PDA

View Full Version : Enter World Problem

Lurker_005
11-23-2002, 09:55 AM
From the Char select screen it seems that the zones aren't fully starting before world hands the client off to it. This rsults in a brief zone unavaliable message then Disconnection message and getting kicked back to the server screen. Once I loged into a zone already running, I could zone around just fine.

Granted this was with the server and client on the same machine, and a slower one to boot. But there should be a little better check before handing the client off to the zone server.

11-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Lurker,

I am afraid the problem is that you patched it as of last night. It doesn't work with the EQEmu. However try replacing eqmain.dll with an earlier version and it will give you this problem. I guess we are out of luck.

-Wizzel :)

Lurker_005
11-23-2002, 01:10 PM
Did the same before I patched the eqmain.dll (lastnights patch)

And I can login, the zone requested just has to be running already. And once in, zoning works fine.

11-24-2002, 06:53 AM
Lurker, are you logging into a MiniLogin Account? What expansions do you have? System Specs? We will try and fix this problem together.

-Wizzel :)

Lurker_005
11-24-2002, 10:56 AM
Well I was using th EQEmu login, all expansions, P2400 256MB ram running XP (said it was slow)

Like I said, both server and client running on the same machine

Syntaks
11-24-2002, 01:10 PM
Might be just a slow handoff between zones. Probably Ram related. If the zone you're going to loads too slowly, the zone you were in basically "drops the ball" .. e.g, your character. Best bet is to preload.

I also find, for some reason, using the #zone command gets me there faster. *shrugs*