PDA

View Full Version : Help with EQEmu Admin tool

Immortal
12-28-2002, 11:40 AM
I've searched the forums to no avail and I'm hoping that someone can help me out.

When trying to set the database, host, and mysql username/password, I get this error:

-
Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax near " at line 1

The admin tool wasn't able to connect to table npc_types
in database "eq" at host localhost.
Please go to the Preferences dialog and set the username, password, database, and host values. If they are correct, this error may signify an error in that table that the tool's database components cannot handle.
-

I've set the preferences to:
host: localhost
db: eq
username: *
password: *

I have the correct Everquest and MAP paths set.
Any help is appreciated!

DeletedUser
12-28-2002, 11:51 AM
Doesn't work with latest version I believe! :lol:

Immortal
12-28-2002, 11:54 AM
Would it be to my benefit to download a previous version of the emulator or should I just wait for a new admin tool release?

DeletedUser
12-28-2002, 11:57 AM
The emulator is far from done so I suggest just wait for a new admin tool.

I would also suggest just going on to a fast eqemu server rather then fooling around with your own. But thats your choice. :D

Hawkeyes
01-03-2003, 02:08 PM
I have finally gotten my world loaded and boom I get this error. I guess I am dead in the water. Kinda sucks after eight straight hours of staring at it.

Sorry, dont mean to be ungrateful. Just hate to hit a wall this large after a long span of what I went through to get this far. I unfortunately do not have the know how to fix this myself.

On a side note. Exceptional job with everything else. This is almost a EQ dream come true. Thanks for all the hard work guys

LethalEncounter
01-04-2003, 11:10 PM
Actually version 3.1 of the admin tool works, although not great. The admin tool should be used as sparingly are possible because if you hang around long enough you will hear stories about how people lost their entire database because of an error with the admin tool.

Hawkeyes
01-05-2003, 08:11 AM
What I have come to realize is that I am without documentation that makes any sense to me. I hear so many people get torn on the boards for not reading the docs so I never bothered to say anything. Obviously these boards are for the technical folks and as much as I thought I knew the talk, I do not. I have finally gotten my minilogin to work and load the world. What I cannot grasp is all the talk of loading db's and sourcing and all that jive that will help populate the world. I do recall creating the db. I do recall typing in the load db prompt also in the initial steps. I went along with the directions without truly knowing what I was doing and that is why I am so lost now. Hell for a person of my techincal caliber I am pretty damn proud I even got my server up ...

I guess I wont ramble any longer.

Lurker_005
01-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Actually it is more like the EQEmu server is not for the faint of hear/technical. It is a command line server in alpha/beta stages. It also uses a seperate full SQL database. You have to know or be willing to learn about (your OS, mySQL, text editing, networking, the emu itself) don't forget some common sense. If this is not you, then you should just PLAY on someone elses server for now.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but that is just how I see it. Would you rather have something less functional, but (most) anyone can run it (ethernalquest) or do you want everything to work in the emu?

Hawkeyes, take a look at the mySQL help