PDA

View Full Version : New Dev Tools.

DeletedUser
01-11-2003, 08:58 AM
I heard new dev tools were going into process and theres a team coming along.

I was wondering if someone part of the team could email me with some information - I don't want to join.. well I would but I don't think my skills would be worth your time :)

My email: ziot3@hotmail.com

I'm just looking for some information on what you are going to include in the project and what you are hoping the outcome.

Is it just going to be a fully upgraded EQAdmin Tool thats updated more often because you have more time then Windcatcher.

Or is it going to be a more indepth project with other misc things that will make people go.. Mmm.. /drool new release.

Such as an NWN Type Editor, with model involved creations, or just something that doesn't eat you out of memory.

Bob98112
01-11-2003, 06:39 PM
I did not want this to sound like a "me too post" but....

Me too .. heh

I would like more information about the team as well and I AM interested in contributing. I have already started something but, do not want to continue if someone else is already working on world building tools. I offer my help if you want it.

So far, I have not found anyone who wants my help putting together an EQ classic database. That is the reason I started writing my own tools. If I am going to do it by myself, I want it to be quick and easy. I like Windcatchers program fine :) The app I am working on will just focus on "cleaning up the DB spawns" the way I need it to.

Please IM me here with info about the team. I would appreciate it.

Hardy
01-11-2003, 09:29 PM
IRC might be the place for these questions I would think. A post will just attract attention and have everyone asking about them, maybe drive the dev's mad :P Not to bad of an idea though....hmmmm....hehe, jk :D I also would love to help with anything, yet I am only in my 2nd semester (starting monday) in College and going for Computer Programming. Haven't even started the programming languages, hehe, just learning OS stuff this semester, yippie! :roll: I did take 1 semester of C++ in high school, but thats in the back of my head, its gone, lol.

var1ety
01-12-2003, 07:02 AM
irc is the best place to go to ask what you can do. if you have access to EQLive even if you can't program you can be of great use adding to the maturity of the program. Divide always needs more people to get items, and the EQEmu project needs packet collections on a plethora of things; if you have access to the higher planes your services would be especially in demand since I'm not sure how many in the community have access to the higher PoP planes.

If you have experience with other operating systems you could help with porting eqemu's files to those..I heard someone in #eqemu complaining that nobody had eqemu running on OSX yet, for instance.

There are a few that maintain data..you could speak to them about helping to improve the spawn database, or item database, or add PoP items, or fix door locations in game.

In short there are a tons of ways to contribute even if you don't program.

Hardy
01-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Only problem is I have school to worry about, haven't even played on the emu for about a week, been to busy getting ready for school to start tomorrow. Buying books, registering, etc... If this all clears up, I will head to IRC and check out what they need help with.