PDA

View Full Version : Having issues connecting

serenity2017
01-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Hello,
Sorry to be a bother. I tried giving myself access again using eoc.akkadius.com instead of the previous IP address. Like it showed on the post on the homepage, after not being able to connect.

I cleared my cookies, used a few different browsers, and tried two other pcs before posting here. I can't seem to make a connection, I never had any issues connecting from either of the pc's previously.

I get the following:
Cannot connect to server!
Cannot connect to database peq

Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

Uleat
01-03-2018, 10:20 PM
(Actually, you said you did try that - disregard)

Coenxai
01-03-2018, 10:29 PM
Are you sure you properly gave the new host access? Firewall rule? MySQL?

serenity2017
01-03-2018, 11:00 PM
I think so... I'm getting this message when I do the localhost: testpeqdatabase option at eoc.

Could not connect: Access denied for user 'XXXXX'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

serenity2017
01-04-2018, 12:25 AM
I tried downloading google chrome to ensure no cookies or anything were saved. No luck. I also checked to make sure port 3306 was still open and it was.

I created and granted all permissions to another account just to ensure I didn't mess up the first time and still the same issue.

I setup the connection on a dedicated server, as I always have in the past. I've never had any issues connecting to EOC tools this way. Always got on first try.

Coenxai
01-04-2018, 12:32 AM
Flush privileges

(Edit: Will try to connect and see)

Coenxai
01-04-2018, 12:51 AM
In the hostname did you put 142.44.176.142?

serenity2017
01-04-2018, 01:30 AM
I'm not sure how to properly flush privileges. I'm using HediSQL. I opened HediSQL and done FLUSH PRIVILEGES; if I needed to follow granting all privileges with the flush then I done it incorrectly. I tried to connect after doing the flushing of privileges after reading the reply, but that didn't seem to help. But maybe I done it incorrectly. I'm still learning :)

this is what I am using to create my user account:
CREATE USER 'eocdev'@'eoc.akkadius.com' IDENTIFIED BY '********';

GRANT GRANT OPTION ON *.* TO 'eocdev'@'eoc.akkadius.com';

GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'eocdev'@'eoc.akkadius.com';

Should I be using the suggest IP 142.44.176.142 instead of eoc.akkadius.com?

On the connection page http://eoc.akkadius.com/EOC2/login.php

I do my server IP address
database name: peq
username: eocdev
password: *******

Thanks for the help, I was working on spells and then lost connection *sigh*

Coenxai
01-04-2018, 02:06 AM
use the ip address and try

serenity2017
01-04-2018, 02:52 AM
That seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks very much for the assistance!

ChaosSlayerZ
01-04-2018, 12:57 PM
I seem to have similar problem:
Cannot connect to server!
Cannot connect to database peq

I made firewall rule
and made port forwarding in router open to 142.44.176.142 for port 3306

Any suggestions?

NM I got it working - the port opening has to be for my local PC ;)

mrhodes78
01-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Hi all,

I'm having a similar problem, which I suspect has to do with my dynamic IP address...(forced to use AT&T U-Verse for my connection for now...oy.) I tried port forwarding on my router and my Windows firewall, using the direct IP address for setting up the mySQL user, and nothing seems to work. I'll keep trying but I'm running out of ideas.

My backup plan was to try to download a local copy of EOC to use directly on my machine here:

https://github.com/Akkadius/EQEmuEOC

Unfortunately, this download link:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/eoc2_dev_debian_7_8.rar

Seems to be broken...is there a mirror anywhere?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Good lord. I tried for hours last night, but I just got it to connect via Akkadius' online tool. Was a stupid mistake...I did NOT have port forwarding on my router setup properly as I thought. I had to make sure that I had the port/allowable IP forwarded specifically for my desktop via the router. First time using this router...so I'll blame that. This thread was helpful. Thanks all.

Arune01
09-02-2018, 09:49 PM
This link is still broken - any update?