PDA

View Full Version : Luclin-era weapons looking like Sheer Blades

Drawde
01-11-2003, 12:51 AM
I've noticed that a lot of weapons, mostly ones added around the time of the Luclin expansion, have
the appearance of a "Sheer Blade" (the Iksar hook-ended sword thing) - I can't remember the exact appearance ID, but
I think it was 100. This is certainly an error in the DB, many of these weapons are blunt ones or spears! Those that
don't look like sheer blades usually have the "Spiked Staff" appearance which also looks to be erroneous in many cases.
Would it be worth manually correcting this, or simply re-gathering the item data?

Trumpcard
01-11-2003, 03:14 AM
Either or, Im going to combine all the items fixes people do and try to combine them into a single item database.

Belq has been working on them, and Divide. Anything you update, send to me via email and i'll try to combine them in

Drawde
01-20-2003, 08:54 AM
After testing some items it seems like this is NOT a bug, at least not a bug in the item DB.
It seems to be because these items all use new Luclin models and EQEmuAdmin doesn't recognise their
model/appearance ID. In-game they look OK. So presumably the itemvisuals.txt for EQEmuAdmin needs updating.
I don't know the Luclin model IDs, otherwise I'd try doing this myself.

Drawde
01-21-2003, 06:28 AM
One minor thing that IS a bug in the item DB is that all chainmail coats use the leather sleeves icon. (They
look like chain when worn, it's just the icon that's wrong)

(edit: this seems to be fixed in the latest item DB)

Divide
01-21-2003, 08:24 AM
Drawde: I can tell you what Might have happened, I have notied with EQadmin that the models of Weapons are messing up. and When you use EQadmin It takes a snapshot of How it thinks the DB looks of all items. Then when you Edit a item and save it You saved everyting the way EQadmin thinks it needs to be. See i know this to be true becuase i ONLY use EQadmin to search items, Not Edit. I have noticed that it cant handle Luclin or PoP weapon Models so it makes it a Sheer Blade. Now as for some of the armor icons to be wrong i cant answer that. But my advice Take the 'Commit Button" out of EQadmin. I think if you ask Most ppl that work on the DB as much as we do, they will tell you NOT to use EQadmin to Edit

Drawde
01-21-2003, 10:38 AM
I only use the admin tool to search for items when building my DB, not for editing items, I've learnt to avoid using the "commit changes" button!
I can view the Luclin models with the model viewer, but their numbers don't seem to correspond to the item visual numbering system; I've no idea how to work out which numbers correspond to which model other than #spawning loads of NPCs each with a different weapon model.

Divide
01-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Well i dont remember luclin but PoP Weapon models are IT1000+