PDA

View Full Version : EqEmu Admintool error

MercifulFate
11-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Im getting an error when EQ Admin starts up:

EXCEPTION: Table eq.quest dosnt exist

It wont let me modify or change any values in the database, when I try it give me an error:

tblQuests: cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset.

I set this up to the best of my knowledge using posts from the forums and have all my stuff setup right in prefs. I searched around and didnt see any posts on this error. If anyone can help out it would be appreciated. :)

Calabeth
11-26-2002, 03:32 PM
I am getting the same error also. Not sure what caused it as it worked fine with the 3.11 version.

Ok did some looking around in the files. It seems the Quest tbl info is missing from the 3.13 DB.

**edited to add info**

irageon
11-28-2002, 09:11 AM
rofl i have this problem too.. and had great mistake to find solution.. solution is .. nothing :-))
ignore this error message.. ignore all error messages about quest table. because quest table isn't imported...

btw > i have problem like this ...... when I trying to edit starting items .. I get error " tblstartingitems cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset..
and don't know what with this error :(

Calabeth
11-28-2002, 02:28 PM
Probably ignore that one also. What I did to get past teh quest tbl was loaded up the 3.11 DB into a eq311. I then went and cut the 3 quest files from the data area and dropped into into my eq db data storage.

Wham, Bang, Pow no more quest tbl error. Just back to the regular error box I get all the time when I commit changes.