PDA

View Full Version : Classic Skeleton Models

strugglegenerator
05-26-2019, 12:33 AM
I want the classic skeleton models instead of the Luclin skeleton models. I have read a ton of forum posts and have had no luck from any of them yet.

The classic skeleton model race ID is 60. The "New Skeleton" model race ID is 367. Whenever I update an NPC in the EOC NPC Editor, it does not update the model to the classic skeleton after restarting my server. In fact, the model just looks the same as before.

As a test, I targeted one of the skeletons in East Commonlands and did the GM command #race 60 and it successfully turned into a classic skeleton. So, it is possible to load a classic skeleton, but only as an illusion.

When I click on the skeleton with the illusion, I typed in the GM command #showstats and was able to see the RaceID changed to 60 but the BaseRaceID is still referencing the old skeleton race ID 367. This indicates that in order to change the new skeleton to the classic skeleton globally, I'll need to find out where the BaseRaceID data is stored and update it to 60.

Most of the forum posts indicate that it's a server side issue with the GlobalLoad file, but I've tried everything all of the forums posts have suggested and had no luck.

Does anyone know where I can access the BaseRaceID in the database? I cannot find it anywhere. Thank you!

Huppy
05-26-2019, 01:34 AM
I can't help you with the functionality of the EOC editor, I have never used it, but in-game, simply typing #race is only a temporary change, same would apply to a player if a GM did that. To change an NPC's race permanently, (example), target the NPC and type #npcedit race 60 Then type #repop. I just posted about in-game editing a few hours ago on these forums. http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42465
There is a table in the database, called npc_types. It has every NPC on the server in there. It contains all the data for names, race, gender, class, stats, factionID's and a whole lot more.

strugglegenerator
05-26-2019, 06:55 AM
You did it! You figured out what I could not all of yesterday =) I read your post just now, and wish I had read it sooner but I didn't see it since it was so new and I was scavenging far and wide on the forums for older answers.

Your method of typing #npcedit race 60 and then repopping the zone with #repop worked. I still had to manually find multiple skeletons and perform the commands on each, since some zones have 2 or 3 skeleton ID's, but this method did create permanent changes to my server, even after I restarted the server.

I did check the npc_types section of the database last night, but only found 1 entry for skeleton and since I had already changed it to 60 and didn't see the skeletons in the game update, I thought it didn't work. However, now that you pointed me back in that direction (since I don't want to manually go zone by zone typing #npcedit race 60 on every skeleton in the entire game) I decided to take another look at the npc_types section and I noticed it was only displaying 18,000 results, so I clicked the ShowAll GUI button in HeidiSQL and it displayed all 64,000 results. Then I sorted by race column and did a find and replace of the number 367 to 60 and that updated every old world skeleton with the new world skeletons in game within seconds.

You are a life saver and I truly appreciate you taking the time to post the solution. :D Thank you!!!

Huppy
05-26-2019, 07:39 AM
Great, glad you were able to get something done for it. If you can learn about running SQL queries, that also helps with mass editing. Using your scenario as example, running this query takes a few seconds and changes all mobs with race 367 to 60. I don't use Heidi, but if you have a feature in there to run a query, it comes in handy.

UPDATE npc_types SET race = 60 WHERE race = 367;