PDA

View Full Version : Got some ?s about Drawdes Spawns, EQAdmin, and a few others.

TheShrew
02-15-2002, 09:01 PM
first with drawdes. How do I get the spawns to work. Everything else work but any zone I go into is empty :( . Do I need to set all the spawns my self with the groups that have been added. All the others work. E.G. I make a #spawn in game it will drop loot from the loot data so as far as I can tell it is just spawn spots.

Ok now EQAdmin. It has a section in preferences for location of zone maps. I notices that the Spawn asks for maps too. maybe Problem one and two are related maybe not... Where are the maps at?

And lastly are there only a few races to pick from? I cannot seem to get any #spawn to have a form other than PC forms. (Dark Elf, Troll, High Elf...) Is this normal? could it be that it is zone specific?

Some of these questions I could probably figure out myself but my home server is getting an upgrade so I can

an_old_EQmage
02-16-2002, 07:11 AM
I am having problem with the map in eqadmin as well.

I think the path to the map is c:\program files\everquest\ which is the pathname wherever you installed ur eq, I could be wrong tho.. because I still can't get the maps to show up even after I assigned the path in preference, you know the black window that the map is suppose to show? I got nothing there... =(

Trumpcard
02-16-2002, 07:32 AM
Did you download the eqadmin maps package from sourceforge and put all the maps in your eqadmin directory?

_OZZY_
02-16-2002, 07:33 AM
The map files it's looking for here is in an older version. Grab them from here:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemu/eqemu-admin-tool-maps.zip
Unzip this to your EQAdmin directory. Then set the preferences to point to this directory.

TheShrew
02-16-2002, 11:38 AM
Should this fix my spawn problems?

Also what about the spawn npc races?

TheClaus
02-17-2002, 02:38 AM
Okay the quick an dirty way to put Drawde's data in there. First start with a clean DB. Drop your old one and make a new one. Then source the db.sql file. That will create the tables needed for drawde's data. Next copy over NPC_Types and any of the spawn text files. Then source the text files 1 at a time til your finished. Then viola you got the world with spawns in it. If you want loot tables well sorry I don't do that in this quick guide.

Lurker_005
02-17-2002, 09:00 AM
As I recall you can just source the loot tables also, it will just generate several error messages when it hits the create table lines. Also one of the tables generates errors due to duplicate ID fields. MySQL just skips those lines with errors, and continues.

Drawde
02-18-2002, 01:20 AM
To spawn monster NPCs you need to set the Gender value to 2.
Also, you can only successfully spawn things that are found in that zone in real EQ.