PDA

View Full Version : Problem with EQW

Fydd_01
11-30-2002, 06:39 AM
Hi. just got EQW, ran it, and when the EULA comes up I press "I Accept" Then it sas there is some sort of error; "DirectInput keyboard open failed!, code = 80070005" and then closes out of the EQW program. Can anyone help?

seqmage
11-30-2002, 08:07 PM
http://www.eqwindows.com/board/index.php

This is the official site for EQW, I would say try there.

Zedryx
12-01-2002, 01:34 AM
I had this prob but the only way i fixed it was by patching.... but then i can't play because i patched... my eqgame.exe and everquest.exe and whatever else are too new to join a server... and i guess they cannot be sent to me... you might get the same prob as me then again you might not.

madborg
12-01-2002, 12:18 PM
Hi. just got EQW, ran it, and when the EULA comes up I press "I Accept" Then it sas there is some sort of error; "DirectInput keyboard open failed!, code = 80070005" and then closes out of the EQW program. Can anyone help?

This problem comes up as part of the eqw loading process. The clue is that you are getting the message right at one of the opening screen before it even attempts to go to a login server.

As someone suggested, poke around the eqw site for information, especially if you are on running on XP.

Moogles
12-02-2002, 06:07 PM
I too have a problem with EQW. When I try to run it, I get 2 error messages. One is:

"Everquest has caused an error in <unknown>
Everquest will now close.

If you continue to experience problems
try restarting your computer"

then this pops up:

"unable to load eqw.dll"

I have poked around the eqw website and couldn't find any answers, my guild couldn't help me, a bunch of different forums don't seem to have the answer either. Maybe I'm just stoopid and the solution is obvious, but any help would be greatly appreciated.