PDA

View Full Version : 0.2.3 comments/merchant bugs

Drawde
02-13-2002, 09:11 AM
You've done a really great job with 0.2.3 - the merchant lists seem to work perfectly, and the updated item DB is a great improvement. Maybe it's just my imagination but combat also seems a bit better now (at least, I managed to kill a Large Rat today with a level-1 warrior wielding a rusty longsword, without cheating, which must be a first!). The Size value for monsters also seems to be used. And the emulator overall seems to run much smoother and more reliably (though I still get quite a few "You Have Been Disconnected" errors 20 seconds or so after entering a zone)

However there are a couple of bugs/problems I noticed that might be fixable:

Firstly, all your money seems to vanish when you zone or die (although shop purchases/sales are now retained).

Secondly, if an item list contains a "bad" item number that doesn't exist in the DB (which is easy to do if you misread a number or make a typo) then it crashes zone.exe when you access a shopkeeper using that list. Would it be possible to instead give an error message (e.g "bad item number #xxxxx"), this would make debugging merchant lists a lot easier!

Also, merchant item lists seem to have a maximum size of about 30-40 items, any items after that don't show up - is this a hardcoded limitation of EQ, or just a limit coded into the emulator?

Anyway, great job with 0.2.3, I'm having plenty of fun trying out the new features in it!

Yodason
02-13-2002, 02:04 PM
1. money is not being saved right now I can try and fix
2. Will do
3. Any items after 29 do not show up, If there are others they are ignored so it does not crash client.

Drawde
02-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I'll have to work around problem 3 by "splitting up" things like spell scrolls, herbs etc over several merchant lists, and having weapons merchants sell either low- or high-value items.