PDA

View Full Version : help!!!! Please

Hack_attack
01-21-2002, 02:21 AM
k i have talked to alot of people now and everyone i talked to said they cant connect eather. what our problem is when we go to start the zones no matter what we use. the 5 zone thing that came with it or the seperate zone thins we still get an error in our zones crash. and we get an error saying there is somthing wrong with zone.exe. can anyone help here please
its only with the new version. if we use the old zone.exe it works fine but then when we connect to the loging and chose our servers it kicks us back to server select when we chose our character and hit enter world. any ideas. anything would be nice thansk

Gino
01-21-2002, 03:04 AM
Had the same problem.

I cant exactly tell you how to solve it,(i did to much changes all at once, to be sure what caused it to run) but it has to do with entries in your DB.

My solution to this would be clean out the following DB entries class by class and try after each.

I did Spawn (all3), NPC Types, Loottables and last Zone Servers.

Make sure you use Admin 2.2. If you should encounter an error msg that looks like : DB not in write mode, when saving changes you just need to save again.

Sorry that i cant get more specific on it. :(

Regards
Gino

Artadius
01-21-2002, 03:34 AM
You should really go into WinMySqlAdmin.exe and go to the databases tab. Right click on your eq database and then drop it. Then shutdown BOTH winmysqladmin AND the actual sql server by right clicking anywhere in the winmysqladmin window.

Then copy over the db.sql file from the .1.9.zip emu file to the /bin/ directory of mysql.

Run winmysqladmin.exe again to restart your server. Go back to the databases tab and create the 'eq' database again.

Exit from winmysqladmin (but don't shut down the server). Start up mysql.exe in the mysql/bin/ directory. Type:

use eq

then type

source db.sql

let it insert everything. This should all sound familiar. This really is the only way to be sure that you'll have no "bad" tables in your database. If you're simply upgrading your eq database...you can run into problems like you mention above.

At this point, you've done a fresh db install and should be good to go...worked for me :p

Hack_attack
01-22-2002, 03:33 AM
i didnt to thatdata base drop. instead i exzamined the database and there was an error with the npc_tables but thats all fixed now. oh and lol got nothing to worry about now because 2.0 is out.

in the last cupple of hours i have done a lot of study with this stuff. see i used to help people set up server back in the days of freequest and 1.4 but then i fryed my computer and had to buy a new hard drive. so i get back on to see version 1.9 :p and then i was one of the first people to download 2.0

i guess being away from they computer and eqeum for that long has made me a bit rusty but thanks for the help you were right on what files to look at.