PDA

View Full Version : 4.1 Bugs That I have ran into

mByte
01-07-2003, 05:25 PM
Here is a list of bugs I have noticed

Vanishing Lifts
If you go up the lift then zone out and come back they are gone and take all the doors with them. If you go up the lift and take it back down then zone out they are fine.

Bankers Are Thiefs
Put money in any bank and even if you save when you zone or camp your money is gone. Da Basterds

*side note not sure how it happend but I ended up with a -6 in my SP slot. Still trying to replicate the problem might have to do with the banker problem above.

Did I shoot one arrow or six hunderd and fiftythree?
Arrow's did not save in the range slot (no they whernt no rent)

How low can you go
The npc's do not draw any aggro to archery.

The Yellow school bus for me
My Ranger as level 1 can hit with his off hand while fighting yet not equip a weapon. (the off hand shouldnt attack :P )

No Friends (not a biggy though)
/friends dosnt work

Zoning
When you zone you dont end up on the other side of the path where the zone starts, you go to safe points.

--------------------------
Wandering Mobs & Quest
Problems with TRIGGER_ATTACK (might be I dont understand it can I get an example to see if it works)

here is mine
NPC_SCRIPT 41447{
TRIGGER_ATTACK{
CAST_SPELL 905
SAY:Your more a fool then I thought, Nice knowing you.
}
}

If you have rats, snakes, bats in a spawn group the z-axis dosnt change for the size difference
*great to have them moving now it gives so much more life to the game.
--------------------

I have to say out of all the previous releases this one some how is the best one I have played with.

Keep Up the Groin Grabbingly Good Work!!

var1ety
01-08-2003, 08:07 PM
bard casting bug is still there, maybe other classes to. Weapon proc while you're casting a spell makes you unable to cast a spell until you log out and log back in again.

#mana says invalid command, but refills the target's mana

i seem to be at a constant deficit of hp that i can't refill with regen or #heal..i think this is due to items that have a passive effect, such as pernicious focus, that adds hp?

Saavak
01-10-2003, 12:02 AM
- Unable to create a Vah Shir character. It will spawn you high in the air & you fall to your death each time.

- Lifts in Kelethin do not work at all.

- Unable to spend aquired AA pts. (this one prolly already well known)

- Unable to use "Click on" zoning methods (ie. clickable doors, markers, etc. to zone in or out)

- Lose Exp when you die in duels

- Plane of Mischief, Thurdagin, Nagafen's Lair, Icewell Keep, & Permafrost do not seem to work at all. (This has happened to me & a few of my friends, so we figure it is prolly a bug somewhere)

- Weapon graphics seem to be messed up when others are looking at your character. The graphics will appear fine on your screen, but on others', it will not show correctly.

- I have also noticed that sometimes illusion casting items will cause all casting abilities to freeze until I zone, die, or log.

- Loot dropped by mobs aren't showing up on corpses. Instead, the item dropped will automatically appear on your cursur.

Edgar1898
01-10-2003, 04:40 AM
- Unable to create a Vah Shir character. It will spawn you high in the air & you fall to your death each time.

- Lifts in Kelethin do not work at all.

- Unable to spend aquired AA pts. (this one prolly already well known)

All these are things that can be set in the db, so its not a bug in the emu just the db isnt setup 100% correctly. AA works just fine unless your talking about pop aa, in that case your out of luck.

- Loot dropped by mobs aren't showing up on corpses. Instead, the item dropped will automatically appear on your cursur.
Again this is setup via quests/db unless your using an old emu. Loot drops show up just fine on dead mobs.[/quote]

var1ety
01-10-2003, 06:03 PM
problems with solusek b (soldungb), kedge keep, and other related zones are due to problems with the zone in point. if you update your zones file changing the default safe zone location to 0 0 0 you'll be able to get in and change things further from there. Additionally, there is a problem with perma and the doors file..I took doors out of my DB completely to stop any other potential problems, and have since been able to visit vox and all of the rest.

Safe zone in points for me are: (x, y, z)
solb: (-216, -425, -108)
kedge: (0, 90, 313)

Dunno about icewell, but changing to 0 0 0 and then finding one manually should do the trick.

As for AA..most work (keeping in mind that no PoP ones work), but I find myself at 65 unable to dump more than one point into several, natural regeneration most memorable of those.

Edgar1898
01-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Bankers Are Thiefs
This has been fixed for the next release.

As for AA..most work (keeping in mind that no PoP ones work), but I find myself at 65 unable to dump more than one point into several, natural regeneration most memorable of those.
By default the db has a lot of incorrect information about AA abilities. The max level and the amount you need to spend are in the db as well as the number for whichever one you want. If you cant train it one at all then the number in the db is most than likely wrong. If you can train to the fullest extent in the skill then the db just has the max level wrong. Its rather easy to fix. Also if AA doesnt work at all then you more than likely have more than 1 entry for each aa item. If the emu receives more than 1 result from the table when it does its query it cancels the request.*Talking about regular AA only, pop is a whole different issue.

#mana says invalid command, but refills the target's mana
This has been fixed in the next release. (I forgot to include a variable when I was writing it.)

Wandering Mobs & Quest
Problems with TRIGGER_ATTACK (might be I dont understand it can I get an example to see if it works)

here is mine
NPC_SCRIPT 41447{
TRIGGER_ATTACK{
CAST_SPELL 905
SAY:Your more a fool then I thought, Nice knowing you.
}
}
I fixed this one tonight. It didnt work right so I had to recode it a little. The quest system is getting a HUGE revision in 4.2 so it was kinda pointless but whatever :

Lurker_005
01-12-2003, 03:48 AM
The message in zone about not having spells_en.txt is not displayed before zone quits on NT machines.

DeletedUser
01-12-2003, 05:03 AM
Arrows doesn't get agro is a big one imo..

Its kinda stupid.. your shooting an arrow killing something and it just stands there. :lol:

Bob98112
01-12-2003, 05:21 AM

Its kinda stupid.. your shooting an arrow killing something and it just stands there. :lol:

hmm.. I will look into this. Last time I tried it, it was working fine.

Please clarify though. Are you talking about mobs not taking adds using archery? Do you mean mobs don't agro when you *miss* using archery? What AI level are you using in your DB?

neotokyo
01-12-2003, 05:22 AM

should be fixed in next release

Bob98112
01-12-2003, 07:00 AM
yep .. works fine. I just tried it. :)

obacono
01-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Perhaps these are due to me, however I have noticed that:

When I buy spells from an NPC, scribe them and try to buy more spells, the NPC takes my cash and it doesn't appear in my inventory.

Then I Log out and log back in, and the old spells I have just scribed are now in my inventory..

This has also caused my char to crash the zone.

Lurker_005
01-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Not positive it is an EQEmu bug, but...

It seems there are some servers where only local connections now work. heh used to be only internet connections :p

Local connections connect and play fine, internet players seem to get booted on character name submission, or even earlier.

http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=5069 for a more information from Fnero and myself http://forums.eqemu.net/download.php?id=332 contains the world screens from a good and bad login.

killspree
01-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Loot seems broken again. It's ignoring loottable and going by lootdrop, I think.

I really haven't tested it a whole lot, but it doesn't appear to be paying any attention to loottable that I've seen so far.

Drawde
01-13-2003, 12:27 AM
Loot isn't broken, it's just that the randomisation/chance system has been subtly changed, so that with the old loot data there's virtually no chance of anything dropping. My new DB (on the world building forum) has working loot tables - incomplete ATM but most basic mob types have loot.

fnemo
01-13-2003, 02:54 AM
for a more information from Fnero and myself

No offence but its fnemo ... like F. Nemo .... French Nemo ... see my avatar ?

:twisted:

killspree
01-13-2003, 03:04 AM
Cool, thanks Drawde. I'll grab your DB and see if I can figure out how loot works in 4.1. :)

vortisity
01-13-2003, 05:09 AM
This is a really great release. Kudos to you all! :D

Forgive me if these have been looked into already, but did not notice its presence on the boards....

-If you assign a mob a bogus grid assignment (#gassign 32443 when there is no 32443 in grid table), it will crash the zoneserver and the other zoneservers upon repop/char entry. Maybe add a query check for spawn2 vs. grid or abilty to ignore bogus grid assignments.

I did this because i wanted to remove a grid assignment off a npc out of lazyness just hoping it would not follow any waypoint grid, but ended up having to delete it from spawn2 table (no #gassigndel command).

I wish I could help code but I suck at C++ and moderate at SQL/PLSQL. Keep up the grand work!!

-Vort

Lurker_005
01-13-2003, 07:03 PM
Regarding the casting bug where you lose use of hot keys and can't cast anymore... Take a manastone, and click on it about once a second and it is fine, click faster and you get a can't concentrate message and it messed up. Zone to clear it.

Nobbe
01-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Here is what I've found out:
If you go put trainingpoints in skills that's all fine until you zone because then it can mess it up real bad, atleast it have done so for me the last two times.

Perhaps you have to force-save to get your points? :?

Drawde
02-02-2003, 12:15 AM
A couple of bugs/problems I've noticed recently, using world.exe 4.1 with zone.exe 4.2dr1:

- The duration of most DoT, charm, debuff etc. spells seems to be too low, possibly 50% the correct duration.
For example the level 1 druid spell Flame Lick, when cast by a level 1 character, should inflict 8 points of damage, in the
form of 2 points per "tick" over 4 ticks - however it only lasts for 2 ticks. Other spells similarly
don't last long enough. I definitely remember these spells working for the correct duration in earlier EQEmu versions.

- Strange pet problems. Summoned pets seem to have names composed of punctuation, system characters and numbers - something
seems to be messed up with the name assignment routine.
Also, all pets, whether summoned or charmed, will not attack properly. They will follow their assigned targets around, and
will target things attacking you when set to "guard" but do not actually hit what they're attacking; they simply stand still
next to it.

Drawde
02-03-2003, 06:53 AM
Some other things:
- The "crash on death" error seems to only occur when you die in the same zone that you are bound. So
presumably it's something to do with trying to zone to a zoneserver that's already up?
- I've sometimes encountered a strange "pseudo-invulnerability" effect, where each NPC will attack you once only,
then simply follow you around without attacking. May be related to the problem with pets behaving in a similar way.
Zoning or logging will usually fix this problem, however.

Auldar
02-03-2003, 12:28 PM
I can confirm both bugs Drawde.

If you die in the same zone you are bound in, you will be dumped back to Character Select screen, although I don't crash the zone in that circumstance.

I was using Telmet's more recent 0.4.2DR1-Telmet code with his DB and I also saw mobs hit once then stop attacking. I'm not sure what triggered it as it was working ok, for a while, then suddenly stopped.

I was also using EQW and was playing with an Ogre Warrior, and a Wood-Elf Druid both at level 4 in Blackburrow.

Another bug I've seen is that if I was sitting/medding/looting a corpse in one window, the other window would see that character as running forward a pace, warping back etc etc.

-Auldar

DeletedUser
02-03-2003, 12:53 PM
fixed the death bug few days ago.

DeletedUser
02-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Some other things:
- The "crash on death" error seems to only occur when you die in the same zone that you are bound. So
presumably it's something to do with trying to zone to a zoneserver that's already up?
- I've sometimes encountered a strange "pseudo-invulnerability" effect, where each NPC will attack you once only,
then simply follow you around without attacking. May be related to the problem with pets behaving in a similar way.
Zoning or logging will usually fix this problem, however.

As I said I fixed the crash on death issue, and I just now fixed the "pseudo-invulnerability", what was happening was, the NPC's attack_timer was getting disabled in Mob::SetAttackTimer.

Auldar
02-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Once again, using Telmet's latest 0.4.2-DR1 code (2/4/03):

I had an Ogre Warrior grouped with a Wood Elf druid. Ogre was the group leader.

1. When I clicked disband, I crashed the zone.

2. Using the above group, the HP display from my Druids window was not the same as the HP display in the ogre's window. The druid was not receiving the correct information from the server regarding how much HP the ogre had left. It looked to be about a bub of health short.

It looks like as my warrior leveled from level 5 to about level 9, the change in max HPs was not correctly passed to my other window.

-Auldar

Auldar
02-05-2003, 10:46 PM
I decided to start zone.exe in a "command" window so that I don't lose the crash message when a zone crashes.

The following happened in Unrest with a Wood-Elf Ranger of Level 12. I used a Fiery Earring (I think it's a custom item - can't find it on Lucy), to cast "Greater Conjuration: Fire" to summon a fire elemental.

I told the pet to attack the "undead knight of unrest", and we fought him and the pet died but I eventually killed him. I then tried to summon another pet and the zone crashed.

Here's the log:

-------------------

Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn list, player corpses, timezone dat
a - Done. ZoneID = 63; Time Offset = 0
Reading zhdr file './cfg/unrest.cfg'
Using database for safe coords.
Zone safe coords are x = 52; y = -38; z= 5
Petition 0 pettime = 0
-----------
Zone server 'unrest' listening on port:7996
-----------
Received Message SyncWorldTime
Time Broadcast Packet: EQTime [02:19 am]
Time Broadcast Packet: EQTime [02:19 am]
101336 New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port: 1336
Time Broadcast Packet: EQTime [02:20 am]
Login packet 1 (OP_SetDataRate = 10)
Login packet 2
Loaded playerprofile for Auldar - size: 8460/8460
Loaded alt_adv_table for Auldar - size: 258/258
Login packet 3
Login Packet 4
Sending doorspawns...done
Sending objects...done
Sending zonepoints...done
Enterzone complete (Login 5)
Unknown opcode: 0x2042 size:4
Auldar casting #634, slot=10, invslot=1
Debug: client should have: plat: 0 gold: 82 silver: 136 copper: 191
got end loot request
Got a player save request (OP_Save)
Auldar casting #634, slot=10, invslot=1
Message:ZONEWIDE_MESSAGE: This zone caused a fatal error and will shut down now.
Your character will be restored to the last saved status. We are sorry for any
inconvenience!

----------------

Trumpcard
02-06-2003, 03:35 AM
Auldar..

1st, let me say thanks for all the feedback you've been providing. If other users took the time into making these posts that you and Drawde did, the emu would be ALOT further along than it is now.

Send me your email address in a PM, I'm going to send you a debug compiled version of the exectuables using the latest code. In fact, I recompile daily for changes, I make just make you and Drawde (and anyone else willing to help) on a distribution list to send the binaries to. The debug version has much better information in the logs, and it will spit out a emudebug.log that can help pinpoint where in the code the crash is occuring.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Auldar
02-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Done :)

I'm happy to help! You guys have done such a fantastic job of this, I'll enjoy contributing by doing some beta testing :)

FYI, I have a sneaking suspicion this bug relates to the incomplete cleanup of the first pet after he died, such that when I create a new one, there is a clash with the old data.

I think I saw the same thing when zoneing with a pet (the pet then vanishes), then summoning another one.

Using this debug code, I can also then capture what's going on with the Ranger Archery zone crash.

-Auldar

Auldar
02-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Trump, I got your email, but the ZoneDebug.exe starts running, then Windows XP tells me it had to stop the process.

Doesn't look like this debug binary is XP friendly.. Any idea's why that would be?

There were no errors indicated in the window I started ZoneDebug. There were no messages in eqemudebug.log..

-Auldar

Auldar
02-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Trump:

Got your subsequent email with the newer version, and this one starts ok, but now it bombs out after character select.. ie when it's trying to load up Unrest (which is where my character is).

I emailed you the output after ZoneDebug exited.

-Auldar

Drawde
02-08-2003, 10:34 AM
I get exactly the same error (e-mailed TC with a report of the error message etc)

Auldar
02-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Trump:

Any progress on getting a working debug binary for WinXP?

-Auldar

Trumpcard
02-10-2003, 01:17 PM
I'll see if we can include debug builds with the upcoming 0.4.2 release....

Auldar
02-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Fair enough :P I'll put that bug on hold until then.

WRT the Archery bug, I had a thought which I'll test when I can (wont be for a couple of days)..

I wonder if the bug happens when you have 0 skill in Archery and you try to use a bow? Not sure..

I couldn't reproduce it with my ranger the last time I tried, but I had done a #setallskill 100.

If anyone gets a chance to test it, post back with the result :)

Else I'll try to reproduce that one in a zone started in a Command window so any output on exit wont be lost when the window closes.

-Auldar

Auldar
02-11-2003, 11:28 AM
If this is meant to be defined in the DB (Using Telmets), let me know, however:

1. There do not appear to be any level based skill caps. A level 1 character can get his 1HS up to 252. It should cap at about 5 shouldn't it? (note you'd probably gain a few levels trying to accomplish this but still :P). Trainers wont let you spend points in a skill when it's hit the "limit", however using that skill still makes it increase beyond that "limit".

2. Some skills do not improve with use. Sense Heading, Kick, Archery, swimming, double attack, taunt etc etc. The only ones I've seen that improve, are the melee ones.. 1HS, 1HB, h2h etc.

-Auldar

Trumpcard
02-11-2003, 12:52 PM
I'm checking to see if there are any divide by zero exceptions in there anywhere with skill.. not seeing any at the moment..

Also, alot of the skills have had checks added so they should increase on use.. kick, double, dual wield..

Sense Heading/Taunt, im not sure about..

Also, offense and defense skills are now taken into account and affect chance to hit

Drawde
02-12-2003, 04:13 AM
Sense Heading does increase with use, only very slowly (seems fairly close to the rate it increases in EQLive, though).
I -think- Archery also does, but I'm not sure - haven't got to use this skill much :)
The archery crash bug occurs for me whatever my Archery skill is.

To TC - have you managed to find someone to compile me an updated zone/world.exe yet? Sorry to bother you - it's just I want to try out my updated merchant lists before 4.2 is out!

Regarding my DB, I've just added some Luclin spawns - Shar Vahl, the Nexus and Bazaar. Also I fixed the safe point problem with Shar Vahl (it's on the ground now, not 200 feet up :D ).

Trumpcard
02-12-2003, 04:37 AM
Yea, I verified the SENSE HEADING skill increase code was in last night, just uses an odd formula.. We can refine that down if need be, but it sounds like from Drawde's assesment it's about on track.

0.4.2 is looking to be a VERY good release functionality wise..

We are looking at a release very soon drawde.. I'll see if Image or Hogie can email you one of the updated builds, my machine API is goofy for windows now since I did some patches and upgrades, and it seems like my binaries won't work on anyone elses machines anymore!

I upped the max items to 80 rather than doing a database lookup. Since the packets are compressed now for merchants, I didnt figure it would introduce to much delay. We can revisit it later if it looks to be an issue.

Quagmire, who I now acknowldge as the uncontested GOD of eqemu programming, has cleaned up so much code that it barely looks like the same program.. I have had uptimes of 2 days or more with 20 zones, and have had almost zero crashes in my zones. I cant believe how much smoother my zones are running now. He caught and corrected more memory leaks than you can shake a stick at..

I think you'll guys will really like 0.4.2.. I was playing with it last night thinking, damn, you could really run a fun, persistant world off of this thing now, and thats the 1st time thats occured to me since Ive been in EqEmu..

Be careful of item costs and some of the newer item db's. The lucy based item db's do not include item price in the data, so the cost of everything comes out as 0. I had to dump my database and reload an older one last night to be able to test bigPulls stack selling issue.

Edgar1898
02-12-2003, 06:30 AM
Im not sure what version your running, or if your using someone elses modified code (eg Telmets), but Kick, DA, and Taunt work great and increase. Im going to be adding skill caps to be in accordance with EQlive this weekend. (So if you play on Image's server you better get your skills as high as possible now :P ) I will unless someone beats me to it :)

Auldar
02-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Trump: I just tried to use Telmet's 0.4.2DR3, and I had the same problems as I did with the final version of code you gave me.

Looks like the problem might well be DR3, not your PC.. Although when you had debug in there the problem was worse.. ie Windows had to close zone.exe.

Just thought I'd let you know..

-Auldar

Tugurce
02-13-2003, 03:42 AM
DR3 worked just fine for me in most respects until just before I left this morning. Tried to login to my minilogin server on my LAN and now im getting a 1017 lol, nothing has changed to produce it either. Stupid windows.

Drawde
02-13-2003, 06:26 AM
Exact same problem with me when using Telmet's 4.2DR3 code.
Is there anyone here using Win98 who HAS managed to get the recent 4.2 code to work?

I redirected the zone.exe output to a text file (the window closes instantly when it crashes, so this is the only way to see what the error message is) and this is the message I got when starting up the zone:

Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn list, player corpses, timezone data - Done. ZoneID = 151; Time Offset = 0
Reading zhdr file './cfg/bazaar.cfg'
Using database for safe coords.
Zone safe coords are x = -172; y = -821; z= 0
Petition 0 pettime = 0
-----------
Zone server 'bazaar' listening on port:9001
-----------
Time Broadcast Packet: EQTime [01:24 am]
182620 New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port: 1313
Login packet 1 (OP_SetDataRate = 5)
Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING2: OpCode: 0xe841, size: 4
0: 00 00 A0 40 | ...@
Login packet 2
Message:ZONEWIDE_MESSAGE: This zone caused a fatal error and will shut down now. Your character will be restored to the last saved status. We are sorry for any inconvenience!

eqfoobar
02-13-2003, 08:54 AM
In regards to the no aggro with archery bug, I have noticed no aggro from doing other special one time type attacks as well. Monk Flying Kick for example, you can stand there and repeatedly attack the mob with it and they won't do anything. I wonder if other attacks like Kick and Slam have the same effect.

- foobar

Auldar
02-13-2003, 11:14 AM
Drawde: FYI, I use WinXP, so if you have Win98, it's something a little more fundamental..

I didn't have problems with 0.4.2DR1, but 0.4.2DR3 crashes.

Also, if you want to retain the output and don't want to redirect, try opening a "command" window, then starting zone.exe in there..

ie

run > command

cd \eqemu
zone.exe . localhost 7995 localhost

Then when the zone crashes, you have the output still.

-Auldar

Tugurce
02-14-2003, 09:29 AM
I have seen the "unexpected packet" error before, but until recently it never posed a problem. I just thought it was a quirk in the software that didn't affect the functionality, but I guess I was wrong.

IACryogenic
02-14-2003, 11:25 AM
Which file is it that you edit to change the safe points for zones ?

I have the problem of not getting into certain zones, and would like to change all safe points to the actual zone in spots

Tugurce
02-16-2003, 10:16 AM
It's in the database in the zone entries.