PDA

View Full Version : Bypassing / alterring Is Equippable checks?

Xanathol
05-13-2021, 12:30 PM
I wanted to experiment with some custom code to allow equipping of gear that a character does not otherwise meet the restrictions for in special circumstances (class, race, deity). I'm strictly using the RoF client.

In order to test this out, I went into EQ::ItemData::IsEquipable and commented everything out - simply return true, always.

Evenso, upon testing, I still get "Your class, deity, and/or race may not equip %s", item->name. I've been all over the code, setting a few breakpoints, and I cannot see where this is happening server side.

Is this still client side restricted or am I missing something to get this to work?

Thanks!

EQDencelle
05-13-2021, 12:36 PM
the lines you commented out are just the server side checks, there are also client side checks and such.

why bypass this anyways? why not just alter the items in the database to allow what ever classes you want or all classes?

Xanathol
05-13-2021, 01:33 PM
the lines you commented out are just the server side checks, there are also client side checks and such.

why bypass this anyways? why not just alter the items in the database to allow what ever classes you want or all classes?

Thanks for the confirmation.

Why? Ex: custom code where one could quest to obtain the ability to use gear of another class / race / etc. Lots of applications for it but if the client is halting it, its doa.