PDA

View Full Version : RIP GeorgeS Tools?

chrsschb
05-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Anyone heard from GeorgeS in a while? Love all the work Akkadius has done with EOC but can't deny some of GeorgeS tools were extremely powerful and user friendly.

Was hoping they'd eventually team up and create some mega tool. Preferably a standalone version.

Shendare
05-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Forum profile says he was last online in December. Likely just busy with RL stuff right now. I wouldn't count him out or anything. His tools are indeed awesome!

As for the other, I'm quietly working on a locally hosted asp.net world-building database editor system to satisfy my own needs for highly customized server plans, and will be making the full source code freely available once it's in a decent beta testing state, so anyone can use it on their local system.

Akkadius
05-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Anyone heard from GeorgeS in a while? Love all the work Akkadius has done with EOC but can't deny some of GeorgeS tools were extremely powerful and user friendly.

Was hoping they'd eventually team up and create some mega tool. Preferably an offline version.

I had plans to flesh out the rest of the NPC Editor suite on EoC but my time has been nil lately.

EoC is on Github: https://github.com/Akkadius/EQEmuEOC

I plan to get back to finishing it eventually, just can't say anything for immediacy.

Shendare
05-07-2015, 03:29 PM
+1

It's fantastic so far, Akkadius.

chrsschb
05-07-2015, 03:38 PM
As I was editing many merchants today in PEQeditor I quickly fell to tear at how much I miss the simplicity of the npc & loot editor for doing merchants.

Your EOC online version is much more preferable to me than setting up a VM for it. The standalone-ness of the tools is what made them so good.

As for the functionality I already mentioned the two big ones for me in your sub-forum (spawngroups and merchants).

Akkadius
05-07-2015, 03:42 PM
As I was editing many merchants today in PEQeditor I quickly fell to tear at how much I miss the simplicity of the npc & loot editor for doing merchants.

Your EOC online version is much more preferable to me than setting up a VM for it. The standalone-ness of the tools is what made them so good.

As for the functionality I already mentioned the two big ones for me in your sub-forum (spawngroups and merchants).

It wouldn't take me long to do a merchant editor and it would be extremely fast and convenient.

The large benefit with EoC is that it is extremely responsive and intuitive (In my biased opinion) and you can have multiple database connections if you need to. It's just super nice.

I was hoping people would see the Github and see how easy it really is to expand upon tools and modules and help contribute over time.

But regardless, once again, I really am stocked up for time at the moment.

Shendare
05-07-2015, 03:45 PM
I have seriously considered talking with you about helping out with EOC, Akkadius. Unfortunately, the entirety of my study and experience with development is in the Microsoft world. It's been enough of a stretch for me doing quests in Perl and Lua instead of C# and Javascript, and learning the intricacies of MySQL vs MSSQL. I couldn't possibly pick up php as well. :(

chrsschb
05-07-2015, 04:19 PM
It wouldn't take me long to do a merchant editor and it would be extremely fast and convenient.

The large benefit with EoC is that it is extremely responsive and intuitive (In my biased opinion) and you can have multiple database connections if you need to. It's just super nice.

I was hoping people would see the Github and see how easy it really is to expand upon tools and modules and help contribute over time.

But regardless, once again, I really am stocked up for time at the moment.

I love EOC don't get me wrong. I'm just in the middle of doing a boatload of spawn/merchant editing haha.

Now that I think of it, tradeskill editor? :D

NatedogEZ
05-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Was it George's tools that had the Mass item add for a merchantlist?

chrsschb
05-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Was it George's tools that had the Mass item add for a merchantlist?

Yeah.

10char

castleman74
07-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Not sure where to post this so I'll put it here. Is there any way to import recipes from eqtraders with any of these tools or any others?

rhyotte
07-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Shendare,

I too would like very much to see you and Akkakius working together on EoC... PHP is far from vile. The two of you together can get the big picture near to complete much faster than each solo!

Asylum
07-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Like myself, many of you enjoyed some of the wonderful features of GeorgeS' npc_loot_editor. I prefer to use it as I have already learned the ins and outs of it and can use if "offline" and not tied to a website like EOC. The only reason it no longer runs with the latest source (as of 7/5/15) is because the d_meele_texture1 and d_meele_texture2 column heading were corrected (spelling) to d_meele_texture1 and d_melee_texture2, respectively. In order to use the tools, just do the following:

Duplicate the two columns (actually rows) in the npc_types table d_melee_texture1 & d_melee_texture2 and name them d_meele_texture1 & d_meele_texture2.

The fields will remain empty and unused but their existance will allow the editor's exe to run. Your only restriction will be if you want to use those fields to have npc's show visible items/weapons in hand, edit them (the spelling corrected d_melee_texture#) using HeidiSQL or Navicat or whatever interface you have.

This works for the current link of programs on GeorgeS' site (as of 7/5/15).

Once again, thank you GeorgeS for making these tools.

Uleat
07-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Is there any way to create a 'handler' for these in the database?

Like, through an event, or other db action, that will redirect the query?

Kingly_Krab
07-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Like myself, many of you enjoyed some of the wonderful features of GeorgeS' npc_loot_editor. I prefer to use it as I have already learned the ins and outs of it and can use if "offline" and not tied to a website like EOC. The only reason it no longer runs with the latest source (as of 7/5/15) is because the d_meele_texture1 and d_meele_texture2 column heading were corrected (spelling) to d_meele_texture1 and d_melee_texture2, respectively. In order to use the tools, just do the following:

Duplicate the two columns (actually rows) in the npc_types table d_melee_texture1 & d_melee_texture2 and name them d_meele_texture1 & d_meele_texture2.

The fields will remain empty and unused but their existance will allow the editor's exe to run. Your only restriction will be if you want to use those fields to have npc's show visible items/weapons in hand, edit them (the spelling corrected d_melee_texture#) using HeidiSQL or Navicat or whatever interface you have.

This works for the current link of programs on GeorgeS' site (as of 7/5/15).

Once again, thank you GeorgeS for making these tools.
This will break all NPCs in the game, as you're telling him to change a column that is referenced in the source code on multiple occasions and not actually telling him to change the source behind it. I'm not sure why people don't use EOC, it's a great system written for the sole purpose of being dynamic and easily updated.

ghanja
07-05-2015, 09:32 PM
This will break all NPCs in the game, as you're telling him to change a column that is referenced in the source code on multiple occasions and not actually telling him to change the source behind it. I'm not sure why people don't use EOC, it's a great system written for the sole purpose of being dynamic and easily updated.

d_meele_texture1

Is actually still referenced in the source? If not, then, what he said was sound and proper English instructions.

As to the EOC and whether or not people use it, because they don't want to? Or, they wish to use it only as a supplement to an application that they're used to, thus likely efficient in. EOC is powerful, the coding behind it is appreciated, however, I personally, do not like the color schemes. And when you are color deficient like me, it may make a very huge difference. Though to correct Asylum just a tad, it IS portable (EOC, or at least it was available) but, not exactly straight forward/easy peasy, certainly nowhere as easy as double clicking an EXE file from a windows explorer.

If none of that makes sense, obviously, different strokes for different folks. But, I'm sure you do (or should) understand it to a point. After all, you changed a long standing d_meele_texture1 to d_melee_texture1 only to correct spelling. :)

The only thing it really did accomplish was break GeorgeS' tools. But, that's my opinion, as I said, different strokes different folks. Good day.

Kingly_Krab
07-05-2015, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I understand what Asylum said, he's telling him to add useless columns to use an out-dated tool, I misread when I said it would break NPCs, as I thought he meant to rename the columns, not add duplicates. Either way, this is pointless.

Asylum
07-06-2015, 01:13 AM
The point was regaining a functional npc_loot_editor that I prefer to use. Anyone who wants to use the EoC editor is welcome to do so, I'm not discouraging that. I'm simply making a tool usable once more. Use it, call it outdated, don't use it, up to the individual.

Uleat
07-06-2015, 01:26 PM
We will probably see more server changes, in the near future, that will only add to the incompatibility issue of non-active tools.

I haven't seen GeorgeS on in a long time..I hope he's ok.

Shendare
07-06-2015, 01:35 PM
I think Akka also has made EOC available on Github as a way of letting people download it to their local machines for running on a local web server, so they don't need the internet or to connect their database to an outside system.

While it's not as simple as running an executable, I remember getting Apache and PHP running on a home server some years back to use a piece of software that required it, and I'm a total newb at non-Microsoft web stuff.

Kingly_Krab
07-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Here you guys go, I hex-edited the program to use the new columns: NPC Editor (http://uppit.com/c15owno0r6lq/npc_loot_edit.rar)

Shendare
07-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Heh heh. Kingly Krab, the hero we need.

Kingly_Krab
07-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Well, it was Demonstar55's suggestion, all I did was download the Notepad++ HexEditor plugin and change meele to melee anywhere I found it. I tested it and it doesn't crash for me, so it should be good. We just need that .exe to be added to the tools file on chrsschb's website so that when people download it it's already compatible.

Shendare
07-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Notepad++ has a HexEditor plugin that's decent? I'll have to take a look. wxHexEditor is a bit long in the tooth these days.

Kingly_Krab
07-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Yeah, it does, check here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins/files/Hex%20Editor/).

Shendare
07-06-2015, 02:52 PM
Ah, it's pretty basic. Good to know, though. And I'm sure your npc loot editor patch will be appreciated.

Kingly_Krab
07-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Haha, I did it for people that may still use it, I may not use it myself, but I know how inconvenient it is for things to be deprecated to the point of literal uselessness.

Huppy
12-04-2015, 11:34 PM
I haven't tried the EOC, I'm still using George's NPC Editor, but the only thing (for my needs)
that I can't do when I add items to a new merchant NPC is set the pricing. But I just use
other avenues to do that.

provocating
12-04-2015, 11:36 PM
I haven't tried the EOC, I'm still using George's NPC Editor, but the only thing (for my needs)
that I can't do when I add items to a new merchant NPC is set the pricing. But I just use

PeqEditor?

chrsschb
12-06-2015, 11:37 PM

pp/gg/ss/cc prices are set on the item itself. Alternate Currency prices are set on the vendor.

Use PEQEditor, EOC, or just straight database editing.

Warking
02-01-2016, 05:54 AM
George's tools still works with current build for zone and NPC editor. Awesome and powerful took for mass zone NPC edits. It will throw a connection error but then it loads and it is actually connected. Just ignore the error and it still works fine.

GeorgeS
10-13-2016, 04:04 PM
Hey guys, I was emailed by admin and told about updating the tools to the newest schema, so I'm back now, and working on the tools so they work as they did then.

Sorry about the depreciation of the tools, but they should be easy to get working again. Just give me time and I'll get you an estimate and progress bar on each tool completion.

I was away for a year, I must admit, but if you guys have issues, just email me at wizardportal@email dot com and I'll check back

Thanks
GeorgeS

jpyou127
10-13-2016, 04:11 PM
WOOHOOO!!

Celestial

Mortow
10-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Good to see you bac George. I couldn't live without your NPC editing tool. I love it.

GeorgeS
12-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Still around here one in a while. Looks like the webpage is taken down and I'll need to put in in dropbox or something after tools are checked and updated.

write to me at wizardportal at email dot com

Georges

ChaosSlayerZ
01-23-2019, 01:42 AM
Hey George!
I hope you are well.
Long time fan of your tools and would love to get my hands of your Item Editor again ;)

spiritchaser
01-23-2019, 02:43 AM
Not sure if I am supposed to do this but this is his editor from my own files. It includes the npc and item editor. https://tinyurl.com/georges-tools-backup I hope it helps.

ChaosSlayerZ
01-23-2019, 08:55 AM
Is it up to date with current DB?

spiritchaser
01-23-2019, 09:09 AM
It was the last one available before that site was down. I still use them on my stuff here.

ChaosSlayerZ
01-29-2019, 09:15 AM
can't seem to get them to run - getting file not found error

spiritchaser
01-30-2019, 04:34 PM
Did you run the other mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.10 ? (needed for item editor) I included that in the zip file. It's not the same connector used for his npc editor, but both connectors can be installed. I also found on my own setup, the item editor won't work unless I click off the music button when I first run it. I assume you also run the register ocx bat file ?

ChaosSlayerZ
01-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Did you run the other mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.10 ? (needed for item editor) I included that in the zip file. It's not the same connector used for his npc editor, but both connectors can be installed. I also found on my own setup, the item editor won't work unless I click off the music button when I first run it. I assume you also run the register ocx bat file ?

I have installed the connector, but will recheck on the ocx once I get home.
Thanks!

chrsschb
01-30-2019, 06:10 PM
The website had a redirect that got embedded and needed to clean it up, forgot to fix permissions when I was done.

My host flagged it again so I'll fix it when I get home.

ChaosSlayerZ
01-31-2019, 08:47 PM
Getting multiple errors when trying to run register_ocx.bat

spiritchaser
01-31-2019, 09:47 PM
It's been awhile, but I do believe I ended up running each of those manually from inside the resources folder, instead of using the batch file because I was getting errors. Not sure if that will take care of your issue.
regsvr32 a.ocx
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx
regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
regsvr32 VFmp3player.ocx
regsvr32 quartz.dll
regsvr32 MSHFLXGD.OCX

pharone1
02-18-2019, 12:11 PM
I'm going to try these tools out when I get home from work tonight, and I was wondering is it compatible with Maria DB and has anybody set it up accessing Maria instead of Mysql?

My install of EQemu is on Maria (that's how it came, I'm not that knowledgable about Maria and Mysql. I just use what it gives me, and I'm learning as I go lol.

unhing3d
04-14-2020, 09:22 AM
I'm going to try these tools out when I get home from work tonight, and I was wondering is it compatible with Maria DB and has anybody set it up accessing Maria instead of Mysql?

My install of EQemu is on Maria (that's how it came, I'm not that knowledgable about Maria and Mysql. I just use what it gives me, and I'm learning as I go lol.

MariaDB is a fork of mySQL it's essentially the same thing as far as I know

GeorgeS
10-31-2020, 04:12 PM
I updated the tools to work for the current installer, and also completed a spell editor which you can try. I'll need to make a tutorial for it.
If I can get access to the webpage, I'll get that updated, but currently the link below has the direct DL for the tools

tools download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SFU2GMqat4_uGvPgqc1P_0LsGz4fuEj1/view?usp=sharing

Huppy
10-31-2020, 05:01 PM
I updated the tools to work for the current installer, and also completed a spell editor which you can try. I'll need to make a tutorial for it.
If I can get access to the webpage, I'll get that updated, but currently the link below has the direct DL for the tools

THANK YOU Very Much ! :)

chrsschb
11-06-2020, 06:13 PM

Sent you a PM :D

ChaosSlayerZ
11-07-2020, 01:12 PM

tools download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SFU2GMqat4_uGvPgqc1P_0LsGz4fuEj1/view?usp=sharing

OMG George! I needed you so much right now! I can't use EOC because my modem is like Iron Curtain - nothing gets through, so your tools, SPECIALLY the Spell Editor is God sent!

Thank YOU!