password*
use peq; (Or your database name)

alter table npc_types add column d_meele_texture1 integer;
alter table npc_types add column d_meele_texture2 integer;

I'm not sure what these values function is in the EQ database, and the tool will be referencing a shell column. You're just creating an empty column, so the tool has a place to look.

If you try to update these values using the tool, it will place them into the these shell columns that aren't used.

But I have been able to modify spawn groups this way, I plan on doing some loot editing later. Basically I expect the tool to allow you to modify anything except these two fields that have been renamed.

I would not recommend anyone run this change unless they plan on only doing it while their server is offline and they plan on reversing the change before starting their server up again. If not, NPCs will fail to load due to mysql errors.

Tanyard
03-11-2015, 01:31 AM
So what can I do to be able to open the npc_loot_edit.exe without corrupting the DB? Wait for a fix?

Akkadius
03-11-2015, 01:35 AM
So what can I do to be able to open the npc_loot_edit.exe without corrupting the DB? Wait for a fix?

Wait for a fix or use: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37343