PDA

View Full Version : A couple of problems preventing use.

1018BootsYou
02-13-2002, 02:30 PM
EDIT Note: When I first read the sticky about EQw and the latest patch, I seen the date the fellow registered on the board and without thinking too much about it, passed it off as an old post. Doh. I feel silly now. :) So I'm cutting that part out of this post. Sorry folks.

Hm, maybe I should delete the database, and reperform that part of the installation process.... any thoughts? Ideas?

-------

When I attempt to log into my own server, one of two things occure: Either the zone server crashes, or EQw crashes. Both after character select. :|

For the better part of this afternoon I haven't seen the zone crash (although I did once this morning), although EQw unloading after selecting a character is a constant.

The message from the zoneserver window is pasted below, for whatever help it may be.

I've deleted items and all of my characters but it's possible (?) that the two Vah'Shir had something to do with it, since this all started happening after I made the Vah'Shir Rogue -- I don't have Luclin, but I figured technically I had everything I needed for it, and I was right. It worked fine. I ran around for a few hours in kitty form, #spawning things to fight.

Well, it seems something got flubbered, 'cause it's been refusing to load any characater into any zone ever since.

Below is the paste from the zoneserver, with my IP and character name removed because, well, I'm paranoid:

New client from ip: ---.---.---.--- port:1315
Login packet 1
Login packet 2
Client disconnected (!pm.CA): CharName
Client disconnected (cs=d): Client disconnected (!pm.CA): CharName
CharName
Dropping client: Process=false, ip=---.---.---.---, port=1315
Automatic shutdown
Zone shutdown: going to sleep

When I load into regular EQ using EQw, it does not crash.

The IP address is correct. I've become used to re-setting the IP address after each reboot and such. *grins*

Thanks folks, and this is one heck of a system you have going here.

1018, Yet Another Memorable Time In EQ History
Working As Intended. :D

madborg
02-13-2002, 07:31 PM
nothing jumps out at me.

You say you had it work and now it is not -- correct?
Then maybe its a good idea to drop your database, create it, source db.sql and see what you get.

If everything is fine, then go ahead and add in the item db and whatever else you add.

This reminds me:

there is a sqldump command that can be used

mysqlhotcopy is for doing backups for for quick dumps and restores do:

mysqldump --opt database > yourbackup.sql

then to restore

mysql database <yourbackup.sql

or if you like the "source" command:

mysql -e "source /locationofyourdump/yourbackup.sql" database