PDA

View Full Version : Randomize Loot Function Per Zone

Jahosphat
12-29-2016, 05:12 PM
In the current tools there is a few buttons to add items by tier.. Low / Med / High items to a zone loot tables.. I love this tool..
The problem? It looks like it stops out at lvl 65 items. Is there some function to control the level tiers? Or a check to see how the database max level is set?

Thanks Team
J

Burningsoul
12-29-2016, 09:48 PM
I believe (it's been a few years) those are just presets labled as an .ini or .txt file somewhere in the program's directory tree - you could just open them up and add/replace the itemID's. You'd still have to look up the proper ItemIDs to put in it mind you, so it's not 1-click solution.

EDIT: Just checked, assuming you're using the loot_editor_randomizer tool, the lists subfolder has what you're looking for.

Splose
12-29-2016, 10:04 PM
The AddLoot plugin is the best way to do loot imo.

This is in the default.pl of one of my custom zones.. As you can see you can easily seperate it from the rest of your code and still easily be able to change your loot on the fly with a simple #reloadqst and #repop while still retaining the mobs original loot. If you aren't already familiar with it can read up on it here (http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Perl_Plugins_Master_Reference).

sub EVENT_SPAWN {
if($instanceversion == 1) {
my $SP = $npc->GetSp2();
my @roamers = (119506,119507);
my $StartMove = int(rand(15)) + 5;
$nn = $npc->GetCleanName();
if(grep( /^$SP$/i, @roamers)) {quest::settimer("roam", $StartMove);} #:: Start Yard Trash Roam Timers

#:: Loot ::#
my @tablet = (1660); #:: Tablet to start quest with researcher maeryn
my @scarab_loot = (1658);
my @scarab_rare_aug = (1659);
my @ghoul_loot = (1661);
my @scarecrow_loot = (1662);
my @mummy_loot = (1663);
my @worm_loot = (1664);
my @t1_set = (133200..133255);
plugin::AddLoot(1,500,@tablet);
if($nn=~/scarab/i) {plugin::AddLoot(1,4,@scarab_loot); plugin::AddLoot(1,5000,@scarab_rare_aug);}
if($nn=~/ghoul/i) {plugin::AddLoot(1,4,@ghoul_loot);}
if($nn=~/scarecrow/i) {plugin::AddLoot(1,4,@scarecrow_loot);}
if($nn=~/mummy/i) {plugin::AddLoot(1,4,@mummy_loot);}
if($nn=~/worm/i) {plugin::AddLoot(1,4,@worm_loot);}

###################

}
}