PDA

View Full Version : EQEMu Wishlist.

Baron Sprite
12-26-2002, 09:08 AM
Please post any features/commands/options you would like added into the Emulator, and anything missing that is on Live.

Robertburns
12-26-2002, 09:12 AM
Know whats wrong? it says bad password or username maybe you can help thanks .. Anything you think would be good works i like the way its built could use more work with errors but you cant be perfect good job guys :D you desereve a round of applause thanks!
RObbieBurns

Belir
12-26-2002, 09:25 AM
I wish Neriak would be connected to the damn servers :P
Everytime I logon a char that's in neriak I get kicked to desktop, all other zones seems to work.

fnemo
12-26-2002, 09:30 AM
list wish :

/bazaar (just for fun *cough*)
cluster thing
boat/horse working

no more idea for now. will say them later if needed :p

Drawde
12-26-2002, 09:32 AM
A few things I'd really like to see in the emulator are -

Archery (the one major combat feature that isn't in the emu as far as I know). Don't know how easy this would be to do (do you need to track collision detection etc. for arrows and other projectiles, or is this client-side?)

Ground item spawns (including forges, brew barrels, looms etc for tradeskills). Should be easy to implement in the DB, since you can now drop items and pick them up again - the difficulty would be getting the correct data for all the spawn locs.

Questing commands to give/receive money.

Resistances from items + spells working (or do they already? haven't checked lately)

Configurable stats - STR, AC, resists, etc - for NPCs in the npc_types table

Improved stability (less disconnections/lag) was one thing that I would have put on the wish list except it seems to have been addressed in 0.4.0 - hope 0.4.1 is as stable/lag-free!

Divide
12-26-2002, 09:37 AM
I would like to see

#repop = Repop target only
#repopzone = Whole zone

I dont know if this is something that can be done but.. I think it could help alot. I allways go LD when i repop the zone, and when i repop a zone with a #grid it totaly fubars the zone. There seems to be a issue with the code on our server. But still #repop on single target would be awsome.

Taelnia
12-26-2002, 10:18 AM
This isn't with the emu per se...

I'd like to see the MiniLogin read the current eq version from the loginserver.ini file.

My opinion is that this would allow the minilogin to not break as often as it does. (I could be wrong on this, but it seems that the mini login will break for something as small as a new spdat file.)

Craklin
12-26-2002, 10:19 AM
I wish for 4.1 :)

Barnebarn
12-26-2002, 10:21 AM
1) Itemized zones/mobs

2) The missing NPC's - wandering, random popping (coming in 4.1?)

With those 2 you can really start getting the emulator to work as more as a "fun" tool - and it will become playable for real from level 1-65.

I think I've heard rumours of some servers having loot drops in some zones - Fact/fiction???

If its true then we could use those add-ons to the DB-ADDON's, so everybody can enjoy it ;)

3) Faction

While faction is very important for mobs agroing/assisting to give the emulator a real "EQ-feel", in my eyes its not as important as having loot and wandering mobs - because without the faction and mobs not assisting the game has kinda "balanced" itself for those soloing etc ;)

But, its still high on my list as you can see - cause stupid static mobs quickly becomes boring ;)

4) Mobs special attacks

Again, its kinda the balancing "touch" without it - but I like dragons in NToV to cast their AE's etc...

5) PoP items and Zones

Not uber important, but it would be nice to see more than the empty PoP zones and be able to get all the spells from 61-65 etc.

Thats a quick wishlist from me... Ooooh... Just another one... More of a question though:

Zone XP-modifyer and damage tables??? Are those hardcoded, cause I cant find them in the database... One should think that the zone xp-modifyer should atleast be attached to the zone table, but I cant find it... And the damage tables for each class.

I havnt checked the source - but it would rock if those 2 were in the database cause thats one of the things I would really love to alter... I wanna increase the XP in outdoor and indoor zones and I wanna increase the power of each class to the limit of where 1 person would equal the powers of 1 group, so that friends can raid zones with just their 3-5 chars without having to make hack-items etc...

Ah well, guess I can always try to find it in the source and alter it there and re-compile etc, but would be alot easier if that stuff was in the database and alter-able from the FQAdmin tool...

fnemo
12-26-2002, 10:28 AM
- real respawn clock on the mobs' repop.
i.e. Avatar of War never repoped in 1 minute :p
- random cycle spawn mobs point

Syntaks
12-26-2002, 10:44 AM
IMHO

Guild Training

This is something I think REALLY needs to be in. Without it, you''re stuck leveling skills by cheating (setskills) or by alot of use.. Which is ok, but very limited..

pogoism9
12-26-2002, 11:37 AM
1-5 people who's primary job is to get an official database going that mimics EQLive. Clearing dupes, getting the loot correct, quests, etc.

a more efficient item search/summon command to do it all in one shot.

Farrenz
12-26-2002, 11:37 AM
I wish that PoP Items would be added :)

Trumpcard
12-26-2002, 12:12 PM
Items... Thats not programming, thats content collection... If you want PoP items, make them and feel free to post them.. Zones populated? Most are if you download the addon database.. Our aim here is to make a functional game world, not save you the trouble of making content for it..... Think bigger...

So, as far as feature requests go,

I hear money rewards for quests... (good one)
Bows... another good one, being worked on...
horses... no time soon.. too many basic features to implement..
boats, being worked on.. tough one though..
guild trainers are alot better now, though they're not class/race specfic yet, they are defintely functional in DR3..

#repop = Repop target only
#repopzone = Whole zone

repopzone is already in... why would you want to repop a target? Just wondering...

real respawn cycle... good one...

Dont ask us to recreate the eq game world, we cant populate every zone exactly as it is in EQ, we need new functionality requests....

Murl~
12-26-2002, 02:31 PM
Fix VP, Add Old World Uber Weapons, Old World Bugs, Mulitiple Pets, make ring scripting

Lurker_005
12-26-2002, 03:07 PM
#repop mainly to check spawn rates, or to get a specific spawn to be the one that is up. An added idea for this is #repop radius to repop spawn points in a given radius. This gives a way to respawn stuff that is already killed.

Barnebarn
12-26-2002, 03:43 PM
k, Trumpcard... I hear you on the items part :(

Just, I dont have EQlive anymore and to me the emulator rocks - but not for the "right" reasons... Its not really playable, yet... I see it "just" as a great tool to check out zones and have some fun at level 65 seeing how uber you can get your char...

Now, for playabillity I would need mobs to drop items so I can play from 1 - 65...

So, I gather its the task of entering these datas into the database thats keeping this from the emulator, since the mobs and items for all zones (besides PoP) is already there?

Then... How does this crazy idea sound... Someone make a nice easy to follow manual on how to enter loot drops on mobs in the database and how to alter the drop rate on these items (which are common, rare, very rare etc)... THEN... Here comes the fun part, haha... Make a huge list of each zone in the game and let people from the community volenteer to sign up for 1-n zones and gather and itemize the zones they signed up for (you can find all the info needed on different sites - depending on how old the zones are)... When people have gathered the data they submit it to some central figure - one of the developers, I guess - who then combines all the gathered zone data and vupti... We got itemized zones for the publich in an upcoming ADDON ;)

Am I being crazy here or is it realistic...

On the features part....

- NPC/Mobs special attacks (AE's, procs, spells)
- Haste on items (only spell haste working?)
- Faction (know its being worked on)
- Respawn cycle

DeletedUser
12-26-2002, 05:45 PM
Barnebarn - your whole list beside PoP items are in..

Lilaminue
12-26-2002, 08:11 PM
i'd like to see more PoP content added ... PoP mobs/ items/ quests/etc ...

Relaric
12-26-2002, 08:27 PM
I think the emulator should be as close to the game as possible. Future things that would be nice to see would be aggro by npcs, and adds, trains and what not. Just more normal npc behavior. The emulator is too cool, it's great and I think something that would bring it to the next step would be to add something that would keep people interested. Some form of advancment, be it the ability to level past 65, quests would be great, something that would attract more people and keep people interested. Definately more stable connections, zoning, and all that stuff. I feel like I have to watch what I do cause I'm afraid of being kicked. But for the most part things are great. Good job guys

Relaric
12-26-2002, 08:34 PM
Just wanted to mention the npc thing one more time. I'm pretty sure that you guys are working on it already, but I think it would improve the emulator so much to have normal npc behavior from the actual eq world. I know faction and pathing and all tie into this, but that's just something I think would improve the emu world a lot.

md2020
12-26-2002, 08:57 PM
Ground item spawns (including forges, brew barrels, looms etc for tradeskills). Should be easy to implement in the DB, since you can now drop items and pick them up again - the difficulty would be getting the correct data for all the spawn locs.

This is one thing i would like to see if it can't be done already, so maybe tests and work can be done on more tradeskills and player created items.

astemus
12-26-2002, 09:07 PM
Is loot working? Because I know there is already a database for this floating around, loot was in the emu before, and something broke it a while ago.

Besides that, what we need to make this a playable game is

Guildmasters training (even if it lists all skills, it would be better than nothing)

Loot (already mentioned)

Refinement of combat code(I know it works, but it's hardly close to what it is on the real eq)

Refinement of casting code(interrupts on moving, concentration checks, etc)

Forget about horses(keep up the good work on this one)

Continue adding support for spells(many spells "work" but don't work, it seems they're based off a variable not in the emu, many spells still dont work like focus and other buff spells)

That's all i can think of, the rest of my wish list is all content based, so i won't bother stating it here :) I'll post more as i think of them

Barnebarn
12-26-2002, 11:34 PM
Barnebarn - your whole list beside PoP items are in..

Well, it is and it isnt...

I havnt encountered any NPCs casting their spells, procs and AE's in 4.0.1 with 3.13 db - and AoW isnt hitting for 1200, but only 300 or so.

Item haste dosnt seem to affect anything (I could be wrong on this one) - but spell haste like eyepatch of plunder seems to work... I can see a difference using eyepatch which is alot less speed than when I equip shiny tinker of speed.

Faction is working if its normal that all mobs con indifferently (except from Tunare who cons way apprehensive?)... And mobs dont assist on agro.

Mobs respawns, yes - but they respawn faster than the best dungeon crawl xp-grind group would wish for ;)

But yes, all those things are in and to me its not as important to be fixed as having mobs drop their loot - that is, to me, the most important matter to make the game feel more real playable and not just being an awesome tool to check out zones, make uber magelo profiles become true etc.

Grudye
12-27-2002, 01:00 AM
AA (all of them and including being able to make them into hotkeys)

horses

slam

roaming mobs

the lifts working

quests

mobs dropping the propper loot (even the rare of rare drops)

and that's about all i can think of for right now

fnemo
12-27-2002, 01:08 AM
random loot on the mobs (?)

Drawde
12-27-2002, 01:20 AM
My DB includes loot for most old-world and Kunark mobs. I was planning to update the loot tables to incorporate all the new items (many of the unique loot tables in particular are missing items) however Trumpcard mentioned that a new loot system for the DB was being worked on, so I'm waiting to see what happens with that before I do any more.
Currently I'm working on quests and merchant lists.

Syntaks
12-27-2002, 01:58 AM
As soon as the holiday crunch is over (my work schedule is FUBAR) I'm going to get back to work on the zone points, so that wil be less of a worry. No worrying about crashing when moving to a zone who's points are all wrong..

Trumpcard
12-27-2002, 02:25 AM
Wiz's new loot system is in the code, but currently you have to recompile to enable it. I'm going to see about making a database variable switch to cut it on or off. The bulk of the problem is that the addon database isnt really set up with multiple lists in mind, it's collected based on frequency of drops all on a single list, rather than several different lists that you roll on. The new code is the way to do things, but it's going to require a new loot database to go along with it.

This is what I propose. At this point, I say we drop collecting spawn/loot data from other sources and actually form a database team as suggested above. Me and Bob have been discussing tools we need to integrate into eqemu to allow for better spawn management ingame. I'd like to see a developer come onboard who could just work on management tools/editor functions to allow for better content creation.

We should take the database that we have, clean it properly, then zone by zone start cleaning it by hand / updating loot tables, and put it under version control. I know this was discussed before , but nothing ever came out of it. The 1st cleaned database would form version 1, then all updates would be made to it from that point forward, the trick is to find a common starting place. The addon database converted from HQ is just too dirty in my opinion, but a stripped down version of it would make a great starting place. The items can still be gathered from them (assuming they release any more).

It would require someone to head it up (my votes with Drawde, Lurker or Bob) , and several people interested in keeping a database up to date.

1st, start an irc room for #eqemudatabase, get a few people interested in working on it together, then lay out zone assignments. Start with a few cities, flesh out the newbie areas around them, trying to balance along the way. Guild trainers are working now btw, so #setallskills shouldnt be necessary for long.
If someone takes the time to pick a newbie zone and starting city, make the quests for it, and balance out the area, I'm betting you could level normally and naturally, especially with the work thats been done. With all of the changes with eqemu recently, I think now's a good time to start focusing on actually creating some good game worlds, and developing the tools necessary to design them. Leaps and bounds have been made in the last month, I really think now's the right time to pull in the troops and start really making some cool servers.

In my mind, there should be 3 coexisting teams that work together and pass ideas around.

Coding Team
Database Design team
Testing Team

The coding team is primarily responsible for implementing new features, fixing bugs, and keeping the emulator working. ie, the existing dev team.

The Database design team would develop the content and communicate improvement ideas to the coding team (or work on them themselves) for better tools, architecture, etc. needed to support content creation.

The testing team would test new functionality, and help regression test releases to ensure nothing has been broken. Jaw is currently heading this up, but I dont know that he's gotten anyone else on board yet.

To really make big gains at this point, someone needs to step forward and take charge of getting the folks together to start building the worlds. Let me know what I can do to help, and I'll be happy to be involved as much as possible and help massage the code to assist in the efforts.

Let me know what everyone's thoughts are, and if anyone is willing to start working on it. I agree though, there does need to be a clearly laid out set of documents for how to create the content, or we need better tools to handle it.

a_Guest03
12-27-2002, 03:47 AM
.... Almost all requests are database related... Guys, ask for features - content is slowly on the way through several distributors.

I haven't tested bards, but I heard they were a bit weird with their songs.

I would like a capping ability for serverops for special commands (time-based or amount-based) Example #summonitem 2447 would decrease the amount of #summonitem's available at a later date. You could have it freshen over time when the server is up, or whatever. I think being able to summon only a limited amount would be helpful, but not so close to cheating.

I haven't played much on the new DR releases, so I don't know exactly what's been implemented.

For database designers, I'd like to see something like what Drawde wants - stats for races. We could use those stats in an equation to get HP/MP/etc. etc.

I would also like to see a database option where you can choose whether to use those stats for determining HP (like a regular mob), or use another special set like for Gods or undercons, etc. But it would make database compilation easy as pie if we could just have an equation figure it out based on common stats assigned to each race.

As for a database team, that sounds great. I know there are several factions, however. Some people are of the "OLD WORLD R0XX0rs!" group and others want to implement everything. Should we form two groups for the two tasks or just make one huge conglomerate for everything and have a second set of people branch the complete database and hack it down to a Classic feel once the complete one is done?

The database team would require the following people/skills/updates:

Content collection (basically someone with ties to

a_Guest03
12-27-2002, 04:04 AM
Last I checked, throw didn't work. Monk couldn't throw shuriken.

Trumpcard
12-27-2002, 04:07 AM
a_Guest, just so you know some of the things that have been worked on, heres the Changelog from CVS... This is dumped nightly from the development archive onto Sourceforges CVS, so you can view them from the sourceforge page if you like.

Something I'm hoping to fix today is setting world and zone to only bind to your external interface, as opposed to using INDDR_ANY. Hopefully this will fix the log in issues from the internal network for those that run the server on their firewalls. I have the code compiled and running on my server, but havent been able to test it out well yet.

--------------------------------------------
CHANGE LOG for EQEmuCVS
--------------------------------------------

TRY TO KEEP THIS CURRENT WITH YOUR CHANGES!
------------------------
- December 24th, 2002 -
------------------------
Image: Put some checks in, still crashes on #repop,needs to be looked into.
Image: Fixed another bug, grid is a int16 and the 'memory' was assigning as an int8
Image: Fixed a waypoint bug where if you #gassigned a non-existant grid it would crash the zone.
Trumpcard: Added makefileopt and makefiledebug for world and zone. Generic makefiles with high gcc performance optimization settings and debug flags.
Trumpcard: Updates to Bob's forage code for table specific foraging
Baron-Sprite: Added Enchanter pets.
Trumpcard: Added Scruffy's new timezone code.
Trumpcard: Several linux build fixes/compile warnings.
Trumpcard: Doorfix for linux. (elevator code not working correctly yet.)

------------------------
- December 23rd, 2002 -
------------------------
Image: Put in a divide by 0 bug fix (lethalencounter)
Baron-Sprite: Added in Mistwalker pet.
Hogie: Fixed /who all so that it really doesn't show non GM chars as *GM*+ anymore
Hogie: Fixed the world bug for some people where they couldn't get in.
Hogie: Updated version to 0.4.1-DR3

------------------------
- December 22nd, 2002 -
------------------------
Image: Put in some new code for doors (Thanks to Daeken for the new door struct)
Add the following columns to your db:
alter table doors add column doorisopen smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0';
alter table doors add column liftheight int(4) NOT NULL default '0';
Linux requires some code for doors to totally work properly, win32 shouldnt have a problem
Todo: Someone figure out why emumemshare isnt grabbing the information from liftheight plz!
Image: Fixed a bug in #setaapts (crashes the zone when you put -1)
Hogie: fixed #permarace bug (changed your gender when it shouldnt have)
Hogie: fixed #permagender bug (you couldn't target anybody else and do it)

------------------------
- December 20th, 2002 -
------------------------
Image: Fixed a guild war faction bug.
Image: Added a sync timer for the current EQ time.
Trumpcard: various minor fixes/warnings changes for linux
neotokyo: rewrote the hatelist system
neotokyo: added code, that only max 3 NPCs will aggro on a single mob (you can still have more if you attack them yourself, they just dont aggro by themself)
neotokyo: added some faction code for NPCs without faction attached so they will now con a bit different as before
Image: Fixed zoning (properly to the next zone at the database coords). Leave Z coords alone now!
Image: Fixed #zsave
Wiz: fixed z-issues
neotokyo: fixed a few issues with the guildwar code
neotokyo: added the client queuing functionality

------------------------
- December 19th, 2002 -
------------------------
Image: Mob_Update now has checks so it doesnt update an NPC unless its necessary (NPC moved). (Brings your ping down BIG time in areas with lots of NPCs)
Image: Changed the network code a bit more.
Image: Put in the GuildWars setup, need to add the new tables if you want to use it (I suggest not using it for now).
xorlac: Cleaned up the *10 /10 Z cord funkiness
neotokyo: tweaked the NPC behavior a bit (spell choice)
neotokyo: fixed some minor bugs (CombatRange, Zonebootup)
neotokyo: added spellshield support

------------------------
- December 18th, 2002 -
------------------------
neotokyo: GM training should work with either skills and languages
(as a consequence i rewrote part of the skill system, which would need some retesting now. as far as i can tell it works)
Wiz: NPC wandering is functional. Smoothed out the movement code a lot.
Wiz: Rune code added
Wiz: Added in custom quest triggers.

------------------------
- December 17th, 2002 -
------------------------
Baron-Sprite: Optimized Beastlord and Shaman pets, they will be created after being summoned much faster then before.
Baron-Sprite: Added Beastlord pets.
neotokyo: added some functions to mob/client/npc so PoP AA will work, once we figure out the details
neotokyo: added movementspeed to the Stats_Bonus struct, and coded wrapper functions for Runspeed/Walkspeed --> NPCs can now be snared
neotokyo: rewrote the way "Root" was handled to be like a buff, not needing any special cases like before
neotokyo: fixed some npc behavior glitches, where npcs didnt move back to their spawnplace after being pulled
Xorlac: Minor fix to hate lists - removed crashing bug
Xorlac: Minor fix to bulkzonespawnpackets - it shouldn't throw an exception now for datarate > 10.0
Wiz: Changed hate lists to have damage/hate work correctly, and calculation of who gets the exp be based on damage of self or self's group.

------------------------
- December 16th, 2002 -
------------------------
Baron-Sprite: All pet commands now have the proper messages and appearances(sit/stand ect), and gui should update accordingly.
neotokyo: fixed some issues with bard songs. they should now terminate via "recast" as in live eq.
neotokyo: rather major update to the npc code. the npc behavior is now controlled via a finite state machine
take a look into npcai.cpp for more details
neotokyo: some small features:
NPC will help near NPCs of same race if AILevel is >= 6
added a class for LogFile - should create less Lag than writing to stdout (use via global variable g_LogFile)
Pets should behave more nicely now: /pet guard is implemented
2 new commands: #fov and #manastat (for testing purposes (actually i forgot to remove them, well i hope it doesnt hurt anyone))
fixed a self made bug in the consider system, where all red conning mobs were conning blue
added the random timer for NPC buffing again: this time in the NPC behavior code, not the spawn code
added probably a ton of bugs and other things i forgot now :-/

------------------------
- December 15th, 2002 -
------------------------
Xorlac: Cleanup of group handling. Plenty of bugs left - just removed a few crashing ones.
Hogie: Added a check to see if a user already has that Lore tagged item in their inventory.
Image: Took care of the stamina issue.
Image: Took care of some disconnection issues.

------------------------
- December 14th, 2002 -
------------------------
Trumpcard: Added in Bobs changes for database foraging.
Hogie: GM's can now unflag and not be seen as gm on the /who list.
Hogie: Non-GM Flagged characters on 100+ accounts are no longer flagged automatically when you zone in.
Image: GM's can now set last names to be 63 chars in length.
Image: Removed the random spawn timer, no longer needed.
Image: World->Zone updated, fixed quite a few disconnection issues.
Baron-Sprite: Added the 60+ names for classes in /who all.
Hogie: Fixed the db.sql file from last release.
Image: EQNetwork Updated, ZoneSpawns are sent differently depending on your datarate.
Baron-Sprite: Added in shaman pets.

------------------------
- December 13th, 2002 -
------------------------
Xorlac: Removed several crashing bugs in client zone handling.

------------------------
- December 12th, 2002 -
------------------------
neotokyo: some improvements in the npc behavior code
neotokyo: wizard familiars now zone with you

------------------------
- December 12th, 2002 -
------------------------
neotokyo: added random spawn timer for zone startup and #repop
neotokyo: added familiars, and buff code for SE_ResistAll and SE_ManaPool
Trumpcard: additional pet code modifications, and epic mage pet fix (Baron Sprite)
Xorlac: Removal of some unessacry mutex intialization calls (common/mutex.h)
Wiz: Fixed a check in spells.cpp that was causing the spell to jam the client.
Wiz: Added in pulsing for bard songs. Ducking or starting a new song will stop whatever song you are singing.
Wiz: Fixed group joining/disbanding.

------------------------
- December 11th, 2002 -
------------------------
Trumpcard: added in Baron Sprites fleshed out necro pet code
neotokyo: fixed a bug in runquery (sometimes it reported a db-error when there wasnt one)
neotokyo: doors should now load without SHAREMEM too
neotokyo: added advanced npc behavior
neotokyo: fixed some bugs in hatelist
neotokyo: added frenzy support
neotokyo: recoded/fixed some of the spell calculation functions
neotokyo: added stamina/fatigue opcodes support
neotokyo: added bodytype (banedamage) support
neotokyo: fixed a bug with h2h combat and weapon procs

------------------------
- December 10th, 2002 -
------------------------
Trumpcard: Modified Loottable code to use original method. Putting Wiz's Poollooting method in an optional ifdef
so we can implement it incrementally. Designwise it's the better way to do it, but not completely functional
with existing database structure. (eqdb format)

------------------------
- December 9th, 2002 -
------------------------
Trumpcard: eqLive client loot fix. New packet structure for lootCorpse (thanks Image!)

------------------------
- December 8th, 2002 -
------------------------
Hogie: Updated a label or 2 in the item struct so noobs know what they do.
Trumpcard: Fix for LoadDoors().
Wiz: Fix for world.exe command line options.

cybrslick
12-27-2002, 06:20 AM
I might of missed it, but has anyone mentioned damage shields? And is the showspelleffects off command working? last time I tried to turn them off, they still showed.

a_Guest03
12-27-2002, 06:23 AM
Having access to this is immensely helpful to me. I'm glad I don't have to update the Z-coords now :) Thanks for the info - I'll try to stay on top of it.

fnemo
12-27-2002, 06:32 AM
And is the showspelleffects off command working? last time I tried to turn them off, they still showed.

It's client side so check on your options and eqclient.ini and the other toons' *.ini files :)

just_add_water
12-27-2002, 07:37 AM
man theres a lot of idiots on this forum. First off this is a Wish List, so why are people posting bugs?

Also Horses,PoP spawns/items must PACKETED COLLECTED before work can even start on them.

Fajoobies
12-27-2002, 02:06 PM
You know what I think we should get? Disciplines and ALL AA working. :)

a_Guest03
12-27-2002, 02:18 PM
I'd like to be able to put race / class bonuses in all stats for mobs and have an equation that finds hitpoints / damage. Would this be possible or is the lag too much?

Have the mob get a bonus to STR and INT if it's an SK, have it get -INT and +STR if it's ogre, and then use a level multiplier to figure out the value of hitpoints, etc. If this has been tried, I'd just like to know what's holding it up so I can try to think up another suitable solution with a similar result.

I'd also like to have a superficial level (multiplier for HP, etc) and a real level (for exp and conning). The superficial level of Dvynn or whatever his name is might be 35, but he might con 30. That way you can easily set up undercons and overcons.

We can set the mathmeticians to perfecting the calculations to be like VI's.

pyrobooze
12-27-2002, 07:14 PM
I wish all the servers would combine ... everyone supporting a different zone on each host... therefore we could have a big legitserver with very little bandwith problems and basically a eq live server !! :D but thats a dream... Anyways, Horses would be cool, wandering mobs... Factions... such as Scowls they actually attack you...

hydrocyanic
12-27-2002, 08:25 PM
faction
mob's HP
mob's dps
caster mobs
all aapts
skills(bash, archery, etc)
familiars, pets(there is no bst pets, no familiars, no post61 mag pets, nec pet hit too high)
cut off all the non-legit items(aego buffer, cheal glove, sow greaves, 200haste bucket, etc etc...)

most important of all...
PoP item please!!~

keep up the good work guys! a late merry christmas and happy new year :)

neotokyo
12-27-2002, 10:24 PM
I'd also like to have a superficial level (multiplier for HP, etc) and a real level (for exp and conning). The superficial level of Dvynn or whatever his name is might be 35, but he might con 30. That way you can easily set up undercons and overcons.

you just need to set the min and max damage for a specific mob in the database to achieve over- and undercons.

90% of the wishlist items are things that need to be done by content not programming :-/

a list of things that would work if you added the proper values to the database:
factions
npc hp
npc dps
itemization (almost, still needs some work, and thatfore i need actual live item data - see world building forum)

I haven't tested bards, but I heard they were a bit weird with their songs.
it would be nice if you actually see for yourself if something works or not before offering 2nd hand infos. and if some part of something doesnt work as it should, there's always the bug board.

Runicmyst
12-28-2002, 03:11 AM
The impossibility to go linkdead while connected to yourself would be nice =)... Then i could actually USE the emulator lol...

killspree
12-28-2002, 09:29 AM
Err, please explain how to set npc dps in the database, because every time I've tried it doesn't work with min_dmg and max_dmg. Is there something you have to change in the source too on an npc basis?

neotokyo
12-28-2002, 09:34 AM
Err, please explain how to set npc dps in the database, because every time I've tried it doesn't work with min_dmg and max_dmg. Is there something you have to change in the source too on an npc basis?

setting the values in the DB should be enough, no need to change anything else.

i'll give it a try and see if its bugged, or if you did anything wrong.

--> EDIT: tried it and works <--

hogosha
12-28-2002, 09:54 AM
i'd like to be able to lock out users, so that when they log into the server database, if they have not created an account with me then they can not log into my server, all it would show is locked. Also I would like to be able to limit the expansions the users are aloud to use. I know the best way to keep Verant off people like us trying to run a server is to disallow them from losing cash. Someone can easily get the install files from somebody or online, but they can't use it without the registration code on live, so it's a good idea to implement this feature.

Kyphro
12-28-2002, 10:17 AM
Tinkered, clockwork pets would be a nice thing too, so gnomes don't suck... or get punted around. Throwing items, so i don't have to spend 10mins getting 100 Shuriken of the Tranquils for my mnk and not be able to use them :( .

pyrobooze
12-28-2002, 01:02 PM
Kyrphro ... You know that you can do #summonitem <number> then put a 20 after the <number> and it will summon 20 of those shurikes making it much simpler to summon them.

Macbeth
12-28-2002, 01:54 PM
I wish to have houses and boats working

Slayer02
12-28-2002, 05:38 PM
Archery - Soul to rangers ;-)
Cast Interuptions, conc checks, etc
Boats - Fun Fun Fun
AA - Regen and some others dont work
Disciplines - Dont remember if they work or not, dont think so
PoP AA abilities
Tradeskills - Can be edited in db but I think the forges etc still have to be added, would be nice to make a item that goes in backpack that acts as forge/loom/etc
WANDERING MOBS - A must
Random loot would be nice
Factions
Aggro

SupremeBeing
12-28-2002, 09:46 PM
faction (mobs aggroing)
resists
accurate damage output by mobs (like in eqlive)
loot

just_add_water
12-29-2002, 08:09 AM
Archery - --= Got logs and being worked on

Cast Interuptions, conc checks, etc ---= All done

Boats - ---= This is a bit tricky, it can be done (easily) but some problems will arise if its done

AA - }These need to be collected by packet collector
Disciplines }
PoP AA abilities } http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=4596

Tradeskills ---= Done, also forge will work in the next release

WANDERING MOBS - ----= Done, will work in next release

Random loot would be nice ---= I think this is done by the DB, so it shouldn't be hard to edit

Factions ---= Done, can be changed by quests,killing etc

Aggro ---= Done, multi mobs will aggro, also stuff like furry will work in next release

----------------------

resists ---= I'm 99% sure, that these work

accurate damage output by mobs ---= Damage is done by a formula, so someone good in math (that has a eqlive account) should work on this ^_^

loot --= loot works 100%

sil
12-29-2002, 08:11 AM
You need to make a server that actually challenges us to level and earn money instead of just getting the best armor and being the highest level with all the spells etc. etc. We need challenge.

Drawde
12-29-2002, 08:29 AM
Another small thing that would be nice is NPCs equipping weapons and other items if the "equip" flag in the loot table is set to 1 - it's a bit odd seeing guards bashing everything to death with their bare hands (if they're Monks, then why can they wear plate armour!?)

just_add_water
12-29-2002, 08:35 AM
sil go make that server then, its up to the serverOP (aka. the person who runs the server) for the type of server they want.

Avila
12-29-2002, 05:09 PM
A fully working petition system that wors in NewGUI

Toxified
12-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Hey im a newb (lol) i think that it would be nice to have lifts and buttons -- i been playin the past 3 or 4 days and have noticed there arent any doors or lifts in greater faydark -- and id like to be able to spend aa pts aswell

i would help populate zones n stuff but i dont know how to do it all LOL

i suppose if it were easy tho everyone would be doin it LOL

feedgood
12-29-2002, 09:23 PM
I've got a few things that I would like to see:

1. Ground spawns for quests, etc.
2. Keyed doors? (could be in?), keyed zones would be really cool too.
3. Some way of getting combine containers for non related tradeskills to work for quests that might not necessarily need a skill check(no fail combines).

Keep up the good work :D

Fluffenn
12-30-2002, 02:27 AM
I am a gm over on Lethal Encounters server and we do have petitions working for the most part. I didnt code it myself so you gonna have to ask Lethal himself

just_add_water
12-30-2002, 06:54 AM
1. Ground spawns for quests, etc. --= I'm pretty sure this is in

2. Keyed doors? --= Key'd doors can be put in, search the forum. I'm not sure what you mean by key'd zones

Dednome
12-30-2002, 02:46 PM
Spells: I get this problem with spells where they work perfect for a while then boom when you cast nothing happens and all your spells/commands/hotkeys freeze up and you either have to zone or wait a long time.

Mobs aggro: when you attack one in a came the others come if not mezed etc...

Trainers: ability to train more than common tougue.

GM: Able to actually set which EQEmu commands each member can use. Unless its already in.

a_Guest03
12-30-2002, 05:16 PM
Sneak would be nice.

Slayer02
12-30-2002, 05:19 PM
Dendome, the ServerOP can edit what commands people use by going on the host computer and editing the Addon.ini file in the eqemu folder, 0 = all 10 = priv 20 = very priv 80 = quest troupe 100 = gm 150 = lead gm 200 = ServerOP 201+ = cant be done

morpheus014
12-31-2002, 04:46 AM
Ok something that I thought would be really cool to see in the emulator is the ability to play as a monster as is availible on the pvp servers on live I think, or a GM command that would let you take control of a creature. This is probably not going to be something that we will see in the near future but I think it would be cool for a future, more complete release

heww
01-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Archery (the one major combat feature that isn't in the emu as far as I know). Don't know how easy this would be to do (do you need to track collision detection etc. for arrows and other projectiles, or is this client-side?)

archery is on some of the servers, so no need to ask for it no more, just thought you would like to know.

what id like to see-
1. aa class skills working ( the hotkey ones)
2. less lag, when pvping/fighting with more than just 2 people (tends to boot you or lag you bad with more than that)

besides that you guys been doing a great job always getting new things implemented :) keep up the good work!

just_add_water
01-01-2003, 10:14 AM
2. less lag, when pvping/fighting with more than just 2 people (tends to boot you or lag you bad with more than that)

That tends to happen when the server is being hosted on 14.4 k

Divide
01-01-2003, 10:38 AM
I think it could help alot. I allways go LD when i repop the zone, and when i repop a zone with a #grid it totaly fubars the zone. There seems to be a issue with the code on our server. But still #repop on single target would be awsome.

Syntaks
01-01-2003, 11:07 AM
I think it could help alot. I allways go LD when i repop the zone, and when i repop a zone with a #grid it totaly fubars the zone. There seems to be a issue with the code on our server. But still #repop on single target would be awsome.

Ok, how do you target something that's not there to repop??

Would smoothing out the pathing be a wishlist thing? Still kinda weird to see people jump around when they walk or run...

And as for combat, getting my butt whomped by a Froglock Tad that constantly does 2 or 3 points damage at least once a second can be disconcerting... That's gotta be fixed..

hydrocyanic
01-01-2003, 11:21 AM
Archery - --= Got logs and being worked on

Cast Interuptions, conc checks, etc ---= All done

Boats - ---= This is a bit tricky, it can be done (easily) but some problems will arise if its done

AA - }These need to be collected by packet collector
Disciplines }
PoP AA abilities } http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=4596

Tradeskills ---= Done, also forge will work in the next release

WANDERING MOBS - ----= Done, will work in next release

Random loot would be nice ---= I think this is done by the DB, so it shouldn't be hard to edit

Factions ---= Done, can be changed by quests,killing etc

Aggro ---= Done, multi mobs will aggro, also stuff like furry will work in next release

----------------------

resists ---= I'm 99% sure, that these work

accurate damage output by mobs ---= Damage is done by a formula, so someone good in math (that has a eqlive account) should work on this ^_^

loot --= loot works 100%

go to steelwarrior forum and check uber mob's dmg output, they have quite detailed min/magic number/max and kick, etc

http://www.steelwarrior.org/

under talk'n, arena, ubermob tanking

mmm
01-01-2003, 11:00 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing proper models in PoP zones...proper lewt, etc.
I know these are minor things.

Also, PoP AA/class AA working (IE Manaburn, Imrpoved HT/Leech Touch) would be nice :D

killspree
01-02-2003, 12:14 AM
Proper loot needs to be collected by users with the packetcollector tool, like has been said several times already in this thread.

Proper races is something that either the database or the emu itself isn't allowing atm for some reason.

Manchukwo
01-02-2003, 08:18 AM
My simple request is for an out-of-the-box single player setup. For instance, a supported version of Minilogin would about cover this. I request this because it's nice to have things guaranteed working when ya go to fire off a session to show your friends how cool eqemu is, even if the login servers are down or what have you.

Manchu

--
Borrowed: Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.

a_Guest03
01-02-2003, 09:36 AM
The minilogin setup out of the box is great, but we're still working out the kinks. This isn't like Windows 95 where the machine catches fire and the bugs take until Windows 98SE to fix... It will be released progressively better each time. This is customizable, but not all of the tools exist yet to have a standard enduser just wave a wand and have a single-player server. I think it's more important to figure out how to use archery than how to make a jack-in-the-box setup like you suggest. Perhaps when EQLive stops changing, this will be a possibility. Don't expect it for at least a few months to a year or two :?

Vassar
01-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Customizable pets via database..

Trizzay
01-02-2003, 10:09 AM
Please add the ability to turn off the clipping fog. It'd be nice to be able to see the entire zone without the fog. Can't be that difficult to add...

fnemo
01-02-2003, 10:12 AM
i'm pretty sure this feature is part of the clientside code ...

Niq
01-02-2003, 10:33 AM
According to Steel Warrior, here is the old world data for min/max damage for some of the mobs:

OLD WORLD MIN MAX

1. Avenging Gazer (PoA) 89.3 361
2. Azaracks (PoA) 61 175
3. Cazic Thule 220 600
4. Fierce Jungle/Tiger Raptor 106 220
5. Frenzied Jungle/Tiger Raptor 118 270
6. Gorgalask (PoA) 61 270
7. Heart Harpie (PoA) 90 375
8. Innoruuk 21 401
9. Nagafen 82.5 225
10.Noble Dojorn (PoA) 50 297
11.Overseer of Air (PoA) 115 742
12.Priest of Discord 259.1 356
13.Shimmering Meteors (PoA) 123.5 323
14.Sirran the Lunatic 346 2056
15.Spirited Harpy (PoA) 69.5 250
16.Tae Ew Bloodcaller 65 160
17.Tae Ew Defender 78 230
18.Tae Ew Protector 74 245
19.Thul Tae Ew Adept 111 320
20.Thul Tae Ew Defender 99 270
21.Thunder Spirits (PoA) 55 150
22.Watchful Guard (PoA) 62.5 300

Formatting sucks, but you can figure it out. Some of the numbers look kinda wierd but I followed the formula found on the said forum. Do what you will with it :lol:

BLooDDRiPPeR
01-02-2003, 12:42 PM
hmm.. lets see, a catagorized list of items (like, monk, war, bard, ect.), working horsies and boats, a working Shar Vahl, PoD wearing his other clothes (robe of discord and weilding staff of discord) ability for less privelaged to change their race into Sol Ro and Tunare and such

mByte
01-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Things I would like to see

Ability to click and object and be ported to a place in zone like in PoM and ability to click an object and zone out

Basic Archery (press button it does dmg no collision detection or arrow partical)

Partical Objects (water falls, partical falling in D1 of Sebilis) Also be nice to place particals around the zone on items to show something of importance for a item on the groud or somthing.

NPC Auto Depop to recycle the spawn and chance for something else to pop.

Masterchanger
01-04-2003, 12:39 AM
WIsh i could figure out how to download this lol 8P

Masterchanger
01-04-2003, 12:45 AM
Would like to know how to download this and how to work it and how to be the :shock: gods n stuff lol PM me if y can plz =)

killspree
01-04-2003, 09:51 AM
www.eqemu.net is pretty straight-forward on how to download it if you look.

DeletedUser
01-04-2003, 11:53 AM
mByte: If you got my 0.4.1 zonepoints, it fixes original EverQuest objects like that (In qeynos teleporting off and on the cleric guild saucer) stuff in erudin, etc.

ba735
01-04-2003, 12:00 PM
id like to see some things that wearnt released that were promised on live....or supposed to have been released on live..example Veksar would be a great thing to go explore ^^

Drewfus
01-05-2003, 01:40 PM
I know a lot of people have problem with creating their database. It would be nice if at release there was a readme of exactly what to source and in what order to get the correct database as of release. That is probably my biggest problem with getting my server up. I have searched the forums and I never cand find exactly what I am looking for. If anyone knows this information I am also working on getting my server up again since their have obviously been some leaps and bounds in the development!!!!

mByte
01-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Yea, I just got the 4.0.1 installed and new minilogin somebody posted.

Emu Dev's Rock!

Lurker_005
01-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Trade skill improvments

Ability to return more than 1 of an item aka 5 stacked arrows
return more than 1 type of item aka item and tool
return different items on failure, again more than 1 would be good
no failure combines flag (negative or 255 skill level)
container type check (I think this is in, or partly in)

Divide
02-03-2003, 05:30 PM
Ahh i have another,

#setaapts (#) (Target)

Make it a ServerOP command tho,
Like Race is Self until your a GM then you can do target
then GMs can set AA for ppl even on Legit Servers

killspree
02-03-2003, 09:08 PM
The ability to flag mobs immune to specific spells would be nice. Some examples would be a mob immune to slow, or mez, or charm, or all of the above in some uber mobs cases. :P

Drawde
02-04-2003, 10:41 PM
NPCs (visibly) equipping items in their inventory if the "equip" flag is set to 1 would be nice. The PoD in my DB addon does have a visible Robe of Discord (texture 11) but not the staff, even though he has it in his inventory. Also it'd be nice to see skeletons, orcs etc. wielding weapons rather than just bashing you with their fists. (not to mention guards should have shields and weapons)

Edgar1898
03-03-2003, 02:26 AM
Another small thing that would be nice is NPCs equipping weapons and other items if the "equip" flag in the loot table is set to 1 - it's a bit odd seeing guards bashing everything to death with their bare hands (if they're Monks, then why can they wear plate armour!?)

I just fixed this last night. NPCs will equip any item you tell them to, ALTHOUGH, at this time I have only made it display the primary and secondary items and also if the item is equipable on the chest of an npc, it will display the texture associated with the item. (IE if they equip Nobles Robe, you will see the graphic for the robe on them.) Also since STR and AC are the only stats we use for NPCs, they are the only stats that I have increased when a NPC equips an item. Yes, NPCs will now get the AC and str associated with an item. The same you would receive if you owned the item.

Divide
03-03-2003, 02:35 AM
Very Nice lethal

Trumpcard
03-03-2003, 02:38 AM
Very cool...

TheOne
03-05-2003, 02:34 AM
Just a question like that, did you make it so models who shouldn't equip weapons/armor will not equip it ? I really wouldn't see Trakanon with a weapon or BP on him =P

Edgar1898
04-02-2003, 05:35 AM
Its up to the server owner whether to allow a certain npc to equip items. (by the equip_item field in lootdrop_entries) .

Edgar1898
04-02-2003, 05:42 AM
Ground item spawns (including forges, brew barrels, looms etc for tradeskills). Should be easy to implement in the DB, since you can now drop items and pick them up again - the difficulty would be getting the correct data for all the spawn locs

It wasnt quite that simple, but I have been able to get ground spawn items. Im going to add a new table to contain them in the next few days and hopefully have the code fully finished by this weekend or next weekend. I can spawn items like evergreen leaves, ovens, forges and stuff, but its going to take a little more code because although the forge is there it doesnt open itself up like a container (the way eq live does it). Im going to play around with it some more....

singrym
04-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Didn't read all 7 pages so this might allready be there, but proper z detection. Or at the very least the ability for mobs not to see through walls. Going into blackburrow for example gets you aggroed from all the way from the top to the bottom. You can also attack invisible mobs that happen to be under the floor. Mobs not seeing through ceilings/floors would be enough to make me ecstatic.

The ability to customize petz and classes more, in other words if I want to be a Dark elf beastlord I can add it to the char select screen rather than having to change race later, and also be able to assign what kind of pet is summoned. If you use the dark elf example and change your race you summon a human pet. Would be cool if I could assign it to be permanently a werewolf or something.

this is a wishlist so that's my wish :P

Warlon
05-07-2003, 08:58 AM
I think there should be an item searcher exactly like bazaar window, but for all items, like, you look under woodelf ranger, tunic etc...

Majico, GM on Dils World

DeletedUser
05-07-2003, 10:54 AM
That would be a cool idea, bazaar item searcher. Isn't that client coded though?

fnemo
05-07-2003, 11:36 AM
it is :(

Nexen
05-09-2003, 08:46 AM
Ive noticed that bows work but the dmg is always the same like i'll do 79 damage every time, i wont miss or anything its always the same.

Then theres Pathing bugs like when you enter sebilis it shows all the mobs at the entrance of the zone when they actually arnt.

Theres also aggro issues, mobs will con different but if you are KOS and standing like 1 inch from the mob it wont aggro . That is the case on some servers , on others i noticed that no mobs aggro till you hit a part of the zone where you get half the zone attacking you at the same time.

AA problems... Half of them you cant train for.... example you cant train innate regen , you cant train any POP abilitys and you cant train AM3(AM3 isnt a big deal yet since the bows are broke anyhow)

NPC dmg tables. Ok on most servers i run and go solo trak cause he hits for 50 every 5 seconds. I dont think the real Trak on EQlive hits for 50, i belive he hits for much more and does a mad AE. I would like to see mobs do the dmg they actually should and swing as fast as they actually should. This is one of my main concerns and things im really hoping for soon. i have like 5 RL friends and i would love to start a server of my own and have us get on there and make our chars from EQlive but with our dream profiles and try to go raid Vex Thal or something but thats not really possible when i can alrdy solo VT cause the mobs hit for 125 everytime.

Thanks

a_Guest03
05-09-2003, 09:23 AM
Read the development board and World Building board. They both outline every problem you described as current projects. Bows are very low on the list.

Combat in general isn't done.

If you want to help us, you can join our efforts in repairing the problems you described. If you just came to point out the problems, that's nice :) We'll get around to it when time becomes available.

killspree
05-09-2003, 10:57 AM
NPC dmg tables. Ok on most servers i run and go solo trak cause he hits for 50 every 5 seconds. I dont think the real Trak on EQlive hits for 50, i belive he hits for much more and does a mad AE. I would like to see mobs do the dmg they actually should and swing as fast as they actually should. This is one of my main concerns and things im really hoping for soon. i have like 5 RL friends and i would love to start a server of my own and have us get on there and make our chars from EQlive but with our dream profiles and try to go raid Vex Thal or something but thats not really possible when i can alrdy solo VT cause the mobs hit for 125 everytime.

NPC damage can be tweaked in the database. So that's easily fixed, well ok, not easily, as NPCs still hit for much less than their max damage most times, but that's due to AC code still being worked on. :P

miztay
05-18-2003, 08:47 AM
Kinda skimmed through, too many asking for content, would like to see a possible interface menu for spawning, hard to quickly setup an fortress of spawns for an event. =/

Multi facttion hits +/- or is there a way to make mobs give + faction?

Drawde
05-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Don't know if LethalEncounter is reading this, but there is a bug in the current CVS with NPCs equipping items - they can only equip one (apparently randomly-chosen) item at a time, so if they had a sword and shield, for example (e.g a guard) they would randomly equip either the sword or the shield, not both.
This bug wasn't present in the code LE sent me a while ago.

Edgar1898
05-19-2003, 05:22 AM
Ill take a look at it, someone probably edited my code and nerfed it. I need to go through and optimize it a little more anyways.