PDA

View Full Version : Reporting bugs.

Trumpcard
12-01-2002, 10:35 AM
Ive noticed some crash bugs recently, and I'd like to stress to everyone, please post a message here if you discover a bug, ESPECIALLY one that will crash a zone server.

Its easier to track down problems and fix them when you know they exist! We're working really hard on stomping out bugs at the moment, but please let us know if you find them, and how we can recreate them, this will help immensely in fixing them, and properly testing the fixes.

Thanks!

Drawde
12-09-2002, 12:26 AM
Sorry to mention this again (and I don't know whether it's just me that's getting this problem) but the merchant random crash bug seems to still be present.

Also, even with the 4.0.1 fix, loot still doesn't seem to work completely - #npcloot shows that NPCs have the correct loot, however they don't drop it (other than money) when killed.

Which version of EQ are you meant to use with this emulator version? I just patched to the latest version. I tried reverting to the 3.12-compatible files to see if that would fix the problem, but this caused EQ to crash on entering the world from the character screen.

Trumpcard
12-09-2002, 12:37 AM
Hey Drawde, this one will be fixed with the next release.. Xorloc found a case where in merchant trades, you could be referencing some freed memory causing a crash.

DeletedUser
12-09-2002, 02:43 AM
Plus loot DROPS (as in the packet sent to drop it) have been fixed, just werent put in, www.dmicale.com/eqemu/loot/PlayerCorpse.cpp,www.dmicale.com/eqemu/loot/PlayerCorpse.h,www.dmicale.com/eqemu/loot/eq_packet_structs.h (the eq_packet_structs might need to be merged)

Drawde
12-09-2002, 04:48 AM
Good to see the merchant problem will eventually be fixed!
Is the updated 4.0.1 supposed to fix the loot problem? It doesn't seem to for me.

Trumpcard
12-09-2002, 05:30 AM
Image figured out the new struct for loot drops with the latest eqlive client (Thanks Image!) , but it wasnt rolled into 4.0.1, 4.0.1 is just 4.0, with a fix for a divide by zero condition that could occur when adding lootdrops to npcs. Im going to roll Images looting changes into the baseline tonight when I get in, so hopefully when we release 4.1, we'll have a few good bugfixes along with it to make it viable with the eqlive client.

BTW: Image, nice to see you back ! You have definitely been missed man... I hope you and the other guys can work everything out, and we can see your little footprints in the code again..LOL...

Also, Drawde, if you send me an email to my pm address, I'll see about sending you back an updated zone.exe with images lootfix in it, and the fix for random merchant crashes so you have something to work with.